Double the speed, quadruple the range, so while using less power. That’s right, quadruple the range. Imagine how much faster and more energy efficient the Apple Watch will be, and imagine the Airpods and how they also rely on Bluetooth. Simply add Bluetoooth 5 to the next iPhone, and suddenly the possibilities for accessories explode!

Who’s looking forward to Bluetooth 5?
    TripleOne likes this.
    06-27-2017 11:25 AM
    Wow mate, you’re on roll with new threads
    Yes, I’m very ready. Can’t wait for the added benefits of it.
    I’m sure it will be even more awesome when the next generation of the W1 chip is introduced in the next iPhone.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-27-2017 11:30 AM
    Wow mate, you’re on roll with new threads
    Yes, I’m very ready. Can’t wait for the added benefits of it.
    I’m sure it will be even more awesome when the next generation of the W1 chip is introduced in the next iPhone.
    Yeah I've been catching up with my technology podcasts, and when I have questions or neat thoughts about future tech, I thought I'd utilize the forums more to get more people's opinion.

I actually forgot that they could use the W1 chip in the iPhone to boost its internal Bluetooth. The W1 has power management benefits that make the AirPods last so long even when they have such small batteries, along with keeping connectivity strong. That cold have some great battery savings on iPhone, as well as make Bluetooth better and more reliable.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-28-2017 08:15 AM
    BT 5 is pretty fun. On my S8+ I like the fact I can get into my truck and my phone will stay connected to my headset/my truck. That way I don't have to shut off my headset every time I go to the truck in order to use the BT within it.
    Quis89 likes this.
    06-28-2017 08:21 AM
    BT 5 is pretty fun. On my S8+ I like the fact I can get into my truck and my phone will stay connected to my headset/my truck. That way I don't have to shut off my headset every time I go to the truck in order to use the BT within it.
    Oh yeah, Bluetooth 5 is so powerful it can push audio to two devices simultaneously. I wonder if Apple would use that for multi room audio for AirPlay 2
    06-28-2017 03:56 PM
    Please note that it is one or the other. you either get increased range or increased speed not both at the same time. There is a rather long explainer video done by android authority
    09-02-2017 09:51 AM
    All I care about is that it works as designed. As for “who’s ready for Bluetooth 5...?”, I’m just ready for the next iPhone and all that comes with it.
    09-02-2017 10:18 AM
    All I care about is that it works as designed. As for “who’s ready for Bluetooth 5...?”, I’m just ready for the next iPhone and all that comes with it.
    I know what you mean! With design and material changes, screen technology changes, home button and identification changes, USB changes (hopefully fast charging), camera changes, AND Bluetooth changes, this will be quite the anticipated release.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-02-2017 12:31 PM
    I’m ready and it’d be great if it’ll be included in the upcoming iPhone.
    09-02-2017 11:19 PM