iPhone 8 Display and Camera Bump

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
OK - Now I'm starting to see the iPhone 8 rumors and images hit the web. It's about that time... and I love it.

One of the shots I keep seeing is pictured below. It features a display that stretches much further towards the sides of the phone, with a much smaller bezel. You'll also notice how the screen extends to the very top of the phone, with a slight bump down for the earpeace, sensors, camera and more.

What do you think of this? And how about that camera setup on the back of the device? I'm a little bummed that camera bump is still there (if this is the real thing). I honestly would have preferred a thicker phone, no bump, and LARGER BATTERY!!! :)

Sound off!

Attachments

• iphone8.jpg
    iphone8.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 8

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm loving the rumours on the iPhone 8 so far! Thinner bezels, smaller form factor, L-shaped battery, wireless charging, and so much more! I just hope that Apple keeps the Matte Black color

Other than that, I'm pretty happy and super duper excited! I might pre-order it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would also like to see the "bump" go away in lieu of a 'thicker" iPhone. IMHO the bump has been around long enough. This is one Apple Keynote I will be watching very carefully.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would also like to see the "bump" go away in lieu of a 'thicker" iPhone. IMHO the bump has been around long enough. This is one Apple Keynote I will be watching very carefully.

It's been around too long.
Make it a bit thicker - lose the bump = better battery life.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I would assume that the surround of the sensors at the top would have a black surround so would be less obtrusive than in the picture. If so I'd be fine with that design, with a thin bezel. I think I'm always going to have status info at the top of the screen so if it's either size of the sensors then that works for me.

As for the camera bump, I really don't care. I've had an iPhone 6 for almost 3 years now with one and it's a complete non-issue for me. I'll go against the flow here and say that my battery easily makes it through a day so I'm not bothered about a bigger battery. That said, what I would like to change is (as a iPhone 6 owner) I would like a phone that isn't like trying to hold on to a wet bar of soap. I'm not sure if a thicker phone would help, or non curved sides or just a different finish on the outside.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK - Now I'm starting to see the iPhone 8 rumors and images hit the web. It's about that time... and I love it.

One of the shots I keep seeing is pictured below. It features a display that stretches much further towards the sides of the phone, with a much smaller bezel. You'll also notice how the screen extends to the very top of the phone, with a slight bump down for the earpeace, sensors, camera and more.

What do you think of this? And how about that camera setup on the back of the device? I'm a little bummed that camera bump is still there (if this is the real thing). I honestly would have preferred a thicker phone, no bump, and LARGER BATTERY!!! :)

Sound off!

I do wish the camera was flush with the casing, but it’s not a deal breaker or anything. In regard to the front of the device, if I were to get an iPhone 8, it’ll definitely be one with an all black faceplate. I’m not a fan of the look depicted in the photo you posted.

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm in, the one thing that I would like to know about is the home button. I know  will definitely bring it with the camera. I can deal with the camera bump so long as we get the same image quality as the 7 Plus.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Sound off!

That is ugly

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The camera bump shouldn't be an issue for anyone using a case. With the case on, the back of my 6s is flush.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't mind the camera bump at all.

I'd probably go with the all black version that has been rumored.

The camera being vertical doesn't bother me much either.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods