Android users, how do YOU feel about next iPhone?

midnightdoom

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
With Android I like geek stuff like being able to monitor app usage, CPU Ram etc where iPhone blocks that.. Which for app privacy has its pros and cons. Google is good at showing what data they hold. But they are also an ad company selling you out where they can lol

But take away the BlackBerry "security" in my Priv and how secure is android really.. At least apple locks down what Dev's can and can't do with my information.

I want apps that work consistently, good battery (hope iPhones improved since 4s), security and privacy.. Just wish iPhone had blinking led lol hardware wise.. Maybe a few skin overlays like launchers on android to give uniqueness

Thing I like about my BlackBerry specifically is that it made to get work done mostly out of box.. But besides BlackBerry Hub I'm sure there's good alternative apps on ios that respect privacy. Like notes. I don't like idea of my iPhone notes not being secured especially after icloud hack.. Would rather password encrypted notes app for example

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm very interested in the iPhone 8. It has a lot of features that I have been waiting for years for Apple to do. The OLED screen, 2k resolution, wireless charging. All with the performance, security, and app quality that comes with iOS. I can't wait.

I like my S8+ and I'll look at the Note 8 when it comes out but Apps on iOS are just better. I also like iOS's security and imessage. To be honest my s8+ is the best android phone i've ever had but it still feels slow and lacks fluidity. There's a noticeable speed difference compared to my iPhone in day to day use.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm very interested in the iPhone 8. It has a lot of features that I have been waiting for years for Apple to do. The OLED screen, 2k resolution, wireless charging. All with the performance, security, and app quality that comes with iOS. I can't wait.

I like my S8+ and I'll look at the Note 8 when it comes out but Apps on iOS are just better. I also like iOS's security and imessage. To be honest my s8+ is the best android phone i've ever had but it still feels slow and lacks fluidity. There's a noticeable speed difference compared to my iPhone in day to day use.

I'm super hyped as well! I'm all in if the rumours are true regarding the display, L-shaped battery, wireless charging, etc...

I thought by now the S8+ will be up to par and not slow down? I've had the Note 3 and Note 5 and it dissappointed me within months.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Love the SECURUTY Apple has and my apps work better than on Android bi don't have hiccups and lag. Freeze ups. Bad battery life. My iPhone is better. No complaints. Staying with it.
I don't like the Samsung S8. Don't like the screen.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm a relatively new convert to iOS and love it, but please people, don't say iPhone never freeze or have force closes because they do. They don't lag or slow down like android but they do freeze up from time to time and need an app to be restarted

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm a relatively new convert to iOS and love it, but please people, don't say iPhone never freeze or have force closes because they do. They don't lag or slow down like android but they do freeze up from time to time and need an app to be restarted

That is true :)
They are machines afterall and nothing is perfect.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Absolutely. All devices have some issues from time to time. I can say however, since I've used them all, that i have had the least amount of instances from iPhone.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely. All devices have some issues from time to time. I can say however, since I've used them all, that i have had the least amount of instances from iPhone.

Hardware and software integration at its best
If Apple weren't as strict with iOS, it'd be having problems as well.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hardware and software integration at its best
If Apple weren't as strict with iOS, it'd be having problems as well.

Exactly. We've heard people describe iOS as a "walled garden" in a negative way. Well, a walled garden has less weeds and functions more efficiently. That's what I like about it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. We've heard people describe iOS as a "walled garden" in a negative way. Well, a walled garden has less weeds and functions more efficiently. That's what I like about it.

Everyone should appreciate both OS instead of being so negative about one or the other.

Joao Oliveira

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site

When people ask me stuff that i Like on iOS vs Android, I tell them that iOS doesn't loose it's performance or have as many performance issues. But you're right, there's no holy grail of optimization, even iphones lag and crash

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Well I switched to using a Galaxy S8 Plus when they came out. Since then my iPhone seems tired compared to it. Still love my 7 Plus though. After some thoughts on it I'm sticking with my 7 Plus as a back up and actually going for the new Note upon its arrival. Samsung did such a nice job with the S8 Plus I can't ignore the new Note. And with what I'm hearing of rumors on the new iPhone actually seems to copy what android has been doing for some time. I also like the fact android is so open an OS, whereas Apple's is so closed.

Apple needs to do more than what the rumors suggest for me to consider it this time around. Been loving my S8 Plus. Looking forward to the Note. Will keep my eye on new iPhone.

This is how I'm feeling as well. Face ID seems like a plan B that had to be evoked when fingerprint scanning could not be integrated under the glass. Leaving the sensors at the top in the "notch" is a weak engineering cop-out and the UI/UX will suffer as a result. Like the Essential phone, the iPhone is looking like it is trading hardware bezels for software bezels.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm indifferent. If it's not an updated SE, I don't care.
I also have an SE with 128 GB of internal storage, love it. I have the iPhone 7 & the Samsung Galaxy S8, my SE is my favorite. I would hope that Apple continues the updating of the iPhone SE, best design to date.
Vinny

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG G5 and an iPhone 6S. Currently using the 6s. I've been an Android guy most of my smartphone years, not counting the Windows Mobile phones.

I quite like the 6s. The iPhone X finally looks like an Android phone. And it has features that Android has had for years now.

If I upgrade, it'll probably be to the iPhone 7. The 8 looks nice but the battery swelling and cracking of phones doesn't. The iPhone X is prohibitively expensive.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
the X looks great. anyone who buys it will be happy i'm sure.
I went ahead and got the iPhone 8 but I am also getting a Note 8.
Love both operating systems, so I want both phones.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
the X looks great. anyone who buys it will be happy i'm sure.
I went ahead and got the iPhone 8 but I am also getting a Note 8.
Love both operating systems, so I want both phones.

I agree. Both platforms have their respective strengths. I had the Note 8 and it was an amazing device for sure. I ended up getting a 8 plus also and trading in my Note. In the end iOS works best for me.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Both platforms have their respective strengths. I had the Note 8 and it was an amazing device for sure. I ended up getting a 8 plus also and trading in my Note. In the end iOS works best for me.

I think I'm in the same boat as you. I've loved Android for a very long time, and I've even pre-ordered a Pixel. BUT, I'm starting to think that iOS just works better for me. I'm dangerously close to cancelling my order and going with an 8 or 8 Plus (with my fingers crossed that I'll be able to snag an X). The whole cohesive ecosystem is dragging me in.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm in the same boat as you. I've loved Android for a very long time, and I've even pre-ordered a Pixel. BUT, I'm starting to think that iOS just works better for me. I'm dangerously close to cancelling my order and going with an 8 or 8 Plus (with my fingers crossed that I'll be able to snag an X). The whole cohesive ecosystem is dragging me in.

Ha. Your exactly like me. I had the pixel ordered as well. Both the Panda and the black lol. I have issues. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods