Getting 7s Plus instead of 8

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the 7+ is a little on the large side for a 5.5" screen but don't buy into all the no bezel hype. I have a Samsung S8+ and I wouldn't mind a little more bezel on the sides.

Ideally Apple should reduce all 4 bezels by half. That would be perfect IMO.

I feel the same way. I really liked my S8+. Great phone and I enjoyed the form factor, but there are a lot of times when I appreciate a little more bezel.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My phone charges quickly. I had wireless charging when I was on Samsung. My belkin charger is fat enough for me. My battery lasts all day. I charge while sleeping

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I am the kind of consumer that always goes for the best technology available for the product in looking into. I bought an iPhone 6s and was completely happy with it and had no plans for an iPhone 7. However, a Verizon Black Friday deal offered me $650 trade in for my 6s so of course I got an iPhone 7 for almost no cost (who wouldn’t?). But in this case, as much as I like the designs shown for the iPhone 8, I just can’t do it. For once in my life now that I no longer use Android I have a phone that’s not completely bogged down or glitchy due to updates. I will probably upgrade to the 8s (or whatever the next one is) when the time comes but who knows. My iPhone 7 is in such great condition I could put it in a box, seal it and claim it’s new.

Time will tell. Bout time I let others beta test for me. I spent too much on an Xbox One X pre-order to buy a phone anyway, lol.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I read an article yesterday that said the phones we've been calling the 7s and 7s Plus are actually the 8 and 8 Plus. The one we've been calling the 8 is going to be called iPhone Edition.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I read an article yesterday that said the phones we've been calling the 7s and 7s Plus are actually the 8 and 8 Plus. The one we've been calling the 8 is going to be called iPhone Edition.

Years ago I stopped paying attention to names until apple announces them. I remember people were calling the 4s the 5, the 5s the 6, and the 6s the 7. So far I’ve just been calling it the 11th generation iPhone, much like I called the 7 the 10th generation iPhone until the name was announced.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The 7S+ is not an option for due to it's size. There's absolutely not reason for a phone with a 5.5"screen to be that big.So it can only be the iPhone 8 or whatever they decide to call it for me.

Agree 100%. That is the reason I went with the 7 versus the plus. Would like the dual camera, the plus was just too unwieldy in hand for me with those huge bezels. Hence why I am leaning towards the 8 with a larger screen, dual cameras and small bezels.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read an article yesterday about the 7s and 7s Plus. It seems they will also have wireless charging, the same processor as the 8 and will retain the LCD screen. Sounds perfect to me. I'll pass on the 8 with its AMOLED screen. Never cared for them really.

If the price of the iPhone w/the AMOLED screen is price outside of what I’m willing to pay then i will definitely get an iPhone 7S, but I’m not in a hurry and I definitely won’t be staying up all night trying to get it on launch day. I’ll do what I always do - walk into an Apple Store or Verizon Store a couple of weeks later and buy it.

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The 7S+ is not an option for due to it's size. There's absolutely not reason for a phone with a 5.5"screen to be that big.So it can only be the iPhone 8 or whatever they decide to call it for me.

I disagree. Having had 3 plus size models now since the 6. I could never see myself going back to a smaller screen.

It makes the smaller iPhone looks like a fisherprice toy.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. Having had 3 plus size models now since the 6. I could never see myself going back to a smaller screen.

It makes the smaller iPhone looks like a fisherprice toy.

Obviously you are missing the whole point. I am referring to phone size and not screen size. I said that I will be getting the iPhone 8 or whatever it is called over the 7S Plus because the is too big for having a 5.5" screen. Now being the iPhone 8 is supposed to have a 5.8' screen, it is the 7S Plus that will have the smaller screen. It will be a bigger phone with a smaller screen...The iPhone 8 will make the Plus look like a fisherprice toy...SMH

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Obviously you are missing the whole point. I am referring to phone size and not screen size. I said that I will be getting the iPhone 8 or whatever it is called over the 7S Plus because the is too big for having a 5.5" screen. Now being the iPhone 8 is supposed to have a 5.8' screen, it is the 7S Plus that will have the smaller screen. It will be a bigger phone with a smaller screen...The iPhone 8 will make the Plus look like a fisherprice toy...SMH

I could never use the Plus phones because the size was far too big for the display size. Samsung S8+ feels great in the hand but the iPhone Plus models have always felt overly large due to the bezels IMO.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I could never use the Plus phones because the size was far too big for the display size. Samsung S8+ feels great in the hand but the iPhone Plus models have always felt overly large due to the bezels IMO.

That’s where the new iPhone comes in
It’s about time for Apple to get rid of those bezels

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
That’s where the new iPhone comes in
It’s about time for Apple to get rid of those bezels

Exactly! Too bad I’m not dropping $1000+ this year because I just got my 7 on Black Friday and it’s being paid for by Verizon each month. Gotta hang onto it for another year to get the benefits of that!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro