You should not think of large storage in the context of today's media. Once you start to talk downloaded or recorded 4K movies, then you're going to be needing a lot more storage. Remember, Apple is going 4K now too.
    09-11-2017 03:28 PM
    You should not think of large storage in the context of today's media. Once you start to talk downloaded or recorded 4K movies, then you're going to be needing a lot more storage. Remember, Apple is going 4K now too.
    True, but it all depends on what you use your phone for. If you don't use it to watch movies, it doesn't matter. If you do, it certainly does. That's why it's good to have choices.
    09-11-2017 05:14 PM
    The only reason I ponder getting a 64GB or 128GB size this time is because once I am done with the phones they get handed down to my kids for another couple of years.

Right now I have a 16GB SE with 4.7GB of free space. But I move my photos and videos off it ever month.
    09-11-2017 07:09 PM
    ^THIS!!!! I definitely need it. It's more convenient when traveling and I don't have to remember to download anything before I leave.
    Travel or not, I don't see a point in keeping movies I've watched multiple times already on my phone. I'm likely to just rent something new, at which point i happily delete it when it's over. I don't download tons of rentals to have sitting there for weeks ahead of time - movie rental prices are fairly stable outside of promotions here and there.

I have about 4 GB of music that I keep on my phone as well. I get most non music media through Amazon, and I have a Kindle fire for that. It's better for media consumption than a tiny phone, IMO.

So 128GB is comfortable for me. I wouldn't pay the premium for 256 and definitely not 512. People using that storage are creating reasons to use it so ply to justify the cost, in many cases.
    09-12-2017 09:27 AM
    Travel or not, I don't see a point in keeping movies I've watched multiple times already on my phone. I'm likely to just rent something new, at which point i happily delete it when it's over. I don't download tons of rentals to have sitting there for weeks ahead of time - movie rental prices are fairly stable outside of promotions here and there.

I have about 4 GB of music that I keep on my phone as well. I get most non music media through Amazon, and I have a Kindle fire for that. It's better for media consumption than a tiny phone, IMO.

So 128GB is comfortable for me. I wouldn't pay the premium for 256 and definitely not 512. People using that storage are creating reasons to use it so ply to justify the cost, in many cases.
    Nope. Your use case is yours. It applies to you. It doesn't apply to everyone and it doesn't apply to me.

I have a certain number movies and TV shows that I love. I see no need to spend money in renting something different in a hotel somewhere or when I'm stuck on a long travel when I could just as easily watch WWZ or Dirty Dancing for the elenventybillionth time. That's my use case and my preference and I buy accordingly. I'm not making an excuse for anything. It's what I prefer to do.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-12-2017 09:38 AM

My travel schedule isn't the basic vacation travel schedule. I travel every 3-4 days, so when I buy movies I don't take time out to delete them because it takes time out of my day. I also have nearly 30k songs & some business files that I need on hand. Due to my travel schedule, I don't have the time to worry about storage & if I need to keep or delete something. Everyone uses their devices differently & if the larger storage options don't work for someone, then there's no need to worry about the premium being paid. I wish I could use 128GB & be comfortable but been there done that & it just does work for me.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-12-2017 09:39 AM
    People using that storage are creating reasons to use it so ply to justify the cost, in many cases.
    People who actually care enough to comment this probably just make the comment because they can't afford it for themselves.
    qbnkelt and nikkisharif like this.
    09-12-2017 10:04 AM
    People who actually care enough to comment this probably just make the comment because they can't afford it for themselves.
    And here I was trying not to say it.....
    09-12-2017 10:06 AM
    LOL...Nuff said.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2017 10:10 AM
    It seems like it’s going to be 64GB and 256GB only.
    09-12-2017 01:58 PM
    It seems like it’s going to be 64GB and 256GB only.
    They never mentioned the capacity sizes of the X, unless I missed it.
    09-12-2017 02:17 PM
    They did and it’s all live on the Apple website now
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-12-2017 02:27 PM
    Like @TripleOne said, it was mentioned during the keynote.
    09-12-2017 02:39 PM
    64 and 256
    09-12-2017 02:50 PM
    64 and 256
    And @ $999 and $1,149

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
    09-12-2017 02:51 PM
    Well, I got the 3GS, the 5, 5s, 6, 6s Plus, the SE, and the 7 Plus.
    I'll be skipping the 8, 8s, and the X.
    Pretty bummed. Boring colours and no capacity bump.
    09-12-2017 02:53 PM
    Thanks for the link!
    09-12-2017 02:57 PM
    Well, I got the 3GS, the 5, 5s, 6, 6s Plus, the SE, and the 7 Plus.
    I'll be skipping the 8, 8s, and the X.
    Pretty bummed. Boring colours and no capacity bump.
    I'm considering skipping for now as well.
    09-12-2017 02:57 PM
    I'm considering skipping for now as well.
    Yeah I'm not spending $1149 for something that isn't making my toes curl.
    09-12-2017 03:01 PM
    Yeah I'm not spending $1149 for something that isn't making my toes curl.
    Well said
    09-12-2017 03:33 PM
    I could use the space, but even for a space upgrade, there's no need to go from the 7+ to the 8+
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-12-2017 03:46 PM
    I just bought a gently used unlocked iPhone 7 with 128gb storage, which I'll never totally use, for an extremely good price. If I like it, I'll probably sell my SE and be happy for quite a while and not have to pay over $1000.
    09-12-2017 04:24 PM
    Well so I changed my mind. I'll get the 8 Plus in gold.
    That was a short lived rebellion against Apple.
    Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    09-12-2017 05:37 PM
    Well so I changed my mind. I'll get the 8 Plus in gold.
    That was a short lived rebellion against Apple.
    Haha!
    The 7 I just purchased is gold too. Should look pretty sharp.
    09-12-2017 05:53 PM
    Haha!
    The 7 I just purchased is gold too. Should look pretty sharp.
    I really wanted that copper gold they'd been talking about all over the place.
    I'm afraid to order the device and then have the copper show up.
    09-12-2017 05:54 PM
114 ... 2345