Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Who is NOT getting iPhone 8

I've had my 128 GB iPhone 6 since May 2015 and I'm going to stick with for as long as humanly possible. Besides, I don't think it will be out of date for awhile AND the estimated price tag is too hefty.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It's becoming increasingly difficult to wait for the next iPhone, as close as it is. Especially when T-Mobile is currently running a deal where you can buy the 256GB for the same price as the 128GB. (And they still have the Red one!)

Must....not......click.......buy..........

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It's becoming increasingly difficult to wait for the next iPhone, as close as it is. Especially when T-Mobile is currently running a deal where you can buy the 256GB for the same price as the 128GB. (And they still have the Red one!)

Must....not......click.......buy..........

That might play out like:

Yes! I got a 256GB iPhone!

And then the next iPhone has 512GB...

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

So can you explain what enough changes will make you buy?

But soory,given that new iPhone will have bezel less OLED display,wireless Charing and fingerprint embedded in the display,it will more than enough for me to upgrade.

How do you know that?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
That's what's eating at me.......lol. If a 512GB iPhone ever happens, I'm on it immediately.

Apple likes to pioneer certain features or upgrades on one device, and eventually move them to other devices. Think about the 9.7 iPad Pro last year, the first iOS device with 256GB. Then, later that year, the iPhone adopted 256GB of storage for the first time. Fast forward to this year, and all new iPad Pro models have up to 512GB for the first time. Hopefully Apple follows that trend for this year too.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple likes to pioneer certain features or upgrades on one device, and eventually move them to other devices. Think about the 9.7 iPad Pro last year, the first iOS device with 256GB. Then, later that year, the iPhone adopted 256GB of storage for the first time. Fast forward to this year, and all new iPad Pro models have up to 512GB for the first time. Hopefully Apple follows that trend for this year too.

That’s what I’m hoping for. Especially since I plan to do more mobile photography and video.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Which new rumored features of the iPhone Edition would make you want to pay more for, rather than the iPhone 7s Plus?

Hopefully it will have some upgrades that we have already seen in other devices, like Pro Motion, a bigger battery, a 10 nanometer A11 Fusion processor that is faster than the A10X Fusion and have a beefy graphics processor like the 2017 iPad Pro, and Bluetooth 5. All the other pie-in-the-sky things that are going around would be nice, but just bringing technology that already exists on other Apple devices (minus Bluetooth 5) would be all I need to upgrade.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
If by 8 you mean the special model then propably not. I bet its gonna be stupidly expensive.

The new iPad Pro models bring some nice things to the table without being that much more expensive in overall iPad history. But yeah if it's expensive, I bet people wouldn't buy it outright as much and instead subsidize it through their carrier.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
How do you know?

There's no real systemfile in ios11, I can tap my status bar and have it screenshot for me, my volume down button can load apps/whatever I want it to do. I have literal control over my device. I have tweaks that let me set default apps, I have tweaks that display the actual battery %, tweaks that let me be more productive while giving me customization. Ios 11/iPhone 8 will not have that.  will not allow any of that anytime soon.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
There's no real systemfile in ios11, I can tap my status bar and have it screenshot for me, my volume down button can load apps/whatever I want it to do. I have literal control over my device. I have tweaks that let me set default apps, I have tweaks that display the actual battery %, tweaks that let me be more productive while giving me customization. Ios 11/iPhone 8 will not have that.  will not allow any of that anytime soon.

Keep in mind that iOS 11 vs. Jailbraking is all software based. So whichever one you run on your iPhone, they will both present great features. But the iPhone 8 is brand new hardware. Wouldn't you want to utilize an A11 to its full potential and see what it really can do? I'm not saying you should jailbreak and overclock a processor, but if I were to do so, I would want to do it with a smaller, stronger, and more efficient processor that generates less heat. The A11 is said to be only 10 nanometers, not 16 like in the 7 Plus. So imagine what you could do with what will most likely be the fastest mobile processor in the world. And that's just the processor!

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Keep in mind that iOS 11 vs. Jailbraking is all software based. So whichever one you run on your iPhone, they will both present great features. But the iPhone 8 is brand new hardware. Wouldn't you want to utilize an A11 to its full potential and see what it really can do? I'm not saying you should jailbreak and overclock a processor, but if I were to do so, I would want to do it with a smaller, stronger, and more efficient processor that generates less heat. The A11 is said to be only 10 nanometers, not 16 like in the 7 Plus. So imagine what you could do with what will most likely be the fastest mobile processor in the world. And that's just the processor!

Nah, just not justifiable, then I'll have to pay cat n mouse again and I just don't feel like it. Plus no more payments.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I caved....lol. Oh well. If the 512 does some out this year I'll just sell my new 7 Plus on eBay and buy it.... :rotfl:

The 7 Plus is my current poison of choice. With over 2500 photos and videos in my library, nearly 9 gigs of downloaded music, 8 gigs of podcasts, and almost 150 third party apps, I still have tons of space on my 128 GB model. So that should suit you well for an iPhone. I'm having trouble though selling my previous 12.9 iPad Pro. What do you use to sell your devices?