Ok, honestly....do you NEED 512 GB?!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Travel or not, I don't see a point in keeping movies I've watched multiple times already on my phone. I'm likely to just rent something new, at which point i happily delete it when it's over. I don't download tons of rentals to have sitting there for weeks ahead of time - movie rental prices are fairly stable outside of promotions here and there.

I have about 4 GB of music that I keep on my phone as well. I get most non music media through Amazon, and I have a Kindle fire for that. It's better for media consumption than a tiny phone, IMO.

So 128GB is comfortable for me. I wouldn't pay the premium for 256 and definitely not 512. People using that storage are creating reasons to use it so ply to justify the cost, in many cases.

My travel schedule isn't the basic vacation travel schedule. I travel every 3-4 days, so when I buy movies I don't take time out to delete them because it takes time out of my day. I also have nearly 30k songs & some business files that I need on hand. Due to my travel schedule, I don't have the time to worry about storage & if I need to keep or delete something. Everyone uses their devices differently & if the larger storage options don't work for someone, then there's no need to worry about the premium being paid. I wish I could use 128GB & be comfortable but been there done that & it just does work for me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got the 3GS, the 5, 5s, 6, 6s Plus, the SE, and the 7 Plus.
I'll be skipping the 8, 8s, and the X.
Pretty bummed. Boring colours and no capacity bump.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I just bought a gently used unlocked iPhone 7 with 128gb storage, which I'll never totally use, for an extremely good price. If I like it, I'll probably sell my SE and be happy for quite a while and not have to pay over $1000.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711