How should I buy the new iPhone?

mvstraw

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm going to buy the new iPhone when it comes out. I want to get it as soon as possible, will I get it faster when I pre-order it or should I buy it from the Apple Store on the first day?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm going to buy the new iPhone when it comes out. I want to get it as soon as possible, will I get it faster when I pre-order it or should I buy it from the Apple Store on the first day?

Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining. I hope to see you around the forum. Pre-order at 12 midnight exactly and keep trying if you don't get thru. There will be no new Apple devices at the Apple Store on release day. ENJOY

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining. I hope to see you around the forum. Pre-order at 12 midnight exactly and keep trying if you don't get thru. There will be no new Apple devices at the Apple Store on release day. ENJOY

Isn't it 12 midnight Pacific time? When I pre-ordered it was 2:00 am Central.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!
As Spencerdl have mentioned, I would recommend pre-ordering the device. Please be prepared and have multiple devices set up and ready to go. For example, your laptop with the Apple website, your iPad with the Apple Store app. Just in case the latter doesn't work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you want to get the newest iPhone as quickly as possible, you may have to stay up in the wee hours of morning on the date it goes on sale and order it from Apple or any of the carriers who will be selling it.