Getting 7s Plus instead of 8

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Exactly! Too bad I’m not dropping $1000+ this year because I just got my 7 on Black Friday and it’s being paid for by Verizon each month. Gotta hang onto it for another year to get the benefits of that!

That’s totally cool
The iPhone 7 is still a very powerful device.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
That’s totally cool
The iPhone 7 is still a very powerful device.

Definitely, this is the first time in a long time I’m keeping a phone beyond a year. It’s not difficult since the phones run properly and look brand new with the Speck Presidio Grip and Belkin Glass I have installed. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I read an article yesterday that said the phones we've been calling the 7s and 7s Plus are actually the 8 and 8 Plus. The one we've been calling the 8 is going to be called iPhone Edition.

I saw the same article and I’m not at all surprised if that’s what the product names truly end up being. The iPhone Edition title is smart marketing on Apple’s part. If they’re going to charge an unprecedented amount for a smartphone they’ll need to market it as a special edition device designed for top tier users. I just hope Apple is reasonable and learned its lesson from the Apple Watch Edition. Nobody wants an $18,000 gold plated iPhone.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn’t be too sure about that........Somebody somewhere would indeed buy it! I’m sure of it...🤣

Oh I wish I had so much money that I didn’t know what to do with it.

They’d sell a few but definitely not at the scale Apple wants, hence the Apple Watch Edition that never got any updates after the first gen was released.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh I wish I had so much money that I didn’t know what to do with it.

They’d sell a few but definitely not at the scale Apple wants, hence the Apple Watch Edition that never got any updates after the first gen was released.

Oh yeah, no doubt about it.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeap!
I’m sure that within the next 2-3 years we’ll be seeing a bezelless iPhone.

Perhaps, but not if it interferes with user experience by making our devices impossible to hold without messing with things. At least not from Apple.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I bet I could preorder the anniversary edition of the iPhone and not have to worry about getting it until next spring.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The Edition name is silly to me. What edition? Limited, 10th anniversary, ?????

I would like it to be called Pro, but I don't think the name is going to make people buy it or not.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Obviously you are missing the whole point. I am referring to phone size and not screen size. I said that I will be getting the iPhone 8 or whatever it is called over the 7S Plus because the is too big for having a 5.5" screen. Now being the iPhone 8 is supposed to have a 5.8' screen, it is the 7S Plus that will have the smaller screen. It will be a bigger phone with a smaller screen...The iPhone 8 will make the Plus look like a fisherprice toy...SMH

Not necessarily. Total screen size, yes. But many rumors say the "iPhone 8" screen will have a usable functioning "app" screen of around 5.15", with a total screen size of 5.8". We'll find out next week. Got these from an app developer.
6adfdcb56acfcaec3c58db80e17d186a.jpg

188457db72d7688cffe53be53d175af7.png

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member