How certain are we that a new iPhone is coming in Sept?

wobdot1972

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
How certain are we that the iPhone 8 is coming in September, I'm due a new photo in September, but I'm worried that I might have to wait until Xmas or even into next year

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
re:

We won't know for sure, but Apple will sent out invitations before the event. If you can, just wait it out and I'm sure it's going to be worth it!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

I think that Apple’s intention is always to release a new iPhone every year in September. The iPhone is the majority of their revenue and I think they work very hard to make that happen. That said, there have been rumors of supply constraints and possible production delays as a result. Even if that’s the case I would be flabbergasted if we don’t see new iPhones in 2017.

Nobody knows anything until Uncle Timmy stands on stage and tells us. It’s all hearsay up until that very moment.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
re:

We know a new one is coming out, so it would probably be best to be patient and wait a little longer if need be. Might have to wait a couple more months.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

We know a new one is coming out, so it would probably be best to be patient and wait a little longer if need be. Might have to wait a couple more months.

True story. General rule of thumb is don’t by an iPhone right now, unless you simply can’t wait for whatever reason.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Upgrade

True story. General rule of thumb is don’t by an iPhone right now, unless you simply can’t wait for whatever reason.

It happened to me less than a month ago. For no reason I couldn't wait and just bought the 7 Plus knowing the 8 is around the corner. I don't regret it at all

wobdot1972

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
re:

Had my phone almost 2 years (iphone 6s plus) I just want a new phone, guess I'll have to wait, fingers crossed it won't be too long

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
re:

How certain are we that the iPhone 8 is coming in September, I'm due a new photo in September, but I'm worried that I might have to wait until Xmas or even into next year

If the iPhone 8 is on par with what some of the leaks have been, I'm pretty sure we're looking at a Jet Black 7 and 7 Plus type-situation.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

Well you may have to wait regardless due to rumors of low stock of the iPhone 8.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

That said, there have been rumors of supply constraints and possible production delays as a result.

Hasn't that been the "Rumor" every single year since the iPhones beginning? Just a way to create a demand for something that doesn't even exist yet. Don't even get me started on pre-ordering ... ;)

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hasn't that been the "Rumor" every single year since the iPhones beginning? Just a way to create a demand for something that doesn't even exist yet. Don't even get me started on pre-ordering ... ;)

True. Apple just had its quarterly earnings call and estimated a huge revenue bump for next quarter in its forward looking remarks. Q4 covers June 25 to September 23, which would mean they expect a big jump in iPhone sales between now and September 23. Will that include all three rumored models? Your guess is as good as mine. A lot of the blogs are reporting that mass production has started on three separate iPhone models (not iMore though, they’re really busy typing up how-to articles for Nintendo Switch and Pokémon Go).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re:

The rumors of this thing starting at $1,300 or $1,400 are to condition people so when it starts at $969 everyone will be like, "Oh, well that's not so bad!"

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

I'm purchased a PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus next week just because I'm not all that happy with my S8.

You seem to be an iPhone guy here to stay with the amount of back and forth you have done. I finally accepted the fact that no android device in the long-run will work as well as the iPhone does for me. So I am done going back and forth! It's a nice relief and I'm saving money and time from not having to sell phones

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73