iPhone Upgrade Program

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I think @DianaAW is trying to figure out how to get out of her Verizon agreement without it costing anything to her. In this case she would have to pay off her agreement so that she has the ability to sell the device and reimburse herself. You can’t sell half of an iPhone.

I meant pay off half your iPhone. But she's on AT&T so this is moot.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So Verizon will let you switch if you've paid off half of your phone and trade it back into them?

Verizon will let you upgrade to a new phone through Verizon if you’ve made half of your payments and give them your existing device, just like AT&T and iPhone Upgrade Program. Nobody is going to forgive half of your debt to let you switch to a competitor.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I thought the iPhone upgrade program was totally untied to carrier. Meaning that even if you have a device on a payment plan with your carrier, you can still separately finance an iphone through apple...You will just have two devices on payment plans

Last edited:

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I though the iPhone upgrade program was totally untied to carrier. Meaning that even if you have a device on a payment plan with your carrier, you can still separately finance an iphone through apple...You will just have two devices on payment plans

Unfortunately I can't afford two phones. I was hoping I could trade it back into ATT since it would be worth what is left owed on it, which would allow me to start fresh with Apple. I understand though that ATT wouldn't make any money doing that.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't afford two phones. I was hoping I could trade it back into ATT since it would be worth what is left owed on it, which would allow me to start fresh with Apple. I understand though that ATT wouldn't make any money doing that.

Check out Swappa and see what you can get for your phone. Prices tend to drop around this time as people are selling last year's model.