Ok, honestly....do you NEED 512 GB?!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do I NEED it...no, I really don't need 64/128/256gb either, I just want to be worry free and not worry about managing space on my iPhone (been there done that). If I do decide to get the next latest greatest iPhone (whatever it's called), I will probably go with the highest possible storage ....again, because I can.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
For me it's being able to have the movies and shows I'm addicted to.
Doc Martin, The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Handmaid's Tale, and some Dr Who. Right now I can't use them all.
I want them on trips.
And music. Have to have music. And films. Have to have films.

For situations like this I can see. When you start talking about movies and tv shows, it definitely makes sense. I don't enjoy watching shows or movies on my iPhone. That's why I bought my iPad for. So I use that while I travel. I guess that can make a difference. If you'd rather not carry multiple devices, it is best if you can have as much storage as possible on the one device you do carry around with you.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
For situations like this I can see. When you start talking about movies and tv shows, it definitely makes sense. I don't enjoy watching shows or movies on my iPhone. That's why I bought my iPad for. So I use that while I travel. I guess that can make a difference. If you'd rather not carry multiple devices, it is best if you can have as much storage as possible on the one device you do carry around with you.

Yah I like to travel light. I'd rather have one phone and one cable than a phone and an iPad.
And don't forget books!!! I gave up my Nook precisely because I want to carry as little as possible.
Yeah the screen is small for films or shows but I can deal with it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Do I NEED it...no, I really don't need 64/128/256gb either, I just want to be worry free and not worry about managing space on my iPhone (been there done that). If I do decide to get the next latest greatest iPhone (whatever it's called), I will probably go with the highest possible storage ....again, because I can.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've heard the rumors and talks about Apple introducing the 512 GB iPhone 8 model. I've started to think more and more about this possibility and how it relates to my uses.

I've determined that I don't need that much. I've got the 256 GB model currently and I've got around 140 GB left over. If I continue annual upgrades, there is no point in me spending the extra for a 512 GB iPhone that I'll never fill. 256 GB works for me because it gives me a nice cushion.

What works best for you?

Do I “need” 512 GB storage on an iPhone? Heck No! I don’t even “need” half that much.

IMG_0272.JPG

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Traveling for work, I could see the use for it. I have used about 81 GB on my 128, and could easily finish it off. I would definitely consider 512. Would be easier for all of my digital media.
2de51d104efab9bc4953d35f2e8989c7.png

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yah I like to travel light. I'd rather have one phone and one cable than a phone and an iPad.
And don't forget books!!! I gave up my Nook precisely because I want to carry as little as possible.
Yeah the screen is small for films or shows but I can deal with it.

Makes sense. Consolidating electronics is smart. I haven't quite mastered that yet, lol. I still carry my iPhone, iPad and MacBook on all travels. Never know when I will prefer one over the other during my travels.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense. Consolidating electronics is smart. I haven't quite mastered that yet, lol. I still carry my iPhone, iPad and MacBook on all travels. Never know when I will prefer one over the other during my travels.

WOW!!! That's A LOT of tech on travel.

I do carry two cameras on vacations. So that's a habit I wish I could break. My Nikon D80, even if it's ancient I've got a lot of glass invested, and a little Nikon point and shoot. But I end up using my iPhone most of the time.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
WOW!!! That's A LOT of tech on travel.

I do carry two cameras on vacations. So that's a habit I wish I could break. My Nikon D80, even if it's ancient I've got a lot of glass invested, and a little Nikon point and shoot. But I end up using my iPhone most of the time.

Yea. My iPhone is for obvious reasons but it's also my camera. But my iPad is the quick media consumption device I can use. I pull it out and watch whatever. My MacBook is where I prefer to work from. Working from my iPad is inconvenient to me and some of the more in depth work tasks require a computer for efficiency. I've tried going all in on my iPad and can't quite do it yet, lol.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I like that..lol I don't even need 256 GB, but I still get the highest storage option "Because I Can"
Plus it's easier to get since everyone's running after cheaper models..

TheRandomDealio

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I currently have a 128gb 7+. I still have 85gb free. So no...I probably don't need a 512gb but I think the only reason I haven't used more than I have is simply the fact that over the years I have trained myself to constantly make sure my stuff is backed up. And while I am doing that...I delete the stuff I no longer need on my phone. I have a tablet and a laptop but I don't necessarily want to take everything with me every time I leave the house. I have two teens and a 5 year old. I have to keep track of everybody's everything. Having digital copies of certain things ON my phone and not on the cloud can be very helpful. My younger teen does not currently have a phone so she can not just rely on her own device to entertain herself. She has an iPod but no data connection limits her options.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2