Yes, I just like massive local storage
    09-05-2017 07:17 PM
    Yes I do lol. It does seem like over kill, but if you shoot a lot of 4K videos and take Tons of HD pics it's worth it. And for me I've amassed over 30 gb of music in the last several years and I prefer to keep them on iPhone for times there's no internet for streaming like on long plane trips

256gb is prob enough but if I can get the most storage and can afford it to me I might as well.
    LOL, you would have to fly to Mars to need or use 30gb of music!
    09-05-2017 07:18 PM
    LOL, you would have to fly to Mars to need or use 30gb of music!
    Nah not really. What if you've suddenly got an ear worm and you just HAVE to hear I'm Too Sexy???? Or your baby wants to listen to The Duck Song three million times in a row? Or your life depends on Relax Don't Do It???
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    09-05-2017 07:23 PM
    . My iPod 60 and it’s full and I’ve accumulated more music and videos.
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-05-2017 07:27 PM
    Nah not really. What if you've suddenly got an ear worm and you just HAVE to hear I'm Too Sexy???? Or your baby wants to listen to The Duck Song three million times in a row? Or your life depends on Relax Don't Do It???
    An ear Worm? I'd go right to the ED!

Honestly though, I have most of my music on my laptop. I carry my most listened to on my phone. But I get it, some people like to have everything at their fingertips. I just hope they don't stop making phones with lower storage as I don't want to pay for something I'll never use.

Frankie goes to Hollywood? I think I'm having a seizure.
    09-05-2017 07:30 PM
    09-05-2017 07:31 PM
    An ear Worm? I'd go right to the ED!

Honestly though, I have most of my music on my laptop. I carry my most listened to on my phone. But I get it, some people like to have everything at their fingertips. I just hope they don't stop making phones with lower storage as I don't want to pay for something I'll never use.

Frankie goes to Hollywood? I think I'm having a seizure.
    For me it's being able to have the movies and shows I'm addicted to.
    Doc Martin, The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Handmaid's Tale, and some Dr Who. Right now I can't use them all.
    I want them on trips.
    And music. Have to have music. And films. Have to have films.
    09-05-2017 07:34 PM
    Doc Martin, The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Handmaid's Tale, and some Dr Who. Right now I can't use them all.
    I want them on trips.
    You know I would never disagree with you....
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-05-2017 07:36 PM
    I have 128 gig. Used 15.2. Am not using a lot
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ad34f3d94a.jpg. My iPod 60 and it’s full and I’ve accumulated more music and videos.
    Wow you got me beat. Nice.

And not sure why people find it hard to understand why some might want everything on their iPhones? And btw I do Spotify streaming too
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    You know I would never disagree with you....
    Awwwww❤️

You know how wound up kidlets get....especially teens. Pop in Twilight and she's good for eight hours. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    09-05-2017 07:38 PM
    Awwwww❤️

You know how wound up kidlets get....especially teens. Pop in Twilight and she's good for eight hours. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Now that's truly the meaning of "worth the investment".
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-05-2017 07:40 PM
    Reading this thread made me look to see what storage I have. I didn't even remember what capacity I got because I didn't choose it. I got the only iPhone 7 they had in jet black. I have 256gb. I have 207 available after 10 months. I'm using much less storage these days since I use google photos and don't keep photos or videos on my phone. I also have no music on my phone since I use Amazon Prime unlimited. I do have a lot of apps but that's about it.
    09-05-2017 08:58 PM
    512 will sell a lot of monthly iCloud storage. Ha ha
    09-06-2017 12:31 AM
    I currently use about 130 gb. This does not include my music collection (which is easily 20+ gb) or my photos (easily another 30 gb which are both stored in the cloud. 256 would be adequate for me.
    09-06-2017 01:48 AM
    I definitely don't need a phone with 512 GB memory. 128 GB phone is more than enough for me.
    09-06-2017 09:11 AM
    Do I NEED it...no, I really don't need 64/128/256gb either, I just want to be worry free and not worry about managing space on my iPhone (been there done that). If I do decide to get the next latest greatest iPhone (whatever it's called), I will probably go with the highest possible storage ....again, because I can.
    mchi5, TripleOne, FaisDogg and 1 others like this.
    09-06-2017 09:21 AM
    I want them on trips.
    For situations like this I can see. When you start talking about movies and tv shows, it definitely makes sense. I don't enjoy watching shows or movies on my iPhone. That's why I bought my iPad for. So I use that while I travel. I guess that can make a difference. If you'd rather not carry multiple devices, it is best if you can have as much storage as possible on the one device you do carry around with you.
    09-06-2017 05:08 PM
    Can’t wait till they announce the price
    Quis89 likes this.
    09-06-2017 05:09 PM
    For situations like this I can see. When you start talking about movies and tv shows, it definitely makes sense. I don't enjoy watching shows or movies on my iPhone. That's why I bought my iPad for. So I use that while I travel. I guess that can make a difference. If you'd rather not carry multiple devices, it is best if you can have as much storage as possible on the one device you do carry around with you.
    Yah I like to travel light. I'd rather have one phone and one cable than a phone and an iPad.
    And don't forget books!!! I gave up my Nook precisely because I want to carry as little as possible.
    Yeah the screen is small for films or shows but I can deal with it.
    Quis89 and TheRandomDealio like this.
    09-06-2017 05:23 PM
    Do I NEED it...no, I really don't need 64/128/256gb either, I just want to be worry free and not worry about managing space on my iPhone (been there done that). If I do decide to get the next latest greatest iPhone (whatever it's called), I will probably go with the highest possible storage ....again, because I can.
    09-06-2017 05:28 PM
    I've heard the rumors and talks about Apple introducing the 512 GB iPhone 8 model. I've started to think more and more about this possibility and how it relates to my uses.

I've determined that I don't need that much. I've got the 256 GB model currently and I've got around 140 GB left over. If I continue annual upgrades, there is no point in me spending the extra for a 512 GB iPhone that I'll never fill. 256 GB works for me because it gives me a nice cushion.

What works best for you?
    Do I “need” 512 GB storage on an iPhone? Heck No! I don’t even “need” half that much.

Ok, honestly....do you NEED 512 GB?!-img_0272.jpg
    Quis89 likes this.
    09-06-2017 06:52 PM
    Do I NEED it? No. Would I WANT it? Absolutely.
    09-07-2017 06:36 AM
    Do I NEED it? No. Would I WANT it? Absolutely.
    Hahaha!
    🤣
    toneofark and Spencerdl like this.
    09-07-2017 07:30 AM
    Traveling for work, I could see the use for it. I have used about 81 GB on my 128, and could easily finish it off. I would definitely consider 512. Would be easier for all of my digital media.
    Quis89 likes this.
    09-07-2017 08:25 AM
114 1234 ...