You may be right on audio quality on AirPods but it’s the going mono on single piece in ear, syncing the pairing to all associated iCloud enabled devices, the automatically pausing when you take it out and so on.

It’s the small stuff on iOS and iPhone/Watch/TV that make me happy and keeps me staying with Apple.

Apple’s grass is green enough. I don’t need to look at the neighbors backyard.
    THis is a great point. I guess we sometimes forget that everything Apple makes integrates with each other seamlessly. I’m chalking up my disappointment to holding Apple to high standards. Samsung is really trying hard to imitate Apple’s formula, but their hardware doesn’t just work, it requires tweaking here and there. If you’re into that it’s great, but if you want things to just work well......
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-13-2017 04:08 PM
    I have to agree with @kjung7, integration with everything really helps.

Has anyone here, gadget lovers, tried the S8 and the facial recognition? What's your take on it...?
    07-14-2017 09:10 PM
    I see facial recognition as an additional authentication method, taking us a little further down the path toward Rene's dream world of ubiquitous authentication. I really like Touch ID in that I can decide whether or not to unlock my phone, or just look at notifications or widgets.

If they get rid of Touch ID I'd expect that Face ID authentication would be separated from the unlocking mechanism, with Apple adding some kind of on-screen "press to unlock" virtual button, or making the locked notifications/widgets screens the same as the pull-down notifications so we need to swipe up to go to the home screen (if authenticated) or to get to a password/PIN input screen.
    07-25-2017 11:00 AM
    If Touch ID is also included and Apple lets user choose between Touch ID, Face ID or a combination of both then I think it will be a nice feature. If they plan on not including Touch ID then I will likely just keep my iPhone 7 Plus. I highly doubt they will get rid of Touch ID though. If they were planning on it then why add it to the MacBook Pro? Having only Face ID would make in store Apple Pay purhases look ridiculous. “Hold on while I stare into my iPhone’s soul”. It would likely result in customers using Apple Pay less which would take away from, not add to Apple’s earnings.
    07-25-2017 07:49 PM
    I can see facial recognition in addition to but not in place of Touch ID because of Apple Pay.
    07-25-2017 10:50 PM
    I can see facial recognition in addition to but not in place of Touch ID because of Apple Pay.
    Why does Apple Pay need touch ID? Contactless credit cards do not need touch ID. This may be why they are much more widely used than Apple or Android Pay.
    07-26-2017 03:42 AM
    Apple Pay needs Touch ID because that security system was a key element in banks approving it. Without it, that approval could be in jeopardy.
    07-26-2017 04:13 PM
    Apple Pay needs Touch ID because that security system was a key element in banks approving it. Without it, that approval could be in jeopardy.
    Absolutely. I find the rumor pretty unrealistic. Apple isn’t going to release an iPhone that doesn’t include Apple Pay. If they do, I won’t be buying it.
    07-26-2017 06:26 PM
33 12