I read an article yesterday that said the phones we've been calling the 7s and 7s Plus are actually the 8 and 8 Plus. The one we've been calling the 8 is going to be called iPhone Edition.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-02-2017 07:30 AM
    I read an article yesterday that said the phones we've been calling the 7s and 7s Plus are actually the 8 and 8 Plus. The one we've been calling the 8 is going to be called iPhone Edition.
    Years ago I stopped paying attention to names until apple announces them. I remember people were calling the 4s the 5, the 5s the 6, and the 6s the 7. So far I’ve just been calling it the 11th generation iPhone, much like I called the 7 the 10th generation iPhone until the name was announced.
    09-02-2017 08:40 AM
    The 7S+ is not an option for due to it's size. There's absolutely not reason for a phone with a 5.5"screen to be that big.So it can only be the iPhone 8 or whatever they decide to call it for me.
    Agree 100%. That is the reason I went with the 7 versus the plus. Would like the dual camera, the plus was just too unwieldy in hand for me with those huge bezels. Hence why I am leaning towards the 8 with a larger screen, dual cameras and small bezels.
    09-02-2017 11:27 AM
    I read an article yesterday about the 7s and 7s Plus. It seems they will also have wireless charging, the same processor as the 8 and will retain the LCD screen. Sounds perfect to me. I'll pass on the 8 with its AMOLED screen. Never cared for them really.
    If the price of the iPhone w/the AMOLED screen is price outside of what I’m willing to pay then i will definitely get an iPhone 7S, but I’m not in a hurry and I definitely won’t be staying up all night trying to get it on launch day. I’ll do what I always do - walk into an Apple Store or Verizon Store a couple of weeks later and buy it.
    carrickfergus and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-02-2017 01:07 PM
    Yep!
    I wouldn’t mind it being caled the Edition or the Pro
    09-02-2017 06:46 PM
    Yep!
    I wouldn’t mind it being caled the Edition or the Pro
    How bout iPhone Pro Edition
    09-02-2017 10:23 PM
    iPhone X makes sense too since it’s the 10 year anniversary.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-02-2017 10:24 PM
    iPhone X sounds cool and different
    09-02-2017 11:10 PM
    The 7S+ is not an option for due to it's size. There's absolutely not reason for a phone with a 5.5"screen to be that big.So it can only be the iPhone 8 or whatever they decide to call it for me.
    I disagree. Having had 3 plus size models now since the 6. I could never see myself going back to a smaller screen.

It makes the smaller iPhone looks like a fisherprice toy.
    ladyc0524 and Jude526 like this.
    09-03-2017 01:19 AM
    7s and 7s+ with Sept Pre-Order. Special Edition/8/Pro or whatever will be available in November. IMO
    09-03-2017 01:23 AM
    7s and 7s+ with Sept Pre-Order. Special Edition/8/Pro or whatever will be available in November. IMO
    I really hope that doesn’t happen...
    09-03-2017 03:56 AM
    I disagree. Having had 3 plus size models now since the 6. I could never see myself going back to a smaller screen.

Obviously you are missing the whole point. I am referring to phone size and not screen size. I said that I will be getting the iPhone 8 or whatever it is called over the 7S Plus because the is too big for having a 5.5" screen. Now being the iPhone 8 is supposed to have a 5.8' screen, it is the 7S Plus that will have the smaller screen. It will be a bigger phone with a smaller screen...The iPhone 8 will make the Plus look like a fisherprice toy...SMH
    09-03-2017 04:33 AM
    Obviously you are missing the whole point. I am referring to phone size and not screen size. I said that I will be getting the iPhone 8 or whatever it is called over the 7S Plus because the is too big for having a 5.5" screen. Now being the iPhone 8 is supposed to have a 5.8' screen, it is the 7S Plus that will have the smaller screen. It will be a bigger phone with a smaller screen...The iPhone 8 will make the Plus look like a fisherprice toy...SMH
    I could never use the Plus phones because the size was far too big for the display size. Samsung S8+ feels great in the hand but the iPhone Plus models have always felt overly large due to the bezels IMO.
    09-03-2017 04:37 AM
    I could never use the Plus phones because the size was far too big for the display size. Samsung S8+ feels great in the hand but the iPhone Plus models have always felt overly large due to the bezels IMO.
    That’s where the new iPhone comes in
    It’s about time for Apple to get rid of those bezels
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    09-03-2017 05:12 AM
    That’s where the new iPhone comes in
    Exactly! Too bad I’m not dropping $1000+ this year because I just got my 7 on Black Friday and it’s being paid for by Verizon each month. Gotta hang onto it for another year to get the benefits of that!
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-03-2017 05:47 AM
    Exactly! Too bad I’m not dropping $1000+ this year because I just got my 7 on Black Friday and it’s being paid for by Verizon each month. Gotta hang onto it for another year to get the benefits of that!
    That’s totally cool
    The iPhone 7 is still a very powerful device.
    Eclipse2K and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-03-2017 05:49 AM
    That’s totally cool
    The iPhone 7 is still a very powerful device.
    Definitely, this is the first time in a long time I’m keeping a phone beyond a year. It’s not difficult since the phones run properly and look brand new with the Speck Presidio Grip and Belkin Glass I have installed.
    TripleOne and cwbcpa like this.
    09-03-2017 06:16 AM
    I saw the same article and I’m not at all surprised if that’s what the product names truly end up being. The iPhone Edition title is smart marketing on Apple’s part. If they’re going to charge an unprecedented amount for a smartphone they’ll need to market it as a special edition device designed for top tier users. I just hope Apple is reasonable and learned its lesson from the Apple Watch Edition. Nobody wants an $18,000 gold plated iPhone.
    09-03-2017 06:23 AM
    Absolutely. I’m okay with a little bit of bezel though. The near-bezelless (that’s a word now) design that has been shown in recent leaks is perfect IMO.
    09-03-2017 06:26 AM
    .... Nobody wants an $18,000 gold plated iPhone.
    I wouldn’t be too sure about that........Somebody somewhere would indeed buy it! I’m sure of it...🤣
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    09-03-2017 07:25 AM
    I wouldn’t be too sure about that........Somebody somewhere would indeed buy it! I’m sure of it...🤣
    Oh I wish I had so much money that I didn’t know what to do with it.

They’d sell a few but definitely not at the scale Apple wants, hence the Apple Watch Edition that never got any updates after the first gen was released.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-03-2017 07:47 AM
    Oh I wish I had so much money that I didn’t know what to do with it.

They’d sell a few but definitely not at the scale Apple wants, hence the Apple Watch Edition that never got any updates after the first gen was released.
    Oh yeah, no doubt about it.
    09-03-2017 07:52 AM

Agreed!
    09-03-2017 11:15 AM
    I think they are all going to launch at the same time.
    09-03-2017 11:27 AM
    I think they are all going to launch at the same time.
    Agreed. I think the “Edition” model will be in short supply though.
    09-03-2017 02:42 PM
84 1234