Ok, honestly....do you NEED 512 GB?!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Woo big spender over here! Keep in mind there's three iPhones and a Note 7 compiled on here.

94aaec88b6b64b21161c0526e5262f43.png

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I've heard the rumors and talks about Apple introducing the 512 GB iPhone 8 model. I've started to think more and more about this possibility and how it relates to my uses.

I've determined that I don't need that much. I've got the 256 GB model currently and I've got around 140 GB left over. If I continue annual upgrades, there is no point in me spending the extra for a 512 GB iPhone that I'll never fill. 256 GB works for me because it gives me a nice cushion.

What works best for you?

Yes I do lol. It does seem like over kill, but if you shoot a lot of 4K videos and take Tons of HD pics it's worth it. And for me I've amassed over 30 gb of music in the last several years and I prefer to keep them on iPhone for times there's no internet for streaming like on long plane trips

256gb is prob enough but if I can get the most storage and can afford it to me I might as well.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don’t need 512GB, but I don’t mind having that much storage. If I do end up getting the 512GB, I’ll store all my photos & videos onto my iPhone which will take up somewhere around 140GB.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
With iCloud Photo Library and unlimited data no. I have 64gb now but will probably keep mid level whatever that happens to be.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yes I do lol. It does seem like over kill, but if you shoot a lot of 4K videos and take Tons of HD pics it's worth it. And for me I've amassed over 30 gb of music in the last several years and I prefer to keep them on iPhone for times there's no internet for streaming like on long plane trips

256gb is prob enough but if I can get the most storage and can afford it to me I might as well.

LOL, you would have to fly to Mars to need or use 30gb of music!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
LOL, you would have to fly to Mars to need or use 30gb of music!

Nah not really. What if you've suddenly got an ear worm and you just HAVE to hear I'm Too Sexy???? Or your baby wants to listen to The Duck Song three million times in a row? Or your life depends on Relax Don't Do It???

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Nah not really. What if you've suddenly got an ear worm and you just HAVE to hear I'm Too Sexy???? Or your baby wants to listen to The Duck Song three million times in a row? Or your life depends on Relax Don't Do It???

An ear Worm? I'd go right to the ED!

Honestly though, I have most of my music on my laptop. I carry my most listened to on my phone. But I get it, some people like to have everything at their fingertips. I just hope they don't stop making phones with lower storage as I don't want to pay for something I'll never use.

Frankie goes to Hollywood? I think I'm having a seizure.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

178440aac7c05d771b2dd9af359eb9ac.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
An ear Worm? I'd go right to the ED!

Honestly though, I have most of my music on my laptop. I carry my most listened to on my phone. But I get it, some people like to have everything at their fingertips. I just hope they don't stop making phones with lower storage as I don't want to pay for something I'll never use.

Frankie goes to Hollywood? I think I'm having a seizure.

For me it's being able to have the movies and shows I'm addicted to.
Doc Martin, The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Handmaid's Tale, and some Dr Who. Right now I can't use them all.
I want them on trips.
And music. Have to have music. And films. Have to have films.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
For me it's being able to have the movies and shows I'm addicted to.
Doc Martin, The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Handmaid's Tale, and some Dr Who. Right now I can't use them all.
I want them on trips.
And music. Have to have music. And films. Have to have films.

You know I would never disagree with you....

crackercraig

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Reading this thread made me look to see what storage I have. I didn't even remember what capacity I got because I didn't choose it. I got the only iPhone 7 they had in jet black. I have 256gb. I have 207 available after 10 months. I'm using much less storage these days since I use google photos and don't keep photos or videos on my phone. I also have no music on my phone since I use Amazon Prime unlimited. I do have a lot of apps but that's about it.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I currently use about 130 gb. This does not include my music collection (which is easily 20+ gb) or my photos (easily another 30 gb which are both stored in the cloud. 256 would be adequate for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2