So the resident Apple 'genius' has made another video about the upcoming rumoured iPhone 8. Cant believe this hasn't been posted yet Really awesome to see an actual metal model. Just hope this all comes true at the end of the year and we don't end up with i iPhone 7s with a similar design. I know its nothing official but it looks really awesome.

Do you guys like it?

Spencerdl likes this.
    07-02-2017 03:51 AM
    I watched this last night before bed and no, I'm not to hip on the design. This will be the fourth generation of the rounded body style with a terrible camera hump. Apple products used to take tech and make it look beautiful with chamfered edges and sleek curves. Now the hardware is kinda lazy and ugly. IMO
    Last edited by arc3484; 07-02-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    Spencerdl and Smply_Rckless like this.
    07-02-2017 04:34 AM
    Meh. Looks alright but too similar, and the matte black camera bump against the jet black finish makes it look plastic. The “leaks” we’ve seen with the glass backing look much sleeker and lend to the idea of having wireless charging.
    07-02-2017 06:04 AM
    A stretched out 4s design would be sleek and classic.
    07-02-2017 06:30 AM
    I watched this last night before bed and no, I'm not to hip on the design. This will be the fourth generation of the rounded body style with a terrible camera hump. Apple products used to take tech and make it look beautiful with chamfered edges and sleek curves. Now the hardware is kinda lazy and ugly. IMO
    I agree, and I also watched this last night. I was so hoping for a design change, and not a camera position change. Whats with Apple and this same design iPhone....I'm really tired of this (venting finished)
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    07-02-2017 10:18 AM
    I was so hoping for a design change, and not a camera position change
    Did we watch the same video?

The screen is all the way to the edges on each side. That's a pretty big design change, especially considering the whole 'Home button' is now gone. That has been there since the beginning. Its also makes the portability of the iPhone (especially the plus model) a lot easier to handle. To me thats a big plus. Maybe I'm in the minority but i think it looks really awesome. It is obviously just a mock up and not the real thing (which will definitely look better)
    DianaAW likes this.
    07-02-2017 12:55 PM

The screen is all the way to the edges on each side. That's a pretty big design change, especially considering the whole 'Home button' is now gone. That has been there since the beginning. Its also makes the portability of the iPhone (especially the plus model) a lot easier to handle. To me thats a big plus. Maybe I'm in the minority but i think it looks really awesome. It is obviously just a mock up and not the real thing (which will definitely look better)
    Physically this is the same shell with marginal size increase. Screen will be the focus feature of the iPhone but still not setting the trend. If this is the final design it's lazy. Like blackberry a decade ago, their popular bubble might pop as other OEM's create intuitive hardware design at an affordable cost.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-02-2017 03:29 PM
    Agree. That camera hump looks cheap and plasticy.
    07-03-2017 10:19 AM
    Here’s the thing, everyone wants all screen, no bezel, and in the slimmest case possible. Apple is going that, now people will complain because that’s not a huge change from what Apple has been doing. Literally the only way Apple could go is to add maybe 0.2” of screen real estate by curving the edges. Really, what are you looking for?

Agree. That camera hump looks cheap and plasticy.
    This metal model is not Apple’s model, per se. This is not an actual iPhone 8, this is the mockup for cases to be made from. Apple isn’t going to send an actual phone out pre release. I assure you, the real camera hump will be as fluid as ever.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-03-2017 11:59 AM
    Here’s the thing, everyone wants all screen, no bezel, and in the slimmest case possible. Apple is going that, now people will complain because that’s not a huge change from what Apple has been doing. Literally the only way Apple could go is to add maybe 0.2” of screen real estate by curving the edges. Really, what are you looking for?

This metal model is not Apple’s model, per se. This is not an actual iPhone 8, this is the mockup for cases to be made from. Apple isn’t going to send an actual phone out pre release. I assure you, the real camera hump will be as fluid as ever.
    Around this time last year the case mockups for the 7/7+ where out being reviewed. EAP is really good at acquiring these and most all leaks are pointing to this design. This video was from June 2016 and the leaks were 95% on point.
    07-03-2017 12:32 PM
    Around this time last year the case mockups for the 7/7+ where out being reviewed. EAP is really good at acquiring these and most all leaks are pointing to this design. This video was from June 2016 and the leaks were 95% on point.
    I’m aware Apple sends out mockups or schematics for case manufacturers and mockups are made. I’m not saying this mockup isn’t an Apple one. I merely said it isn’t an actual iPhone. The actual iPhone will look cleaner. Also this year, very little has made it out of it Apple’s security watch.
    07-03-2017 01:53 PM
    If Apple can produce this almost bezeless screen that even beats the Galaxy S8 AND has an embedded finger print sensor AND new camera features. I feel people will completely forget about the 'similar' external design. 😃

If the iPhone isn't that exciting, we can always look forward to that Space Gray iMac Pro.
    07-03-2017 02:35 PM
    I don't like anything about it.

If they release an iPhone 7s/7s+ I will more than likely buy that instead. I love my 6s, but my eyes are getting so bad that I need a larger phone. They just haven't done a good enough job with making things look right with a larger font setting in the 6s.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    07-03-2017 10:21 PM
    I going buy the 7s instead of the 8, unless there is a new 4" SE model!
    07-04-2017 01:39 AM
    If Apple can produce this almost bezeless screen that even beats the Galaxy S8 AND has an embedded finger print sensor AND new camera features. I feel people will completely forget about the 'similar' external design.

If the iPhone isn't that exciting, we can always look forward to that Space Gray iMac Pro.
    Doesn't Apple purchase their displays from Samsung, LG and others? So is it fair to think Apple will use a bezel-less display that outshines what's on the market today?

I will be disappointed if the same design is repurposed again. I'm not a fan of it now, but agree many people will be able to look beyond that.
    07-04-2017 05:55 AM
    Doesn't Apple purchase their displays from Samsung, LG and others? So is it fair to think Apple will use a bezel-less display that outshines what's on the market today?
    Was kind of curious to that statement as well. How can the iP8 screen top what other mfg's are using when it is the other mfg's supplying the oled screens? It should definitely be an improvement over the past years led's & on par with the rest of 2017 models.
    07-05-2017 09:18 AM
    Apparently the embedded fingerprint sensor in the screen isn't happening and Apple is making use of a Iris scanner 3D Imager instead. (Correction added)

Would still be happy if the Apple Logo was a finger print sensor.

Regarding the purchasing of a screen from another OEM. Who knows what kinds of deals they have. As long as we get an awesome display, I don't mind where it comes from 😃
    Last edited by Matty; 07-06-2017 at 03:47 AM.
    07-05-2017 11:19 AM
    Apparently the embedded fingerprint sensor in the screen isn't happening and Apple is making use of a "Iris scanner" instead.

Regarding the purchasing of a screen from another OEM. Who knows what kinds of deals they have. As long as we get an awesome display, I don't mind where it comes from
    No, not an iris scanner, a 3D imager. It will scan your head and features and won’t be fooled by a picture because it’s doing a 3D scan.
    Matty likes this.
    07-05-2017 11:55 AM
    LOL, I think so.
    Matty likes this.
    07-06-2017 11:01 AM
    I seem to be in the minority, but I'm cautiously optimistic!
    07-06-2017 12:13 PM
    Apparently the embedded fingerprint sensor in the screen isn't happening and Apple is making use of a Iris scanner 3D Imager instead. (Correction added)

This is a bummer to me about the fingerprint sensor not being embedded in the screen but the 3D imager does sound cool though.
    07-06-2017 02:59 PM