Android users, how do YOU feel about next iPhone?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
So we've seen the excitement and worry and rage and lack of patience in the Apple community for the next iPhone, for features that really have already existed on Android phones. But for those who use Android, what are your feelings on the matter? Are you excited to see a new phone too? Do you not care? Would you switch if it is good enough?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Well I switched to using a Galaxy S8 Plus when they came out. Since then my iPhone seems tired compared to it. Still love my 7 Plus though. After some thoughts on it I'm sticking with my 7 Plus as a back up and actually going for the new Note upon its arrival. Samsung did such a nice job with the S8 Plus I can't ignore the new Note. And with what I'm hearing of rumors on the new iPhone actually seems to copy what android has been doing for some time. I also like the fact android is so open an OS, whereas Apple's is so closed.

Apple needs to do more than what the rumors suggest for me to consider it this time around. Been loving my S8 Plus. Looking forward to the Note. Will keep my eye on new iPhone.

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I recently switched to a 6S+ from a Nexus 5X and I like the speed and the Apple social features but the iPhone 8 is really making me think about Andriod. I don't see myself ever paying for a high-end iPhone at its rumored price and don't see paying current iPhone prices for a mid-level device.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I recently switched to a 6S+ from a Nexus 5X and I like the speed and the Apple social features but the iPhone 8 is really making me think about Andriod. I don't see myself ever paying for a high-end iPhone at its rumored price and don't see paying current iPhone prices for a mid-level device.

Sounds like the 7s might be the way to go for you if you were thinking about another iPhone. And remember the other device that was rumored for a long time to be well over $1,000? The original iPad. Then it was debuted for around half that cost, and the crowds roared and guns fired off like it was the Fourth of July. So rumors are rumors, whether seeded by Apple or simply to just get a story that will get clicks and likes. They could even discount the 7s and 7s Plus, but I better stop there before I start another "rumor" lol

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to see Apple push harder. Apple has, IMO, taken their foot off the gas and if the rumors about the next iPhone turn out to be true, it will be a disappointment.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I'd like to see Apple push harder. Apple has, IMO, taken their foot off the gas and if the rumors about the next iPhone turn out to be true, it will be a disappointment.

I think the iPhone 7 was geared more towards the public and not so much toward us nerds and digital natives. I think with all the things in iOS 11 having things that only us nerds would know how to use, like screen recording, a customizable control center, and editing Live Photos, I think this next iPhone is geared toward the Pros. Hopefully they do more than just these "gimmicks" that are being rumored, or else yes, it will be more disappointing.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I am interested but not overly invested. Last year around this time is was disappointed with the offerings from the apple and google offerings. I hope this year will be better. I have always said if it meets my needs then I would not mind switching over.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I know it's only speculation, but I can't see the iphone 8 costing well over $1000 when the Galaxy S8 plus costs $800. I am not convinced that iPhone will have better hardware.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I know it's only speculation, but I can't see the iphone 8 costing well over $1000 when the Galaxy S8 plus costs $800. I am not convinced that iPhone will have better hardware.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

The iPad was also supposed to be over $1,000, then launched at around $500. So rumors are rumors, but people keep taking it as fact and getting mad about something that not only sounds unreasonable, but also hasn't happened yet. For a thousand dollars it better have lasers and X-Ray vision, because that's ridiculous for all the phones to be at a certain price range, and then the iPhone is close to them in terms of material and parts but be hundreds more just because they won't have many at launch. That's the dumbest rumor since iPhone Math (ended up being called the 6+ lol)

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm interested in the iPhone 8, but I'm not interested in paying $1200 for features when Samsung sells devices with similar specs for AT LEAST $400 less. But Samsung has been offering many discounts for the S8s that one can purchase them for $500!

No way will I pay $1200 for a device. No way at all.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm interested in the iPhone 8, but I'm not interested in paying $1200 for features when Samsung sells devices with similar specs for AT LEAST $400 less. But Samsung has been offering many discounts for the S8s that one can purchase them for $500!

No way will I pay $1200 for a device. No way at all.

This is so true.

The majority of people will not pay that much for an iPhone, and if all the investors and banks are going all in on Apple and thinking that they will make the most money off of this next iPhone, there's no way they can make it so expensive that only very few will buy it. That doesn't add up to what the rest of the world and Wall Street think about the iPhone 8. Sure there will be the 7s and 7s Plus (reportedly) to make some money for them, but the bulk is supposed to be made from the one that everyone is looking at, the iPhone 8. If it is priced too high for ridiculous reasons as they can't make a lot during launch, then it will not do nearly as well as everyone is thinking. Also, I sold Samsung and Apple devices, and I noticed that it is almost always true that carriers offer more discounts for Samsung devices than Apple devices. If there is a $200 gift card for Samsung's latest, then there is a $150 or $100 gift card (if any) for the iPhone. That means that there will be way more deals for Samsung devices than Apple devices, and there aren't enough die-hard fans to purchase enough iPhone 8 models to offset the majority of people buying a Samsung because it is so much cheaper. So they could really suffer if they build an iPhone that costs too much.

