Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The 7 Plus is my current poison of choice. With over 2500 photos and videos in my library, nearly 9 gigs of downloaded music, 8 gigs of podcasts, and almost 150 third party apps, I still have tons of space on my 128 GB model. So that should suit you well for an iPhone. I'm having trouble though selling my previous 12.9 iPad Pro. What do you use to sell your devices?

That's what I grabbed. The 256GB models are sold out and I didn't want to settle for a little screen any longer... lol. It depends, I'll trade in a device sometimes (in this case my Galaxy S7 edge) when upgrading. Other times I'll sell on eBay, or sell to macofalltrades or Gazelle. Every now and then I direct sell if someone I know happens to be looking for the device I'm selling. I was close to buying the 12.9 iPad Pro myself, but instead I opted for the 9.7.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I am not planning on getting the 8. My 7 plus fills all my needs and I don't think there will be any new features that are worth spending the money on for me. The return on investment keeps getting smaller every year. And with Apple sending the newest iOS updates to what I already have I'm sure i will still have most of the new features. I'm more interested in the note 8.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The 7 Plus is my current poison of choice. With over 2500 photos and videos in my library, nearly 9 gigs of downloaded music, 8 gigs of podcasts, and almost 150 third party apps, I still have tons of space on my 128 GB model. So that should suit you well for an iPhone. I'm having trouble though selling my previous 12.9 iPad Pro. What do you use to sell your devices?

I wish I only had 2500 photos

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am not planning on getting the 8. My 7 plus fills all my needs and I don't think there will be any new features that are worth spending the money on for me. The return on investment keeps getting smaller every year. And with Apple sending the newest iOS updates to what I already have I'm sure i will still have most of the new features. I'm more interested in the note 8.

What's the rumors on the Note 8? I haven't kept up on it since there's been more fanfare with the next iPhone. A lot of the rumored features for the next iPhone is just stuff that Samsung has already tried, so I'm getting bored with iPhone 8 predictions and rumors already. Are the Note 8 rumors different from the next iPhone?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Of course I, as well as many others on the forums, will be getting the next iPhone. But I’d like to play devil’s advocate and see who is thinking about skipping it this year and why. (I know it won’t be called iPhone 8, but for simplicity’s sake I’m going with that name for now)

My original plan was to get it but I was forced to use my upgrade about 2 weeks ago... my 7 plus will last me for a while.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Oh, I think they still have the regular 30 month payment plan, then the 24 and 12 month upgrades with trade in. I think if you pay up a certain amount, you can upgrade early. Just in case the next gen. iPhone is what you're looking for

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Price and the continued dropping of rumored "features" would keep me away. Still going to hold out for an updated SE.

If they drop Touch ID and only go facial recognition, then I'm probably going with the 7s. For me, facial recognition is just a gimmick, not to make things easier but just to make people think they're "hip." No Touch ID would be detrimental, and I hope Apple realizes that and tries to do something about it. Of course, we don't know how Apple will implement it, so I'll just have to wait and see.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
At this point I would say it is unlikely that I'll get the 8. My 7 Plus is a very solid phone and will certainly be good a year from now. I'll let Apple mess round and figure out what they are doing and then see what happens next year. In the meantime I have my 7 Plus and my S8 Plus and I'm good with either of those.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Now that I caved and picked up a 7 plus, I can say that I WON'T be getting the iPhone 8...................... when it first arrives, that is.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2