OK - Now I'm starting to see the iPhone 8 rumors and images hit the web. It's about that time... and I love it.

One of the shots I keep seeing is pictured below. It features a display that stretches much further towards the sides of the phone, with a much smaller bezel. You'll also notice how the screen extends to the very top of the phone, with a slight bump down for the earpeace, sensors, camera and more.

What do you think of this? And how about that camera setup on the back of the device? I'm a little bummed that camera bump is still there (if this is the real thing). I honestly would have preferred a thicker phone, no bump, and LARGER BATTERY!!!

Sound off!
    Attached Thumbnails iPhone 8 Display and Camera Bump-iphone8.jpg  
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-11-2017 08:38 AM
    I'm loving the rumours on the iPhone 8 so far! Thinner bezels, smaller form factor, L-shaped battery, wireless charging, and so much more! I just hope that Apple keeps the Matte Black color

Other than that, I'm pretty happy and super duper excited! I might pre-order it.
    08-11-2017 08:44 AM
    The link is cracked
    08-11-2017 11:24 AM
    Image shows broken on TapaTalk.
    08-11-2017 02:11 PM
    Image shows broken on TapaTalk.
    They always seem to be. Working ok in Chrome.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-11-2017 02:48 PM
    They always seem to be. Working ok in Chrome.
    Yeah it's always like that.. I wonder what's up with Tapa.
    08-11-2017 09:11 PM
    I would also like to see the "bump" go away in lieu of a 'thicker" iPhone. IMHO the bump has been around long enough. This is one Apple Keynote I will be watching very carefully.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-11-2017 09:33 PM
    I would also like to see the "bump" go away in lieu of a 'thicker" iPhone. IMHO the bump has been around long enough. This is one Apple Keynote I will be watching very carefully.
    It's been around too long.
    Make it a bit thicker - lose the bump = better battery life.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-11-2017 09:45 PM
    EXACTLY. I totally agree.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-11-2017 10:01 PM
    Agreed as long as we don’t sacrifice camera quality.
    TripleOne and Spencerdl like this.
    08-11-2017 10:08 PM
    Agreed as long as we don’t sacrifice camera quality.
    Yep!
    Camera quality is very important even for the average user.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-11-2017 10:15 PM
    The sensors at the top of the display look quite distracting. Samsung found a way to hide them. It's a shame Apple couldn't do the same.
    08-12-2017 11:35 AM
    I would assume that the surround of the sensors at the top would have a black surround so would be less obtrusive than in the picture. If so I'd be fine with that design, with a thin bezel. I think I'm always going to have status info at the top of the screen so if it's either size of the sensors then that works for me.

As for the camera bump, I really don't care. I've had an iPhone 6 for almost 3 years now with one and it's a complete non-issue for me. I'll go against the flow here and say that my battery easily makes it through a day so I'm not bothered about a bigger battery. That said, what I would like to change is (as a iPhone 6 owner) I would like a phone that isn't like trying to hold on to a wet bar of soap. I'm not sure if a thicker phone would help, or non curved sides or just a different finish on the outside.
    08-12-2017 12:48 PM
    Personally I don't mind the bump, but really don't like the vertical arrangement of the lens.
    xanadome likes this.
    08-12-2017 01:06 PM
    OK - Now I'm starting to see the iPhone 8 rumors and images hit the web. It's about that time... and I love it.

One of the shots I keep seeing is pictured below. It features a display that stretches much further towards the sides of the phone, with a much smaller bezel. You'll also notice how the screen extends to the very top of the phone, with a slight bump down for the earpeace, sensors, camera and more.

What do you think of this? And how about that camera setup on the back of the device? I'm a little bummed that camera bump is still there (if this is the real thing). I honestly would have preferred a thicker phone, no bump, and LARGER BATTERY!!!

Sound off!
    I do wish the camera was flush with the casing, but it’s not a deal breaker or anything. In regard to the front of the device, if I were to get an iPhone 8, it’ll definitely be one with an all black faceplate. I’m not a fan of the look depicted in the photo you posted.
    08-12-2017 02:32 PM
    I'm in, the one thing that I would like to know about is the home button. I know  will definitely bring it with the camera. I can deal with the camera bump so long as we get the same image quality as the 7 Plus.
    08-12-2017 03:01 PM
    Personally I don't mind the bump, but really don't like the vertical arrangement of the lens.
    Neither do I, it looks weird
    08-12-2017 07:30 PM

Sound off!
    That is ugly
    08-16-2017 04:04 AM
    The camera bump shouldn't be an issue for anyone using a case. With the case on, the back of my 6s is flush.
    08-16-2017 03:53 PM
    I don't mind the camera bump at all.

I'd probably go with the all black version that has been rumored.

The camera being vertical doesn't bother me much either.
    08-17-2017 01:40 AM
    I am digging the display. I think it will look nice on a black phone. Not so much on the white faced variants. Also i would be very excited if they do go to OLED.
    The camera bump bothers me a lot more. Because it protrudes, it is subject to scratches and is uneven on a table. Which makes quite annoying when typing. Furthermore offerings from other manufacturers have shown there is really no need for it.
    If it does have a large camera bump, it will be a very hard buy for me
    08-20-2017 01:23 PM
    I am digging the display. I think it will look nice on a black phone. Not so much on the white faced variants. Also i would be very excited if they do go to OLED.
    The camera bump bothers me a lot more. Because it protrudes, it is subject to scratches and is uneven on a table. Which makes quite annoying when typing. Furthermore offerings from other manufacturers have shown there is really no need for it.
    If it does have a large camera bump, it will be a very hard buy for me
    I'm very excited too if Apple really goes for OLED this time around. As for the camera bump, it's been there since the iPhone 6. There's plenty of great looking cases out there like the Apple leather case to ensure your camera is protected.
    08-20-2017 04:40 PM
    I don’t like cases. The bump has been there since the iPhone 6 and has only gotten worse. I didn’t like the bump on the 6s plus and it was one of several reasons I did not get the 7.
    08-20-2017 05:10 PM
    I don’t like cases. The bump has been there since the iPhone 6 and has only gotten worse. I didn’t like the bump on the 6s plus and it was one of several reasons I did not get the 7.
    That is true...
    The lenses itself are not so easy to scratch. If I'm not using a case, I tend to be a little bit more cautious with my devices.
    08-20-2017 06:00 PM
    That is true...
    The lenses itself are not so easy to scratch. If I'm not using a case, I tend to be a little bit more cautious with my devices.
    More than anything it just looks ugly. I just don’t like the look of it. That and huge bezels.
    08-22-2017 01:54 PM
26 12