What happens if the iPhone 8 is a flop?

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
As long as the 7s isn't a flop, Apple will be fine. It will be interesting to see how large the premium phone market is. The few companies that have tried to reach it have offered Android devices with premium materials but a (from review stories) sub-par experience.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
As long as the 7s isn't a flop, Apple will be fine. It will be interesting to see how large the premium phone market is. The few companies that have tried to reach it have offered Android devices with premium materials but a (from review stories) sub-par experience.

I can't imagine how much better or faster a phone can get... I mean the camera and the A10 is unbelievable on the 7 Plus, and this is coming from someone who used to use the 6s Plus.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
You will need to wait till September 2018 to find out, its the year of the 7S. Maybe a anniversary edition or pro or whatever but won't be a 8. Its all rumours, fake news and media beat up.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
What’s considered disappointing? Projecting 90 million units in the first 30 days and only selling 89.9 million? If anything hampers sales it’s going to be supply constraints.

Yet another “Apple is doomed” story.

My thoughts exactly! Some analysts seem to forget that delayed sales are not the same thing as lost sales.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm betting on the 7s selling the most, followed by the 8 and then the 7s Plus. I feel like the plus model will suffer as it's Apple's most expensive phone. For the rumoured extra bit, you might as well get the bezel less model.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
If the 7S is a typical S bump then I think the 8 will do better. The build of the 7 is now creeping towards "out dated" with those gigantic bezels. If they reduce the size of the 7S, but not go all the way to bezel less, it will do better IMO. If they did that and kept touch ID, and went with facial for the 8, i would be seriously tempted to stay with the regular model.

I doubt this will happen though. When Apple wants you to move to the more expensive model's, they make it hard to resist.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple products don't really flop - at least not hardware from ubiquitous lines like iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook.

There are always enough people willing to invent enough excuses to make it worth getting the product to justify it. Apple knows this, and it isn't a phenomenon that is exclusive to their brand, either...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple products don't really flop - at least not hardware from ubiquitous lines like iPhone, iPad, iMac, and MacBook.

There are always enough people willing to invent enough excuses to make it worth getting the product to justify it. Apple knows this, and it isn't a phenomenon that is exclusive to their brand, either...

Precisely

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal