iPhone 8 3D Model (Metal) EverythingApplePro

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
So the resident Apple 'genius' has made another video about the upcoming rumoured iPhone 8. Cant believe this hasn't been posted yet :D Really awesome to see an actual metal model. Just hope this all comes true at the end of the year and we don't end up with i iPhone 7s with a similar design. I know its nothing official but it looks really awesome.

Do you guys like it?

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I watched this last night before bed and no, I'm not to hip on the design. This will be the fourth generation of the rounded body style with a terrible camera hump. Apple products used to take tech and make it look beautiful with chamfered edges and sleek curves. Now the hardware is kinda lazy and ugly. IMO

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Meh. Looks alright but too similar, and the matte black camera bump against the jet black finish makes it look plastic. The “leaks” we’ve seen with the glass backing look much sleeker and lend to the idea of having wireless charging.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I watched this last night before bed and no, I'm not to hip on the design. This will be the fourth generation of the rounded body style with a terrible camera hump. Apple products used to take tech and make it look beautiful with chamfered edges and sleek curves. Now the hardware is kinda lazy and ugly. IMO

I agree, and I also watched this last night. I was so hoping for a design change, and not a camera position change. Whats with Apple and this same design iPhone....I'm really tired of this (venting finished)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I was so hoping for a design change, and not a camera position change

Did we watch the same video? :)

The screen is all the way to the edges on each side. That's a pretty big design change, especially considering the whole 'Home button' is now gone. That has been there since the beginning. Its also makes the portability of the iPhone (especially the plus model) a lot easier to handle. To me thats a big plus. Maybe I'm in the minority but i think it looks really awesome. It is obviously just a mock up and not the real thing (which will definitely look better)

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Did we watch the same video? :)

The screen is all the way to the edges on each side. That's a pretty big design change, especially considering the whole 'Home button' is now gone. That has been there since the beginning. Its also makes the portability of the iPhone (especially the plus model) a lot easier to handle. To me thats a big plus. Maybe I'm in the minority but i think it looks really awesome. It is obviously just a mock up and not the real thing (which will definitely look better)

Physically this is the same shell with marginal size increase. Screen will be the focus feature of the iPhone but still not setting the trend. If this is the final design it's lazy. Like blackberry a decade ago, their popular bubble might pop as other OEM's create intuitive hardware design at an affordable cost.
d9b5570c688a1bbd1f53330f941d0eaa.jpg
9aaa21517269676619c60d248b05cf4e.jpg
6e217f5f4d3432c6e460f14ea7f7b6c2.jpg

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Agree. That camera hump looks cheap and plasticy.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Here’s the thing, everyone wants all screen, no bezel, and in the slimmest case possible. Apple is going that, now people will complain because that’s not a huge change from what Apple has been doing. Literally the only way Apple could go is to add maybe 0.2” of screen real estate by curving the edges. Really, what are you looking for?

Agree. That camera hump looks cheap and plasticy.

This metal model is not Apple’s model, per se. This is not an actual iPhone 8, this is the mockup for cases to be made from. Apple isn’t going to send an actual phone out pre release. I assure you, the real camera hump will be as fluid as ever.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Here’s the thing, everyone wants all screen, no bezel, and in the slimmest case possible. Apple is going that, now people will complain because that’s not a huge change from what Apple has been doing. Literally the only way Apple could go is to add maybe 0.2” of screen real estate by curving the edges. Really, what are you looking for?

This metal model is not Apple’s model, per se. This is not an actual iPhone 8, this is the mockup for cases to be made from. Apple isn’t going to send an actual phone out pre release. I assure you, the real camera hump will be as fluid as ever.

Around this time last year the case mockups for the 7/7+ where out being reviewed. EAP is really good at acquiring these and most all leaks are pointing to this design. This video was from June 2016 and the leaks were 95% on point. https://youtu.be/_PfFzXsXjnY

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Around this time last year the case mockups for the 7/7+ where out being reviewed. EAP is really good at acquiring these and most all leaks are pointing to this design. This video was from June 2016 and the leaks were 95% on point. https://youtu.be/_PfFzXsXjnY

I’m aware Apple sends out mockups or schematics for case manufacturers and mockups are made. I’m not saying this mockup isn’t an Apple one. I merely said it isn’t an actual iPhone. The actual iPhone will look cleaner. Also this year, very little has made it out of it Apple’s security watch.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
If Apple can produce this almost bezeless screen that even beats the Galaxy S8 AND has an embedded finger print sensor AND new camera features. I feel people will completely forget about the 'similar' external design. 😃

If the iPhone isn't that exciting, we can always look forward to that Space Gray iMac Pro.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't like anything about it.

If they release an iPhone 7s/7s+ I will more than likely buy that instead. I love my 6s, but my eyes are getting so bad that I need a larger phone. They just haven't done a good enough job with making things look right with a larger font setting in the 6s.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If Apple can produce this almost bezeless screen that even beats the Galaxy S8 AND has an embedded finger print sensor AND new camera features. I feel people will completely forget about the 'similar' external design.

If the iPhone isn't that exciting, we can always look forward to that Space Gray iMac Pro.

Doesn't Apple purchase their displays from Samsung, LG and others? So is it fair to think Apple will use a bezel-less display that outshines what's on the market today?

I will be disappointed if the same design is repurposed again. I'm not a fan of it now, but agree many people will be able to look beyond that.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't Apple purchase their displays from Samsung, LG and others? So is it fair to think Apple will use a bezel-less display that outshines what's on the market today?

Was kind of curious to that statement as well. How can the iP8 screen top what other mfg's are using when it is the other mfg's supplying the oled screens? It should definitely be an improvement over the past years led's & on par with the rest of 2017 models.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Apparently the embedded fingerprint sensor in the screen isn't happening and Apple is making use of a Iris scanner 3D Imager instead. (Correction added)

Would still be happy if the Apple Logo was a finger print sensor.

Regarding the purchasing of a screen from another OEM. Who knows what kinds of deals they have. As long as we get an awesome display, I don't mind where it comes from 😃

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the embedded fingerprint sensor in the screen isn't happening and Apple is making use of a "Iris scanner" instead.

Would still be happy if the Apple Logo was a finger print sensor.

Regarding the purchasing of a screen from another OEM. Who knows what kinds of deals they have. As long as we get an awesome display, I don't mind where it comes from

No, not an iris scanner, a 3D imager. It will scan your head and features and won’t be fooled by a picture because it’s doing a 3D scan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2