How certain are we that a new iPhone is coming in Sept?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

You seem to be an iPhone guy here to stay with the amount of back and forth you have done. I finally accepted the fact that no android device in the long-run will work as well as the iPhone does for me. So I am done going back and forth! It's a nice relief and I'm saving money and time from not having to sell phones
I think I am. It's stressful switching around devices, and there's always something new coming out for Android, but IPhones only come out once a year and it's just easier staying on iPhone.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

I think I am. It's stressful switching around devices, and there's always something new coming out for Android, but IPhones only come out once a year and it's just easier staying on iPhone.

So much easier. Just enjoy it. Try not to get all flustered and eager to flock to the new android devices. The novelty wears off very quickly!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Glad I could do that for you! I’m not at all shy about my dislike of the non-Apple content around here.

I can totally agree with that. I understand that the news cycle now is that you have to constantly be putting out "articles" to be relevant, but I would be happy to wait for real news. I can do without the "Top XYZ for your iphone/ipad/iwhatever" articles, or even the tutorials (they can be useful, but don't have to be in the newsfeed, they could just be in a separate section). I use an RSS reader for the site, and just ignore most of it though, so it really isn't that big of an issue, just something that "grinds my gears".

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
So the answer lies in how you define a new phone. I'm personally of the "opinion" you will see typical Event in September. The event will bring 3 new device announcements depending on how you define new.

You'll see an inline "s" upgrade with a 7s and 7sPlus available for pre-orders purchasing in September but alongside will also be announced a exceptionally high-end Apple Only Anniversary edition either financed or bought outright through Apple in the $1099 and up range for November. This allows for the common Apple fan to upgrade and also the real techies to hold off til November and go Exclusive.

In this case the name iPhone 8 will not be "used" and would be the Fall 2018 upgrade. This November device just have some special edition name tagged to it.

Just my opinion...

anon(8547461)

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I just saw a report on MSN that it would probably be November release.

This is the ONLY news release I’ve seen about this (one other site cited the same article). All of the “sources” of the article are Korean supply company insiders. Not sure I trust the validity of this piece.

FWIW I was at my local AT&T store yesterday for a return, and I spoke with one of the assistant managers that I’ve known for a while about the 8 and when it might be available in store. According to this manager, they were told specifically just a couple of days ago that the 8 was releasing in September.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods