iPhone 8 could launch without software support for wireless charging and 3D sensor

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
For those of us with the Apple upgrade program every month of delay will cost us $, I would support release and upgrade software when ready

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
For those of us with the Apple upgrade program every month of delay will cost us $, I would support release and upgrade software when ready

That is an interesting take on it. I wasn't even thinking about the apple upgrade program and the effects.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think that's the safest way to get Phones out quickly. If they perfect everything it won't be out till nov/dec.

I feel like if wireless charging and the 3d/AR was something they wanted, it should have been a focus throughout development so they could get it out once the iPhone launches, not months later.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Rnevere: iPhone 8 could launch without software support for wireless charging and 3D sensor

And we all know they will never get it perfected. Technology just doesn’t work that way

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I feel like if wireless charging and the 3d/AR was something they wanted, it should have been a focus throughout development so they could get it out once the iPhone launches, not months later.

They didn't make AR that big of an issue with the iPP so I don't think they'll do the same. I feel like the main attraction will be the screen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
They didn't make AR that big of an issue with the iPP so I don't think they'll do the same. I feel like the main attraction will be the screen.

But with the rumors of the enhanced back camera taking advantage of this for regular pictures seems they would really be hamstringing themselves by waiting to release that feature.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
But with the rumors of the enhanced back camera taking advantage of this for regular pictures seems they would really be hamstringing themselves by waiting to release that feature.

They did the same with portrait mode so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
It's funny to me that Apple customers are ok with this, but if Microsoft or Google did this their customers would be upset, and Apple customers would be laughing at them.

I for one, would be in the wait until all the features are working correctly. It is one thing to have a bug here or there, but to have a large function present, but not working by design seems silly to me. To be fair, I'm not buying it either way, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's funny to me that Apple customers are ok with this, but if Microsoft or Google did this their customers would be upset, and Apple customers would be laughing at them.

I for one, would be in the wait until all the features are working correctly. It is one thing to have a bug here or there, but to have a large function present, but not working by design seems silly to me. To be fair, I'm not buying it either way, so it really doesn't matter to me.

I agree. Something that they are going to tout as being a selling feature, not having it ready at launch seems like a bad move to me. And you are right, if this was any other company they would be getting bashed for it

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that's the safest way to get Phones out quickly. If they perfect everything it won't be out till nov/dec.

I'm thinking more like Jan/Feb and then I'm no longer confident in Apple to release a finished product to be honest. The question is "do I want to pay upwards of $1,400 for an unfinished iPhone?"....I don't think so.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking more like Jan/Feb and then I'm no longer confident in Apple to release a finished product to be honest. The question is "do I want to pay upwards of $1,400 for an unfinished iPhone?"....I don't think so.

Agree. If it was the regular price, I could deal with some things not being ready at launch. But when you are putting down that kind of $$ that better be a finished product, not half baked just to reach some sort of "deadline"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice