Getting 7s Plus instead of 8

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to make up my mind whether or not I want the 10 or the 8 Plus. Honestly, I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to give up using the fingerprint feature. I kinda like it. Also, at this time there is no option on the Apple site for an unlocked version of the 10 (there is for the 8). When it goes live if there is not an option to buy an unlocked 10, that will be the main reason I won't get it.

So that would leave me with trying to decide if I want the 7 Plus or the 8 Plus. What does the 8 offer over the 7? Here's what "I'm" looking at;

The 8 has -

• A11 Bionic Chip (7 has A10 Fusion Chip)
  • Wireless charging, the 7 does not.
  • 256GB option, the 7 does not.
  • True Tone display, the 7 does not.
  • Neural engine, the 7 does not.
  • M11 motion coprocessor, (7 has M10)
  • True Tone Flash with Slow Sync, the 7 does not have Slow Sync.
  • Portrait Lighting, the 7 does not.
  • 4K Video with 24fps and 60fps, the 7 does not (only 30fps).
  • Bluetooth 5.0, the 7 does not.
  • Galileo and QZSS (for cellular and wireless), the 7 does not.
  • Supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 content, the 7 does not.
  • Fast-charge capable (up to 50% charge in 30 minutes), the 7 does not.

Things that "I" don't care about;

Bezel. I just don't care about a bezel on a phone. TV yes, but big woop if it's on my phone.
Neural engine. Since the 8 has no Face ID or Animoji, the only use for this on the 8 would be for augmented reality which I care nothing about.

I personally think that the X is more worth it compared to the 8. It comes down to personal preference and I don’t think you can go wrong with either the 8 or the X.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I personally think that the X is more worth it compared to the 8. It comes down to personal preference and I don’t think you can go wrong with either the 8 or the X.

I do agree, but I dunno if I'm ready to give up fingerprint id just yet. That and I'm waiting to see if there's an unlocked version. Without it being unlocked I have no use for it (I'm the happiest I've ever been with the current BYOP plan that I have).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR