I like leaked images. They can potentially help me make a purchasing decision before an event.
    09-11-2017 11:14 AM
    I don't like the leaks, tiresome,boring and usually wrong. I would like a complete silence until the next iPhone is actually released. This would also have the benefit of shutting down all these tiresome little sods whose only function seems to be writing spectacularly pointless articles about something that doesn't matter a spit !!
    09-11-2017 11:34 AM
    I don’t know about you, but I’m sick and tired of all of the leaking going on, specifically in regard to the iPhone. I would really like to watch an Apple keynote / Press Event without having a clue to what the next iPhone looks like. How do you feel about it?
    I don't know. I kind of like the fact that Apple is being knocked down a peg from their pedestal. They're no different than any other tech company, so why is there a need to build all of the hype around Apple launches vs. anyone else? Sure, without leaks the keynote would be more entertaining, but then again, Apple hasn't been pushing anything revolutionary or visionary in years so yeah...
    09-11-2017 12:48 PM
    I don't know. I kind of like the fact that Apple is being knocked down a peg from their pedestal. They're no different than any other tech company, so why is there a need to build all of the hype around Apple launches vs. anyone else? Sure, without leaks the keynote would be more entertaining, but then again, Apple hasn't been pushing anything revolutionary or visionary in years so yeah...
    And yet the media continues to cover them, people continue to know when an iPhone is being launched even if they use other platforms and are bitter about Apple's success, and Apple continues to have monster earnings off their products, including iPhones.

Go figure.

I'm thinking there is a something indeed different about an iPhone launch.
    09-12-2017 05:51 AM
    I'm thinking there is a something indeed different about an iPhone launch.
    Nobody does it nearly as good as Apple.
    09-12-2017 05:52 AM
    Nobody does it nearly as good as Apple.
    From what I've seen, and. Asked on my memory, from the day Steve Jobs announced the first iPhone, everybody else has tried to copy what he did. EVERYBODY.

Honest question.....not rhetorical.....had anyone else done a launch like the first iPhone launch? I don't remember.
    09-12-2017 06:37 AM
    Honest question.....not rhetorical.....had anyone else done a launch like the first iPhone launch? I don't remember.
    Plenty. The iPhone launch wasn’t Apple’s first product launch, not by a long shot, and other companies had launches as well. Jobs reinvented the product launch and inspired it to be what it is today.
    09-12-2017 06:43 AM
    Plenty. The iPhone launch wasn’t Apple’s first product launch, not by a long shot, and other companies had launches as well. Jobs reinvented the product launch and inspired it to be what it is today.
    Yeah I don't remember any. I just got phones when one caught my eye.

The first phone I remember RUNNING to get was the Motorola Razr WAY back in 2004. I saw the announcement and I just had to have it. But I don't remember waiting for a phone launch since the second iPhone. By the third one, I HAD to have it.
    09-12-2017 06:48 AM
    Unequivocally NO. I would certainly remember one.

I didn't even know about the iPhone launch in January 2007 until I read about it the next day in the newspaper. Going by the article, Jobs really captured the audience. I'm almost certain 2007 is the last year that I ever kept reading physical newspapers too.
    09-12-2017 09:20 AM
    I disagree, it gives me a chance to decide if I want it or not and if I need to prepare better financially for the next phone.
    Yup, I had to put my house on the market in order for me to be able to afford the next iPhone
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:31 AM
    Me too. I like the excitement building up to the event
    09-13-2017 09:47 PM
36 12