Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $1200+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Tough question for me. If and I mean If I decide to upgrade to the iPhone 8 and it cost more than $1,000 (and it will), I will definitely be keeping it for more than one year. No more every year iPhone upgrade for me. There are just not enough upgrades to really justify this every year upgrade program anymore.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Depends on how well Apple can excite me at the keynote. I’ll pay a premium price if I see value. Until then, I can’t say.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This year, $0. I'm not one who has to have the latest greatest every year. My 6s Plus still works for me. I'll probably upgrade next year to the iPhone 8 Plus. Or the 7s Plus if I can get a good deal.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It’s all relative. It depends on what value it brings compared to my existing 7 Plus. The more value, the more I’m willing to pay.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hanging onto my 6 plus for a while longer. Probably until my wife upgrades and I'll take her 7 plus lol. Just kinda done with all this financing phones and having payments all the time for them when now they seem to run fine for years

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hanging onto my 6 plus for a while longer. Probably until my wife upgrades and I'll take her 7 plus lol. Just kinda done with all this financing phones and having payments all the time for them when now they seem to run fine for years

That is one nice thing about iPhones. They are supported 3+ years so there isn't as much of a need to upgrade yearly like many used to do.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
From the 4 series to the 5 then the 5 series's to the 6 were all big steps but the returns are diminishing to me now with each iteration

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
From the 4 series to the 5 then the 5 series's to the 6 were all big steps but the returns are diminishing to me now with each iteration

I agree. I feel that once 64bit came around that is when the returns started to diminish. The first jump was huge, then it has kind of plateaued. The camera gets a "little better, and each gets a little faster," but there are few things in the OS that really take advantage of the increases in speed and processor power anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I feel that once 64bit came around that is when the returns started to diminish. The first jump was huge, then it has kind of plateaued. The camera gets a "little better, and each gets a little faster," but there are few things in the OS that really take advantage of the increases in speed and processor power anyway.
That may be somewhat true with the hardware, but 64 bit has enabled quite a lot of great new software. Apps, for example, offer much more, and they continue to get better and better. I'm content with the hardware of my 6s Plus. The software is where it's at for me.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I lowballed it @ $869 ... why? ... same reason I bought a space grey aluminum Apple Watch 2 over the Ceramic Apple Watch edition. Basically the same watch for the most part @ over half the price ...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This year, $0. I'm not one who has to have the latest greatest every year. My 6s Plus still works for me. I'll probably upgrade next year to the iPhone 8 Plus. Or the 7s Plus if I can get a good deal.

Same here. I've never felt the need to have the latest and greatest. My 6s works for me.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
1000 would be my limit. Like most have said the yearly upgrades have started to become minimal and somewhat not worth the money. Plus with the rumors about the 8 it's no telling exactly how the device would even preform.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
1000 would be my limit. Like most have said the yearly upgrades have started to become minimal and somewhat not worth the money. Plus with the rumors about the 8 it's no telling exactly how the device would even preform.

This actually might be one that is a good idea to wait for gen 2 so they can work out any bugs/kinks with the oled panels or whatever else they include

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
This actually might be one that is a good idea to wait for gen 2 so they can work out any bugs/kinks with the oled panels or whatever else they include

Agreed, and that's really my main concern. They are using tech they haven't really used on. Device before then you have ios 11 that is still kinda uncertain for what they are going for. Atleast September is just around the corner, everything will eventually be answered.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR