Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I remember saying I was not going to get the iPhone 7 because the 6s plus was just as good, but here I am typing, this on an iPhone 7.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I remember saying I was not going to get the iPhone 7 because the 6s plus was just as good, but here I am typing, this on an iPhone 7.

The Apple effect - a psychological effect that encourages people to purchase Apple products without proper reason and very little persuasion.

The Apple effect is plaguing many across the U.S. Victims of the Apple effect have stated that they did not have intentions of purchasing new Apple products when they left their homes that day. The Apple effect is said to affect people when they read articles of the products or when they are in close proximity of the products or display units. There have been reports of memory loss and realizing that they now are an owner of a new Apple product.

Victim: I was just going to the store for a lightbulb, and I came back with an iPhone! WHY APPLE WHY!

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
The Apple effect - a psychological effect that encourages people to purchase Apple products without proper reason and very little persuasion.

The Apple effect is plaguing many across the U.S. Victims of the Apple effect have stated that they did not have intentions of purchasing new Apple products when they left their homes that day. The Apple effect is said to affect people when they read articles of the products or when they are in close proximity of the products or display units. There have been reports of memory loss and realizing that they now are an owner of a new Apple product.

Victim: I was just going to the store for a lightbulb, and I came back with an iPhone! WHY APPLE WHY!

Omg!!! This is so true

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It depends on what it brings to the table and what it looks like in person. If it checks all my boxes then you bet (regardless of price) if to then I am can easily wait for another phone. the new note and pixel also come out around that time. The one that best fits my needs will be the one I will get.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm due an upgrade around the time the iPhone 8 come out, I think I'll wait and see what is like before I make a decision

I'm on the Apple Upgrade Program, but with all the rumors I just don't know. Even though I can upgrade in September, this is the first year that I'm thinking, I should wait and see if this is one I would even be interested in.

Like WHAT?

The moment they release a new Apple TV I'm buying it, and the moment they release a new Watch I'm buying it, just like I was with this year's 2017 12.9 iPad Pro. But now for probably their biggest product in their history, I'm hesitant?

That's why I hate rumors.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the Apple Upgrade Program, but with all the rumors I just don't know. Even though I can upgrade in September, this is the first year that I'm thinking, I should wait and see if this is one I would even be interested in.

Like WHAT?

The moment they release a new Apple TV I'm buying it, and the moment they release a new Watch I'm buying it, just like I was with this year's 2017 12.9 iPad Pro. But now for probably their biggest product in their history, I'm hesitant?

That's why I hate rumors.

It’s easy to be hesitant about something you don’t know anything concrete about. I know this for sure though: it’s going to be rectangle, it’s going to have a display of some sort, it’s going to run iOS 11, and it’s going to be at least incrementally better than my iPhone 7 Plus. I’m sold!

We both know you’re going to get an iPhone 7s/8/Pro/Edition/Jello, whether on release day or shortly after. Stop kidding yourself!

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It’s easy to be hesitant about something you don’t know anything concrete about. I know this for sure though: it’s going to be rectangle, it’s going to have a display of some sort, it’s going to run iOS 11, and it’s going to be at least incrementally better than my iPhone 7 Plus. I’m sold!

We both know you’re going to get an iPhone 7s/8/Pro/Edition/Jello, whether on release day or shortly after. Stop kidding yourself!

New rumor: Top forum insider member says iPhone 8 will be rectangle.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Now watch Apple blow all of our minds and release a triangular iPhone.

I'm still waiting for the iPhone 6 Plus to be called iPhone Math, a projector in the iPhone 5s, an iPad Air 3 with a 4K screen, and a smart connector on the back of my iPhone 7. That's why I hate rumors, because all those things made headlines. Turns out none of those things shipped. Even the rumored blue phone that they thought was the iPhone 7 wasn't true. The only phone that was blue last year was the Google Pixel, so something tells me that some other phones in the rumors are mixed in with the iPhone just to get headlines. New Note, new Pixel, new Essential Phone, and a new iPhone. There's a good chance one of those rumors in the supply chain from any one of these phones would get iPhone slapped in the headlines so they can get the most clicks out of it.

Breaking News: Secret iMore Moderator Claims Triangular iPhone Jello with delays

Apple Stock Plummets

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'll wait for the dust to settle before I decide if I'm getting it or not. I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 7.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Will stick with my 2 month old iPhone 7, just got a new 10.5 iPad. If I do it would be after a few months when people start upgrading contracts and start selling off on gumtree.
Have bought some good deals this year.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Not even considering it. 7 plus is still working great for me, and with 5G starting to roll out next year, I think I will just save some money, and wait for that support from Apple.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen