Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

johnhimm

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Of course I, as well as many others on the forums, will be getting the next iPhone. But I’d like to play devil’s advocate and see who is thinking about skipping it this year and why. (I know it won’t be called iPhone 8, but for simplicity’s sake I’m going with that name for now)

unashamedgeek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll be getting it as long as the fingerprint reader is on the screen. My phone spends too much time in a dock on my desk or in my car for me to not have that. If the reader is on the back, I'll get one of the other models and hope for the next year.

jlh7177

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
Re: Who is NOT getting iPhone 8

No, I'm not getting the IPhone 8 for 2 reasons 1) No Headphone Jacks 2) Price is too high (I'm not paying 1,000 for an IPhone that is too expensive)

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the 6s and have got myself in a the routine of upgrading every 2 years, not cause I need too but as you can guess being on here I'm interested in new technology! All the time I have my luxury money and have saved up for it I will upgrade, plus all my old phones slowly filter down to other family members so have them on my case 😉😉😉😂

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I want/expect: OLED, reduced bezels, wireless charging, front Touch ID (embedded or not), and better water resistance. I won't buy unless the new phone has most if not all of those features.

tlds

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Re: Who is NOT getting iPhone 8

I'm sure that I'll buy one. I bought a 6 plus, 6s Plus and 7 plus. I'd be kidding myself if I said I wasn't getting one. And yes, it will be the most expensive one they make!

flappah

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I already held out for the iPhone7 and stuck to my 6plus. I initially was planning on upgrading this year. Actually, the only reason why I don't will be when Apple overprices the 8. Any starting price over the 1000 euro will be overpricing in my book.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Well, I already held out for the iPhone7 and stuck to my 6plus. I initially was planning on upgrading this year. Actually, the only reason why I don't will be when Apple overprices the 8. Any starting price over the 1000 euro will be overpricing in my book.

Well than let's hope it's under $1000, because that sounds ridiculous to charge more for it just because you can't make enough of them at launch. Sure I would understand if there were $1000 worth of technology in it, but the reports are that they'll charge that for no reason besides trying to deter people from buying it since they can't make enough. That sounds insane and pretty fake to me, yet people are running with this story and sticking to it. I don't see how deterring people from your greatest product will make them more money. Something just seems wrong with this thinking and I'm not buying it (no pun intended).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well than let's hope it's under $1000, because that sounds ridiculous to charge more for it just because you can't make enough of them at launch. Sure I would understand if there were $1000 worth of technology in it, but the reports are that they'll charge that for no reason besides trying to deter people from buying it since they can't make enough. That sounds insane and pretty fake to me, yet people are running with this story and sticking to it. I don't see how deterring people from your greatest product will make them more money. Something just seems wrong with this thinking and I'm not buying it (no pun intended).

I'm not saying I believe or don't believe the rumors but pricing something in limited quantities at a higher price is simple economics. Supply and demand. That's far from a new concept.

Again, I don't think prices will be as high as some of the rumors have indicated, but depending on the number of this "level" of phones Apple expects to make, it is possible.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I'll get any choice. By 12:01 am PDT they will be on backorder; I will not have even gotten into the que yet; and when I do I'll learn that folks on the Apple upgrade plan won't be getting theirs until February 2018...

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I won't be buying the 8 at least not this year. I will however upgrade to the 7s Plus. The reasons for waiting are price and technology. I will wait for the price to come down in the next cycle and by which time the technology will be more stable. I'm gonna sit back and let the early adopters work out all the bugs in the new tech of the iPhone 8.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I won't be buying the 8 at least not this year. I will however upgrade to the 7s Plus. The reasons for waiting are price and technology. I will wait for the price to come down in the next cycle and by which time the technology will be more stable. I'm gonna sit back and let the early adopters work out all the bugs in the new tech of the iPhone 8.

I like your strategy. I feel the same way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The "iPhone 8" is a limited anniversary edition. There's no guarantee it will continue as a permanent iPhone in Apple's iPhone line up next year. They haven't made that clear.