Then again, the prices are all rumors, and Apple and Samsung are smart, so I think the next phones, the upcoming Note and iPhone, will be priced better than what people are guessing.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This is so true.

The majority of people will not pay that much for an iPhone, and if all the investors and banks are going all in on Apple and thinking that they will make the most money off of this next iPhone, there's no way they can make it so expensive that only very few will buy it. That doesn't add up to what the rest of the world and Wall Street think about the iPhone 8. Sure there will be the 7s and 7s Plus (reportedly) to make some money for them, but the bulk is supposed to be made from the one that everyone is looking at, the iPhone 8. If it is priced too high for ridiculous reasons as they can't make a lot during launch, then it will not do nearly as well as everyone is thinking. Also, I sold Samsung and Apple devices, and I noticed that it is almost always true that carriers offer more discounts for Samsung devices than Apple devices. If there is a $200 gift card for Samsung's latest, then there is a $150 or $100 gift card (if any) for the iPhone. That means that there will be way more deals for Samsung devices than Apple devices, and there aren't enough die-hard fans to purchase enough iPhone 8 models to offset the majority of people buying a Samsung because it is so much cheaper. So they could really suffer if they build an iPhone that costs too much.

Then again, the prices are all rumors, and Apple and Samsung are smart, so I think the next phones, the upcoming Note and iPhone, will be priced better than what people are guessing.

I hope you're right. The only way Apple will make money on the iPhone 8 is to price it comparable to Android phones with similar specs. Otherwise, they're going to lose a lot of money.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Apple can charge whatever they want to a point. If you want iOS you have to get an iPhone. There is no direct competition unlike Android.

However in saying that the new 7s (and +) as well as the older 7 will compete against the 8. If they price themselves to high, the majority of people will simply purchase the cheaper units. It's why right now the 6s/6s+ sell so well. You can get them for $0 on a contract. I'd dare say that most people (not forum people) won't pay more than $200/$300 to purchase a phone on a contract. If it's north of $600 on contract you begin to price yourself out of the market.

midnightdoom

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
I hope you're right. The only way Apple will make money on the iPhone 8 is to price it comparable to Android phones with similar specs. Otherwise, they're going to lose a lot of money.

Sounds like beginning of the old BlackBerry argument lol

For myself, going from a few iPhones to bb10 to android I am keeping an eye on the new iPhone.

I like my BlackBerry Priv and really the slider is the only reason I like having android for the most part.. But doesn't seem I will get nougat, and who knows if "new" BlackBerry will make a Priv 2.

I've been debating if I had to go back to full touch screen I don't know if I want to stay with Android. Android has its perks but it also has its downfalls just like iOS.

I'm not ready to give up on my Priv yet, so for now I will watch and maybe get 8s.. I really don't care about fingerprint and iris and what not. I just like idea that apps are made specifically for iPhone where android apps are all different experiences because there's so many and for the phone to be secure from hacking

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like beginning of the old BlackBerry argument lol

For myself, going from a few iPhones to bb10 to android I am keeping an eye on the new iPhone.

I like my BlackBerry Priv and really the slider is the only reason I like having android for the most part.. But doesn't seem I will get nougat, and who knows if "new" BlackBerry will make a Priv 2.

I've been debating if I had to go back to full touch screen I don't know if I want to stay with Android. Android has its perks but it also has its downfalls just like iOS.

I'm not ready to give up on my Priv yet, so for now I will watch and maybe get 8s.. I really don't care about fingerprint and iris and what not. I just like idea that apps are made specifically for iPhone where android apps are all different experiences because there's so many and for the phone to be secure from hacking

Glad I'm not the only one that isn't interested in Iris and facial recognition. To me these are not even exciting, to introduce another doorway for hackers to try to crack and get into people's phones. I don't care for this stuff, since at this point in time they are less secure. Yet, that's the only new abilities people are saying about the next iPhone. I don't care about a new design or form factor, I care about if the next one will have features that offer something to me as a benefit for convenience and getting work done. A bigger screen for viewing more and a faster processor that gives the phone a longer battery are things that will benefit me and make the experience better. An always-on camera just to detect my face doesn't sound like battery savings to me, so I could seriously pass on the facial and iris features. Speed and battery life please, along with a bit of security; some of the original main appeals of the iPhone for me.

midnightdoom

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
With Android I like geek stuff like being able to monitor app usage, CPU Ram etc where iPhone blocks that.. Which for app privacy has its pros and cons.

But take away the BlackBerry "security" in my Priv and how secure is android really.. At least apple locks down what Dev's can and can't do with my information.

I want apps that work consistently, good battery (hope iPhones improved since 4s).. Just wish iPhone had blinking led lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox