Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I will be passing on the iPhone 8 and the X. My 7 is good enough for a few years. I’ll likely have the battery replaced before I upgrade.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
What exactly are you referring to?

He’s referring to the couple unique cases of iPhone 8 units that had battery issues. Every year there are a couple cases of battery issues; I still remember that iPhone 7 arriving already damaged by the battery. Turns out it was just a couple cases and not tons of them. But since Samsung had their Galaxy Note 7 that was total fire (seriously it was the bomb), they ruined it for the rest of the industry so that every time there’s a phone that has a problem that could be the battery, it is the start of Armageddon. A couple iPhone models had bloated batteries (BUT DIDN’T EXPLODE!) and now the internet says the iPhone is done for.

That’s what he’s talking about.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The battery on my ip8 is as good or better than my ip7 was. And both are far better then the galaxy s8 I own.

Well that’s good to hear, I know the A11 Bionic has four high efficiency cores which should help with using less battery, and also that the iPhone X lasts an hour longer than the iPhone 7. Sounds like this is true.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
What I’m referring to is battery problems are starting to pop up seemingly in a lot of places. I not saying it’s a bad thing on what’s happening but there seems to be some problems with the batteries.

I never had any problems with any of my iPhones. Maybe since these are new phones that they are having problems. I’m not sure. I’m sure that Apple will fix the problem like they always do.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
What I’m referring to is battery problems are starting to pop up seemingly in a lot of places. I not saying it’s a bad thing on what’s happening but there seems to be some problems with the batteries.

I never had any problems with any of my iPhones. Maybe since these are new phones that they are having problems. I’m not sure. I’m sure that Apple will fix the problem like they always do.

Yeah the media has been having fun with that story, but they sort of do that every hear, and Apple gets it worked out every year too. Pretty sure they’ll do the same this year too. Just fingers crossed for iPhone X!

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been hearing about this on the internet and CNET. My local news(Detroit) hasn’t said anything about it, unless I messed it.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I read there was two cases one in Taiwan and one in China in both cases the device just spit open ,one while charging and one was split open when new box was opened can not see anything to worry about only two supposed cases worldwide of the millions sold .

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I know. Wondering if they were using the fast charging when it broke.

Ah, you might have a point there. They’ve never had fast charging before, and from what I’ve seen from the reports the battery has swelled to the point of having the phone split in a safe way. It was designed to do that as a safety measure so that it doesn’t explode but swell and split. An expanding battery could be caused by fast charging, and now that they can charge up to 29 watts, I’d imagine that could cause a bit of swelling

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I had the 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro with the 29W brick and had no problems with it. I now have the 10.5” one but haven’t gotten the 29W charger yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro