Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Of course I, as well as many others on the forums, will be getting the next iPhone. But I’d like to play devil’s advocate and see who is thinking about skipping it this year and why. (I know it won’t be called iPhone 8, but for simplicity’s sake I’m going with that name for now)

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm planning on sticking with my 7 plus for now. I've heard that the 8 is going to be a little smaller than the plus and I don't want to go down in size. But than again I'm been saying that every year and end up upgrading anyway. But hopefully this year I'll skip.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who is NOT getting iPhone 8

I'm planning on sticking with my 7 plus for now. I've heard that the 8 is going to be a little smaller than the plus and I don't want to go down in size. But than again I'm getting said no every year and end up upgrading anyway. But hopefully this year I'll skip.

Those rumors point to a smaller frame. The iPhone 7 Plus has a 5.5” screen and a large frame. The rumors point to a frame between the sizes of the 7 and 7 Plus and being a little thicker, however it would have a 5.8” screen. Easier to hold with a bigger screen.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

As I posted in the thread about what it would take not to upgrade. I can upgrade multiple times a year on T-Mobile. So I’m probably getting it. I’ll have to see how it pans out though. If it’s $1,000+ like the rumors say, that may come with a $300-$400+ down payment. That would be the only setback for me.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site

I'm planning on sticking with my 7 plus for now. I've heard that the 8 is going to be a little smaller than the plus and I don't want to go down in size. But than again I'm getting said no every year and end up upgrading anyway. But hopefully this year I'll skip.

How is it downsize? The iPhone 8 will have slightly bigger screen than iPhone 7 Plus, it will be basically a plus model with reduced bezels.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I currently have a 7. If the 8 (or whatever it's called) isn't an option at the time, I may just grab a 256GB 7+.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I currently have a 7. If the 8 (or whatever it's called) isn't an option at the time, I may just grab a 256GB 7+.

The 7 Plus is pretty good, and apparently it’s selling better than any other Plus model they’ve had. I’m currently using it, and it’s really the best iPhone you can get at this time. The water resistance, the camera(s), the dual speakers, the bigger, brighter, and more colorful screen, make it an incredibly hard phone to beat. Though I’m sure they’ll give us something like ProMotion or something else they’ve branded and made themselves that will blow everything else out of the water in terms of competition. Then everyone will be rushing to get the next iPhone, including me.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I think the LCD screen itself might be a bit bigger, but with smaller sides, kind of like the 10.5 inch iPad Pro. So more screen and less bezel (the part of the front that isn’t LCD screen). Not sure how I feel about that though, since I’m always hitting side buttons when holding a Samsung because of their “infinity” display

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

The 7 Plus is pretty good, and apparently it’s selling better than any other Plus model they’ve had. I’m currently using it, and it’s really the best iPhone you can get at this time. The water resistance, the camera(s), the dual speakers, the bigger, brighter, and more colorful screen, make it an incredibly hard phone to beat. Though I’m sure they’ll give us something like ProMotion or something else they’ve branded and made themselves that will blow everything else out of the water in terms of competition. Then everyone will be rushing to get the next iPhone, including me.

That sounds about right. We'll be trying to get our preorders in like everyone else.... lol

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

I'm new to the iPhone game and got my 7 Plus in Feb but I can take advantage of the Verizon annual upgrade program if I choose to. For me I'm not normally a follower of any phone let alone another edition with some minor upgrades and tweaks but from what I understand so far the iPhone 8 is suppose to be the cream of the crop with all the bells and whistles. I won't say no but I'll definitely consider it so call me a maybe but not a total yes ;)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I'm not. I have decided to get the Note 8 instead. But I will be keeping my 7 Plus until next iPhone release.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

If it has something with a "wow" factor I'd consider, but if not I'm good with what I've got. Another GB of RAM, different chip wouldn't wow me

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site

I am not. Not enough changes to make me upgrade.

So can you explain what enough changes will make you buy?

But soory,given that new iPhone will have bezel less OLED display,wireless Charing and fingerprint embedded in the display,it will more than enough for me to upgrade.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Even when I say "I'm not going to upgrade this year" Jony Ive slips me a"Roofie" and I wake up with a headache, and the latest iPhone ... :straight-face:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

The software changes were fairly forgettable for iPhone, and new hardware will not change that.

Going to keep my 7+ for another year or two. I think two more years, since I'd like to be completely free or contract and whatnot for a while (at that point I can just start saving to buy cash and do that every 2-3 years).

I'm becoming desensitized to the tech upgrade cycle these days, especially considering the vast majority of companies (and Apple is no exception) are very prone to under-delivering. Most people can't be objective through the guise of hype, so I don't tend to read any reviews these days. I just find friends with the device and play with them myself...

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site

I'm keeping my 7 till it's paid off in late 2018, just in time for the 9, lol. Reason being is that I got a promo trade-in and am paying $4/month for my jet black 128GB 7, and it's doing everything I could ask for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711