Note 8 vs iPhone 8, battle of the $1500+ beasts?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So with rumors of the super high prices for both note 8 and iPhone 8, are we going to have a new battle of the ultra high end phones?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There will always be comparisons between devices, especially if one of the devices is made by Apple...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Agree. If rumors of the price for both are true it might once again be a two horse race for the "ultra premium" smartphone market.

Yeah, but this may only be a one time thing since it’s involving alleged 10th anniversary iPhone.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
For me personally, I've been on the Android boat, so it really doesn't matter to me weather or not Android has a better or faster or sleeker device. For me it's not about the device, it's about the company. I prefer Apple's stance on security and prompt updates and that's that. I no longer give Android a second glance.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
For me personally, I've been on the Android boat, so it really doesn't matter to me weather or not Android has a better or faster or sleeker device. For me it's not about the device, it's about the company. I prefer Apple's stance on security and prompt updates and that's that. I no longer give Android a second glance.

That is true. Seems if you care about updates, security, and want android, the google pixel is the only way to be guaranteed fast updates.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That is true. Seems if you care about updates, security, and want android, the google pixel is the only way to be guaranteed fast updates.

Until it's no longer their flagship phone and then it falls by the wayside along with all of their other "outdated" phones. Been there, done that. :( That's why I'm with Apple now. My iPhone 6s will continue to get updates at the same time as any newly released flagship Apple phone. This is the main difference between Google and Apple. Google only promises fast and first updates for 2 years for their flagship phones (unless that's changed in the last year and a half).

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am very impressed with updates. Also the fact I haven't had to factory reset. It runs perfectly after updates. It should be that way
Android fans say we who like Apple are subpar to them. Really? I had Android for yrs. Whether I prefer Apple or Android is my choice. It does not lower my intelligence as someone had implied to me when we were taking about the differences.

Joao Oliveira

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I think it will come down to what OS you are feeling like. For the tech savy guys, the OS will be the first filter when choosing your flagship smartphone

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that the premium iPhone will cost $1,500+. In fact, I even doubt the $1,400 price point that several rumors have suggested. That being said, there will always be battles waged between Apple and Samsung. They’re the two largest smartphone makers in the US where the high-end smartphone market rules.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it will come down to what OS you are feeling like. For the tech savy guys, the OS will be the first filter when choosing your flagship smartphone

Welcome to iMore! You are exactly right. For the majority of users it boils down to which ecosystem you’re invested.

Joao Oliveira

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! You are exactly right. For the majority of users it boils down to which ecosystem you’re invested.

Thanks, I came from Crackberry (10 year loyal BB user), using a Blackberry PRIV but having a lot of performance issues (really messy Android builds), so I'm in line to get the new OLED iphone for a change :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711