Has anyone heard any info on how the upgrade program will work this year? If we have to wait several months passed Sept for the 8 that will end up costing us $$$$
    08-09-2017 07:54 AM
    08-09-2017 08:07 AM
    I’m assuming it will work the same way as last year but we won’t know anything until a product announcement is made.
    How will waiting cost us money? Sure, we might be paying on our current devices for a little while longer but we’re also getting more use out of them. If anything we’d be saving money because the new iPhone will likely have a higher monthly payment.
    My main concern here is a late release this year followed by a September release next year. iUP requires 12 monthly payments (or the dollar equivalent to 12 months of payments) before being eligible for an upgrade. I’m a die hard iPhone fan that has gotten my last several iPhones on launch day. If I end up having to wait past launch in 2018 I won’t be thrilled. I refuse to give them extra money just to get out of my iUP obligation before the 12 months.
    08-09-2017 08:19 AM
    I’m hoping Apple will be making some improvements to the iUP this year following from the feedback of last year - perhaps to help iUP users get some priority. I hope that the iPhone 8 is actually included in the iUP - there’s always a chance that only the 7S/7S+ would be available if the rumours of three devices and limited availability on the 8 are true. As with everything we won’t know anything until it is announced, but my hope is that iUP users will get some priority for ordering and that we’ll be able to get the iPhone8 if we choose. Looking forward to finding out in September!
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    08-09-2017 10:40 AM
    Will there be a high-end iPhone every year? If so the yearly upgrade plan makes sense. Starting at $80 maybe. I wonder if the phone will be available via carriers at all.
    08-09-2017 12:52 PM
    I’m assuming it will work the same way as last year but we won’t know anything until a product announcement is made.
    How will waiting cost us money? Sure, we might be paying on our current devices for a little while longer but we’re also getting more use out of them. If anything we’d be saving money because the new iPhone will likely have a higher monthly payment.
    My main concern here is a late release this year followed by a September release next year. iUP requires 12 monthly payments (or the dollar equivalent to 12 months of payments) before being eligible for an upgrade. I’m a die hard iPhone fan that has gotten my last several iPhones on launch day. If I end up having to wait past launch in 2018 I won’t be thrilled. I refuse to give them extra money just to get out of my iUP obligation before the 12 months.
    Well you end up paying an extra payment on your current phone and still have to pay 12 months (or 24) on your new phone before you move to next phone. So if nothing else you end up committed for an additional month.

Hopefully after the phone is announced Apple will email or contact each AUP member and allow you to reserve a phone via a special web site or something like that. Then you can pick up on launch day.

That would work for me
    DarkKnight08 and swandy like this.
    08-14-2017 04:42 PM
    Hopefully after the phone is announced Apple will email or contact each AUP member and allow you to reserve a phone via a special web site or something like that. Then you can pick up on launch day.

That would work for me
    That would be nice, especially after last year’s fiasco. I was lucky enough to get a new phone on launch day but many other iUP users were left in the dark.
    08-14-2017 09:49 PM
    Hopefully it will happen.
    08-17-2017 07:37 AM
    Is it possible to switch from ATT Next to AUP when getting a new phone?
    08-18-2017 08:45 PM
    Is it possible to switch from ATT Next to AUP when getting a new phone?
    If you pay off AT&T.
    08-19-2017 10:36 AM
    Then trade the phone into Apple?
    08-19-2017 11:52 AM
    With Verizon, I can upgrade my phone when I pay off half of the cost of the phone without having to pay extra for the iPhone upgrade program.
    08-19-2017 03:07 PM
    With Verizon, I can upgrade my phone when I pay off half of the cost of the phone without having to pay extra for the iPhone upgrade program.
    So you can switch from Verizon to the Apple Program then?
    08-19-2017 07:47 PM
    So you can switch from Verizon to the Apple Program then?
    No. You’d have to stick with Verizon. They’re not going to let you turn in a phone a year early if they’re not getting anything out of it.
    08-19-2017 07:50 PM
    No. You’d have to stick with Verizon. They’re not going to let you turn in a phone a year early if they’re not getting anything out of it.
    So you would have to pay off your phone then sell it in order to get your money back to switch to the Apple program?
    08-19-2017 08:00 PM
    So you would have to pay off your phone then sell it in order to get your money back to switch to the Apple program?
    Correct.
    DianaAW likes this.
    08-19-2017 08:07 PM
    You'd only have to sell off half of your phone and return it to Verizon to upgrade. And then you can switch to the Apple program.
    08-20-2017 04:47 PM
    You'd only have to sell off half of your phone and return it to Verizon to upgrade. And then you can switch to the Apple program.
    I think @DianaAW is trying to figure out how to get out of her Verizon agreement without it costing anything to her. In this case she would have to pay off her agreement so that she has the ability to sell the device and reimburse herself. You can’t sell half of an iPhone.
    08-21-2017 08:20 AM
    I think @DianaAW is trying to figure out how to get out of her Verizon agreement without it costing anything to her. In this case she would have to pay off her agreement so that she has the ability to sell the device and reimburse herself. You can’t sell half of an iPhone.
    That's almost correct. I'm with ATT and on their Next program where I can upgrade every year. I just wanted to switch to the Apple Upgrade program this year.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    08-21-2017 10:31 AM
    That's almost correct. I'm with ATT and on their Next program where I can upgrade every year. I just wanted to switch to the Apple Upgrade program this year.
    I meant AT&T
    08-21-2017 10:32 AM
    I meant pay off half your iPhone. But she's on AT&T so this is moot.
    08-21-2017 11:48 AM
    I meant pay off half your iPhone. But she's on AT&T so this is moot.
    So Verizon will let you switch if you've paid off half of your phone and trade it back into them?
    08-21-2017 03:02 PM
    So Verizon will let you switch if you've paid off half of your phone and trade it back into them?
    Verizon will let you upgrade to a new phone through Verizon if you’ve made half of your payments and give them your existing device, just like AT&T and iPhone Upgrade Program. Nobody is going to forgive half of your debt to let you switch to a competitor.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    08-21-2017 03:29 PM
    I thought the iPhone upgrade program was totally untied to carrier. Meaning that even if you have a device on a payment plan with your carrier, you can still separately finance an iphone through apple...You will just have two devices on payment plans
    Last edited by popkurn611; 08-21-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    08-21-2017 05:42 PM
    I though the iPhone upgrade program was totally untied to carrier. Meaning that even if you have a device on a payment plan with your carrier, you can still separately finance an iphone through apple...You will just have two devices on payment plans
    Unfortunately I can't afford two phones. I was hoping I could trade it back into ATT since it would be worth what is left owed on it, which would allow me to start fresh with Apple. I understand though that ATT wouldn't make any money doing that.
    08-21-2017 07:33 PM
29 12