Getting 7s Plus instead of 8

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I read an article yesterday about the 7s and 7s Plus. It seems they will also have wireless charging, the same processor as the 8 and will retain the LCD screen. Sounds perfect to me. I'll pass on the 8 with its AMOLED screen. Never cared for them really.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully the 7s plus come in at a much more favourable price because of the demand for the 8. Would be nice

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been saying that there is a better chance of me grabbing a 7s Plus than an 8/Pro. I think it will be worth waiting until next year to let Apple work out the issues that are bound arise with new(to them) tech.

zucchiniknob

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
When the new models come out, they usually discount older models. I hope to find a good price on last year's 7 plus as a replacement for my 5s instead of getting the new 7s or 8.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been saying that there is a better chance of me grabbing a 7s Plus than an 8/Pro. I think it will be worth waiting until next year to let Apple work out the issues that are bound arise with new(to them) tech.

I agree. I think the 8 will be buggy.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I’m hoping to get two of the 7S plus for me and my (then) wife.
As much as I’d love the 8 I think for us they will be too expensive and far more than what we need. We don’t even need wireless charging, that’ll just be a bonus

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’m hoping to get two of the 7S plus for me and my (then) wife.
As much as I’d love the 8 I think for us they will be too expensive and far more than what we need. We don’t even need wireless charging, that’ll just be a bonus

You don't think you need wireless charging until after you've had it a while.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm already used to the size of the 7 Plus I could easily continue to deal with the bezels and overall size, especially if the 8/Pro is very difficult to find. For me, wireless charging would be the one thing that if it were exclusive to the 8/Pro that would force my hand.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I’m actually very excited for the 8.

I'm very excited for the 8 as well. At a minimum, I will give it some time to see how it shakes out. I'm leaning towards the 7s this year though and going for the premium flagship next year. It will be interesting to see how the line up develops after this years transition.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The 7S+ is not an option for due to it's size. There's absolutely not reason for a phone with a 5.5"screen to be that big.So it can only be the iPhone 8 or whatever they decide to call it for me.

Last edited:

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
The 7S+ is not an option for due to it's size. There's absolutely not reason for a phone with a 5.5"screen to be that bid.So it can only be the iPhone 8 or whatever they decide to call it for me.

I agree that the 7+ is a little on the large side for a 5.5" screen but don't buy into all the no bezel hype. I have a Samsung S8+ and I wouldn't mind a little more bezel on the sides.

Ideally Apple should reduce all 4 bezels by half. That would be perfect IMO.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I agree that the 7+ is a little on the large side for a 5.5" screen but don't buy into all the no bezel hype. I have a Samsung S8+ and I wouldn't mind a little more bezel on the sides.

Ideally Apple should reduce all 4 bezels by half. That would be perfect IMO.

Agreed, I am just trying to deal with the lesser of two evils.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a nice Belkin iPhone/watch dock so not interested in wireless charging at all, i like my phone vertical when charging i imagine apples charger will be flat.

So 7S will be same size as 7 for cases?

Think I am over plus size phones so will either keep my 7 for now and see how the 8 goes. Maybe.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73