Will you still get the iPhone 8 if it ends up costing $1400?!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Can you further expand on “boring”? I see people use this term regarding phone colors. Are we supposed to be entertained by the color of the device?

Yes, it all blends together, which to me is boring, in no way visually stimulating. To some it is what they want. I used to always get black phones, then I got a couple yellow Lumias and I loved them. They were a bit loud for business settings, but I think all the rumored colors are pretty tame in comparison. The beauty is we all get to choose what we like best, which to me would be copper in this case (now if they had a dark blue or something I would go with that instead).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it all blends together, which to me is boring, in no way visually stimulating. To some it is what they want. I used to always get black phones, then I got a couple yellow Lumias and I loved them. They were a bit loud for business settings, but I think all the rumored colors are pretty tame in comparison. The beauty is we all get to choose what we like best, which to me would be copper in this case (now if they had a dark blue or something I would go with that instead).
I don't really care, as mine will always be covered with a case. As long as it doesn't have a white face, I'm good. As far as price of this upcoming anniversary model, I wouldn't pay over $800 for the base model. (Trying to stay on topic. LOL)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't really care, as mine will always be covered with a case. As long as it doesn't have a white face, I'm good. As far as price of this upcoming anniversary model, I wouldn't pay over $800 for the base model. (Trying to stay on topic. LOL)

I use a clear case so I can see the back.
Colors make a difference to many, just like the color of clothes, your car, or house. It's just personal preference.

I agree with your assessment on price.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use a clear case so I can see the back.
Colors make a difference to many, just like the color of clothes, your car, or house. It's just personal preference.

I agree with your assessment on price.

I didn't say colors were not important to anyone. Just stated it's not for me, although I wouldn't want pink. LOL

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I didn't say colors were not important to anyone. Just stated it's not for me, although I wouldn't want pink. LOL

I can't see myself with a pink phone either.
I don't particularly pick a phone based on color, when choosing between them. At the same time it would be hard for me to buy one, even at a great deal, if I didn't like the color. I'm kind of in the middle I guess.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Based on information from today starting price will be USD $1000 less a buck. In Canada that means the starting price will be $1400 CAD. That's utterly insane.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
That's still rumors. Apple hasn't said a word.
If I had $5 for every time I heard this rebuttal I'd be rich by now. Wait and see, but expect it to come in at this price point. If you need further proof, look at the price of the Note8. Apple will not be outdone by Samsung on pricing. Since the new Note8 is going for $1300 CAD, Apple's flagship will certainly come in higher than that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I had $5 for every time I heard this rebuttal I'd be rich by now. Wait and see, but expect it to come in at this price point. If you need further proof, look at the price of the Note8. Apple will not be outdone by Samsung on pricing. Since the new Note8 is going for $1300 CAD, Apple's flagship will certainly come in higher than that.

Could be. I'm more interested in what Apple will offer next year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I understand what you’re saying, but instead of making a blanket statement that a specific color is boring, say that it is “boring to me”. Know what I mean?....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73