Who is NOT getting an iPhone 8?

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Not if it's bezel-less I won't be. Hate the look and function. Need some space to rest my fingers that won't be activating the screen accidentally. (Yes, I'm looking at you Galaxy S8+.)

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't think I'll get any choice. By 12:01 am PDT they will be on backorder; I will not have even gotten into the que yet; and when I do I'll learn that folks on the Apple upgrade plan won't be getting theirs until February 2018...

That is so true! My dumb Midwest internet speeds are nothing compared to the rest of the states, so it'll be just like trying to get a 7 Plus at launch. Keep refreshing and when I finally get in, the shipping dates are already in late October early November times. I stayed up waiting in the middle of the night for nothing, but who am I kidding. I'm going to do the exact same thing this year hoping for different results.

Wait, doing the same thing and hoping for different results each time, isn't that the definition of insanity?

Thamsanqa Mvayo

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
Re: Who is NOT getting iPhone 8

I think I'll be going for the 7s, I wouldn't want to go for the first amoled screen they put out but I don't want something as large as my 6s Plus anymore, I use iPad for large screen needs.

big45-70

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
If they bring back the headphone jack I'd replace my 6s Plus. Right now I have no plans to wireless with my ears and podcast and music include about 1/3 of my phone use. If they never bring it back which probably will be the case I'll keep my phone until it dies then figure out what to get next at that time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the ease of use my SE offers far too much to buy one of the newer phones. On top of that the new features it will have don't entice me right now. I think I finally am content for once with my current phone.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Oh is the 8+ not being released alongside the regular 8? :crying:

If the 8 will have the screen size of a Plus size iPhone but the body of a regular size, I don't see where a Plus size iPhone comes into play, at least for the special higher end phone this year. And I haven't seen a thing about an 8 Plus. Rumors are three handsets: 7s, 7s Plus, and 8. Haven't seen a thing saying there will be four phones yet

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I like the ease of use my SE offers far too much to buy one of the newer phones. On top of that the new features it will have don't entice me right now. I think I finally am content for once with my current phone.

The power of the SE is usually overlooked and greatly underestimated. I think the SE is still faster than Qualcomm's fastest chip in real world performance and can handle RAM and hold more apps open better than any other Android handset, something that most people forget. With Apple devices able to get the latest software updates for years, you are covered for quite awhile with an awesome phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh is the 8+ not being released alongside the regular 8? :crying:

We don't know for sure how Apple will do iPhone naming yet. The iPhone 8 you hear about, is the anniversary edition. There will also be the 2 other models I think will be the 7s and 7s Plus. If so, then you want the 7s Plus. The 8 Plus would be next year. We'll soon find out.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The rumors were not started by Apple. I've seen iPhone 8, iPhone Edition, and iPhone X as possible names for the anniversary model. So if there's a 7s and 7s Plus this year, what would be next year?

Your post said “The 8 Plus won’t be out until next year” as if you were sure of it, then you just stated yourself that you’ve seen iPhone 8 as a possible name for the anniversary model. I have just as much of a clue as you do as to what next year’s iPhone will be called.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Your post said “The 8 Plus won’t be out until next year” as if you were sure of it, then you just stated yourself that you’ve seen iPhone 8 as a possible name for the anniversary model. I have just as much of a clue as you do as to what next year’s iPhone will be called.

I guess we'll see soon enough. But whoever started the "iPhone 8" name rumor should be tarred and feathered.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
We don't know for sure how Apple will do iPhone naming yet. The iPhone 8 you hear about, is the anniversary edition. There will also be the 2 other models I think will be the 7s and 7s Plus. If so, then you want the 7s Plus. The 8 Plus would be next year. We'll soon find out.

Next year the 8 would be called 8S.

I haven’t heard or read anything about two sizes for the anniversary version.
I did however read a few times there will be the 7S and 7S Plus.

Do you have any clue what it will be called this year then?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Next year the 8 would be called 8S.

I haven’t heard or read anything about two sizes for the anniversary version.
I did however read a few times there will be the 7S and 7S Plus.

Do you have any clue what it will be called this year then?

I didn't say 2 sizes of the anniversary edition. Just the 7s and 7s Plus along with the anniversary edition, whatever they call it. If it's a limited edition anniversary model, then I'm not sure there will be one next year. Just the 8 and 8 Plus.

blueminda

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I waited to much to upgrade and my iPhone 5 died, I was forced to buy an iPhone SE. If in the next months is the same version 7 I will not get it, and wait for next year for a new model.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner