Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It seems like you'll have to pay $1,099 for an iPhone X 128GB.

I'm seriously balking at the rumored price of this phone, but I don't really feel compelled to consider an upgrade that seriously, since I'm using a 7 Plus. Given how lackluster the upgrades from 6 Plus to 6s Plus, and then to 7 Plus has been... I'm likely to feel disappointed if I were to buy any of these newer models.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am going to be watching the press conference but I am not upgrading to the iphone 8. I am not on an upgrade plan so I bought my iphone 7 plus 128 GB out of pocket last year but thankfully only paid 600 with apple care since I traded in my old iphone 6. My 7+ still works fine and I really can't justify spending 800-1,000 dollars on another phone so soon. plus I am looking to get an Xbox One X which costs like 500 in November so I would rather get than instead of a phone. I will get next years iphone the iphone 9 or whatever it will be called.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Who is NOT getting iPhone 8

Those rumors point to a smaller frame. The iPhone 7 Plus has a 5.5” screen and a large frame. The rumors point to a frame between the sizes of the 7 and 7 Plus and being a little thicker, however it would have a 5.8” screen. Easier to hold with a bigger screen.

And harder to put in the pocket.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am going to go out on a limb here and say most of the people in this thread that are saying that ARE NOT upgrading to the iphone 8 will be hyped after the conference today and find themselves up at midnight or 3 AM EST when pre orders go live and drop 800-1,000 on the phone ha. I sorta envy those that are upgrading and I will be living through you all on these forums ha. Hopefully, the iphone 9 next year will be an even better upgrade.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Nah, price to high (if the rumours are true) and I’m happy with my 7, nothing will make me buy the 8, until my 7 breaks.

Plus, if it looks like the leaked images, it’s ugly, ew.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Nah, price to high (if the rumours are true) and I’m happy with my 7, nothing will make me buy the 8, until my 7 breaks.

Plus, if it looks like the leaked images, it’s ugly, ew.

Agree with first part. The prices have gotten to a point where keeping a phone for 30-36 months seems so largely reasonable, because the price of the devices have become unreasonable.

I won't regret this at all. I watch the events ma I my to check when the iOS/macOS updates will be released. Last year I completely skipped watching the event an d still upgraded, and the upgrade from the 6s plus to 7 Plus wasn't even really noticeable - so it's really just "get something nee" and not hype that pushes me to upgrade.

But even people who routinely throw money away meet their limits, Lol. I have met mine.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Agree with first part. The prices have gotten to a point where keeping a phone for 30-36 months seems so largely reasonable, because the price of the devices have become unreasonable.

I won't regret this at all. I watch the events ma I my to check when the iOS/macOS updates will be released. Last year I completely skipped watching the event an d still upgraded, and the upgrade from the 6s plus to 7 Plus wasn't even really noticeable - so it's really just "get something nee" and not hype that pushes me to upgrade.

But even people who routinely throw money away meet their limits, Lol. I have met mine.

I upgraded from a 6 to 7 and skipped the 6s, I think that’s most likely what I’ll be doing this time. Waiting to see what they come up with in sept 2018. I’ll still watch the keynote later tonight though.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm planning on sticking with my 7 plus for now. I've heard that the 8 is going to be a little smaller than the plus and I don't want to go down in size. But than again I'm been saying that every year and end up upgrading anyway. But hopefully this year I'll skip.

Just bought the 10.5" iPad Pro with 256gb space gray today. Now for sure I don't have the money at all for the new iPhones. Unless someone buys my 7 plus for $650. I still owe AT&T $614 on it with AT&T Next. That's how I bought the iPad. Another $54 added to my wireless bill.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was going to stick with my iPhone 7, but my wife has her own personal "bend-gate" with my old iPhone 6 and the glass is bending out of the bezel. So not sure how much longer that will last. I have been wanting the iPhone X, but the price, added apple care cost, the notch and the facial made me change my mind. Being I wanted a better camera (for obvious reasons) and a bigger screen the 8+ was the logical choice. I could get it at pre-order, under 1K, and still have my Touch ID. Win-Win (except for the fact that I am still out about $1050 after tax of course)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I almost pulled the trigger on the 8 as I can’t be bothered waiting for the X. I changed my mind, and since decided to just wait it out :p

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I upgrade every year, this year i am getting the iPhone 8. The iPhone x doesn’t seem worth the money at all, second generation of the iPhone 10 next year I will be getting it

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You're better than me, I couldn't hold out and somehow ended up with a note 8 I need your patience

Are you no longer using your iPhone!? :O
Well I sort of have a plan, if I can’t preorder it with a next week estimated delivery date, I’ll just buy the X sometime in December 2017 - March 2018.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Are you no longer using your iPhone!? :O
Well I sort of have a plan, if I can’t preorder it with a next week estimated delivery date, I’ll just buy the X sometime in December 2017 - March 2018.

I'm still using it but I should have my note 8 tomorrow or Thursday. I do plan on getting the x or the one after the x, kind of want an ios break. But I still have my iPad/mbp lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner