The MacBook is a great laptop. The MacBook Pro takes everything and makes it greater, like more power, better graphics, higher memory configurations, and bigger screen sizes to name a few.

The 2017 (non-Pro) iPad is a great tablet for beginners and those that want to upgrade from an older iPad. The iPad Pro takes everything and makes it greater, like Pro Motion and better graphics, higher memory configurations, and bigger screen sizes. Sound familiar?

There may be a pattern to the higher "Pro" products that Apple sells. Does this point to the next iPhone? Will the higher model be like a "Pro" product and offer things like more power, better graphics, higher memory configurations, and a bigger screen size? It sort of seems that way.
    07-17-2017 07:38 PM
    The MacBook is a great laptop. The MacBook Pro takes everything and makes it greater, like more power, better graphics, higher memory configurations, and bigger screen sizes to name a few.

The 2017 (non-Pro) iPad is a great tablet for beginners and those that want to upgrade from an older iPad. The iPad Pro takes everything and makes it greater, like Pro Motion and better graphics, higher memory configurations, and bigger screen sizes. Sound familiar?

There may be a pattern to the higher "Pro" products that Apple sells. Does this point to the next iPhone? Will the higher model be like a "Pro" product and offer things like more power, better graphics, higher memory configurations, and a bigger screen size? It sort of seems that way.
    Doubt it. Apple likes to try and keep everything similar, so it will have the dual camera (like the 7+ already had). Maybe more ram, and the rumored OLED screen. I can't see them calling it the iPhone pro unless they really differentiate from the other iPhones, which based on the iPad, going to say no because they would have to have an entire new special OS with those pro features in it.
    07-17-2017 07:46 PM
    Doubt it. Apple likes to try and keep everything similar, so it will have the dual camera (like the 7+ already had). Maybe more ram, and the rumored OLED screen. I can't see them calling it the iPhone pro unless they really differentiate from the other iPhones, which based on the iPad, going to say no because they would have to have an entire new special OS with those pro features in it.
    All iPads will be getting iOS 11, even though the Pro models don't need an entirely new OS just for them to support Apple Pencil and other Pro things. Same for the MacBook Pro models; they don't have an entirely different OS to recognize the Touchbar and external 5K monitors as part of its OS, but they still have things that only Pro models can do. While they do try to keep things similar, they have been making a wider gap between their "Pro" devices and the rest of their products it seems, through hardware.

And OLED screen with Pro Motion and higher storage with a bigger battery would be quite different from the other models. These things, including other things that are rumored, like a touch-sensitive area, facial recognition, artificial reality, and other things we don't even know about, might be enough to differentiate it as a "Pro" device, while running the same iOS as the other models.
    07-17-2017 08:49 PM
    All iPads will be getting iOS 11, even though the Pro models don't need an entirely new OS just for them to support Apple Pencil and other Pro things. Same for the MacBook Pro models; they don't have an entirely different OS to recognize the Touchbar and external 5K monitors as part of its OS, but they still have things that only Pro models can do. While they do try to keep things similar, they have been making a wider gap between their "Pro" devices and the rest of their products it seems, through hardware.

And OLED screen with Pro Motion and higher storage with a bigger battery would be quite different from the other models. These things, including other things that are rumored, like a touch-sensitive area, facial recognition, artificial reality, and other things we don't even know about, might be enough to differentiate it as a "Pro" device, while running the same iOS as the other models.
    Outside of the OLED screen I don't see any of those other features as "pro"
    07-17-2017 10:33 PM
    Outside of the OLED screen I don't see any of those other features as "pro"
    That's where the edge-to-edge display and facial recognition come in. But to be honest, I do see these two things as just gimmicks or me-too features, so I wouldn't really take these features seriously. But they might market it that way, same as how there aren't really that many differences between the iPad and iPad Pro models, but they still call them Pro for relatively few differences. I guess we'll see.
    Premium1 likes this.
    07-17-2017 10:38 PM