Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Oh cool!
Thank you

Last I checked about that roll out in 2020, America was not going to get 5G first. It was two smaller countries in Europe that they were planning to roll out, then it would make its way out in the coming time. And yeah every US carrier said they were testing it for years now, but who rolls it out first remains a mystery.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about giving the Note 8 a go. I am generally an iPhone user but I've flirted with android in the past. I tired the note 7 last year and really loved it until the recall. As such, I can take advantage of the discount as a former note 7 owner and I have a paid off 6s I can trade to get the nose out of the deal.
I would think if I hate the Note I can sell it and at least get my money back and get either another iPhone 7 or by then maybe a 7s. I'm sure the iPhone 8 will be nice but if it's $1000 they can keep it.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking about giving the Note 8 a go. I am generally an iPhone user but I've flirted with android in the past. I tired the note 7 last year and really loved it until the recall. As such, I can take advantage of the discount as a former note 7 owner and I have a paid off 6s I can trade to get the nose out of the deal.
I would think if I hate the Note I can sell it and at least get my money back and get either another iPhone 7 or by then maybe a 7s. I'm sure the iPhone 8 will be nice but if it's $1000 they can keep it.

Full price of Note 8 is $960. I think the highest tier iPhone will be about that much, which is reasonable for their high end model, and Samsung has showed that by it's high pricing of the Note 8. So you could most likely sell your Note 8 and trade in your 6s for the highest iPhone, especially if you get the Note 8 at the discount and then turn around and sell it closer to full price.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I loved the Note 7 as well, but after demoing the Note 8, I don’t see myself going that route again. I am pretty well invested in the ecosystem now. 7, 7+, iPad Pro, Pencil, Watch, MacBook Air.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
As it stands it seem the only way to unlock the 8 is with facial rec. that doesn't sit well with me so I'll skip that one. If a solid 7s plus doesn't come out, I'll get the 7 plus.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
As it stands it seem the only way to unlock the 8 is with facial rec. that doesn't sit well with me so I'll skip that one. If a solid 7s plus doesn't come out, I'll get the 7 plus.

I have high expectations for Face ID, and I really hope it’ll work out smoothly. I’m definitely going to miss Touch ID.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The new 7s Plus (or 8 Plus) will still have the Touch ID fingerprint.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I said no but probably will now as found out my contract pay out is $612 so can sell my 7 128Gb to cover that, but will cost me probably another $20 a month or so but with more data, still cheaper than buying outright though.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
considering the latest rumours, I'm not planning to buy the iPhone X (far too expensive for me) and I'm going to buy the 8, or maybe the 8 Plus, coming from an iPhone 7. I don't hate bezels and I'm in love with the new home button.

ReggieTee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a 6S Plus. It's the only phone i've ever had for two years. It all comes down to pricing. I wouldn't mind setting for the 7S Plus if the X is too expensive. I'll be selling my 6S Plus to cover some of the cost. Heck, I may keep it as a backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal