Getting 7s Plus instead of 8

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I can’t wait either!
The smaller form factor is going to be

Dannnngggg it!!!

I had a feeling this would happen. The iPhone 8 is looking amazing and I told myself I don’t need it so I won’t buy it. The renders are making me want it but I know I can’t do it because it’s senseless to waste money and lose the $379.12 Verizon is paying on my phone over the next 14 months.

Here’s the plan. No one posts about the iPhone 8 and we act like it doesn’t exist. K? Thanks!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Dannnngggg it!!!

I had a feeling this would happen. The iPhone 8 is looking amazing and I told myself I don’t need it so I won’t buy it. The renders are making me want it but I know I can’t do it because it’s senseless to waste money and lose the $379.12 Verizon is paying on my phone over the next 14 months.

Here’s the plan. No one posts about the iPhone 8 and we act like it doesn’t exist. K? Thanks!

If you want it, then go for it ;)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If I do decide to get the latest, greatest iPhone it will be the top of the line. I guess will call it the "Nameless" one for now...LOL
4787e318c1834c873b2b1d7fe80ac5d3.jpg

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
When I made the jump in Jan I was given a 529 trade in credit on my Note 5 for my 7+. I got a great deal. I am extremely happy and knowing the phone continues getting the updates I am content. If it wasn't then that would be the deal breaker for me. I don't need a new phone. I take really good care of my devices and it looks new. It performs great.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
This is me too. 7s+ will most likely be my order. I personally don't see the point in wireless charging. It's not that much effort for me to plug something in.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
This is me too. 7s+ will most likely be my order. I personally don't see the point in wireless charging. It's not that much effort for me to plug something in.

There probably won't be a 7s or 7s Plus. Those models will be the 8 and 8 Plus. They will be like the 7 and 7 Plus but with glass backs and wireless charging. The device people are calling the 8 will be iPhone Edition or iPhone Pro.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Somehow the terminology doesn't change my choice.

My point still stands.

I agree with you on the Plus model, that’s my choice too. But it probably will have wireless charging and you will learn to love it. I have a Samsung S8+ and 2 wireless Fast Chargers that really make keeping the phone charged easy.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait to see what the various hardware/software features are for the supposed 7S/8. Assuming that the rumors about no TouchID with the 8, not sure if I like that. However, the more advanced iPhone may support more or have exclusive capabilities and features. Need to learn more from the upcoming official Apple announcement.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully the 7s plus come in at a much more favourable price because of the demand for the 8. Would be nice
I think the price will be the same as iPhone 7 Plus, since the iPhone X will cost way more.
But maybe in a quite short time iPhone 8 Plus will be available at a lower price.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I can't seem to make up my mind whether or not I want the 10 or the 8 Plus. Honestly, I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to give up using the fingerprint feature. I kinda like it. Also, at this time there is no option on the Apple site for an unlocked version of the 10 (there is for the 8). When it goes live if there is not an option to buy an unlocked 10, that will be the main reason I won't get it.

So that would leave me with trying to decide if I want the 7 Plus or the 8 Plus. What does the 8 offer over the 7? Here's what "I'm" looking at;

The 8 has -

• A11 Bionic Chip (7 has A10 Fusion Chip)
  • Wireless charging, the 7 does not.
  • 256GB option, the 7 does not.
  • True Tone display, the 7 does not.
  • Neural engine, the 7 does not.
  • M11 motion coprocessor, (7 has M10)
  • True Tone Flash with Slow Sync, the 7 does not have Slow Sync.
  • Portrait Lighting, the 7 does not.
  • 4K Video with 24fps and 60fps, the 7 does not (only 30fps).
  • Bluetooth 5.0, the 7 does not.
  • Galileo and QZSS (for cellular and wireless), the 7 does not.
  • Supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 content, the 7 does not.
  • Fast-charge capable (up to 50% charge in 30 minutes), the 7 does not.

Things that "I" don't care about;

Bezel. I just don't care about a bezel on a phone. TV yes, but big woop if it's on my phone.
Neural engine. Since the 8 has no Face ID or Animoji, the only use for this on the 8 would be for augmented reality which I care nothing about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox