• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    Price, size(too big) utility(no headphone jack).
    libra89 likes this.
    06-12-2017 08:23 AM
    I'm personally tired of paying a lot of money for minor upgrades. I think I'm finally getting to a stage in my "Tech Life" where having the latest, greatest isn't so appealing to me anymore as well as realizing I'm paying a lot of money going from one new device to another with only minor upgrades. Apple is a master at making you/me think that the upgrades are a "must have" new addition to the iPhone. The design of the iPhone hasn't really changed in awhile, I'm not sure if we will ever get back to design changes of the past, but I like the idea of looking and seeing design changes.
    With that being said, I'm going to take a long look at the iPhone Anniversary Edition (if theres such a thing), and make a sound decision on whether to upgrade or not.
    Wotchered, libra89, taz323 and 2 others like this.
    06-12-2017 09:01 AM
    I'm personally tired of paying a lot of money for minor upgrades. I think I'm finally getting to a stage in my "Tech Life" where having the latest, greatest isn't so appealing to me anymore as well as realizing I'm paying a lot of money going from one new device to another with only minor upgrades. Apple is a master at making you/me think that the upgrades are a "must have" new addition to the iPhone. The design of the iPhone hasn't really changed in awhile, I'm not sure if we will ever get back to design changes of the past, but I like the idea of looking and seeing design changes.
    With that being said, I'm going to take a long look at the iPhone Anniversary Edition (if theres such a thing), and make a sound decision on whether to upgrade or not.
    It's a love/hate relationship. I usually wait a few months after launch to decide if I'm going to pull that trigger. Because your right it is a lot of money lol
    Spencerdl and robertk328 like this.
    06-12-2017 09:36 AM
    I agree with you about this. In some cases, it's necessary but in others, not so much.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-12-2017 09:43 AM
    I probably won't upgrade to an 8 unless there is some killer new feature that I can't live without. If it is just a styling change, and minor improvement, I will pass.

Now if there was an update to the SE (same dimensions, great battery life, but with water resistance and 3D touch, maybe bigger screen size), I would jump on that.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-12-2017 09:48 AM
    At the current price I can only afford to upgrade every 2 years. I usually buy the model before the most current release because it often goes down in price a little after the release of the next model and it usually is able to use the current iOS as well as any updates or upgrades over the next 2 years. This means I'm always one model behind but it usually means any bugs in the model I do buy have already been ironed out and any new issues with the latest release will not effect me. It's been a good policy so far and i look forward to up grading my 5s to a 7 plus soon.
    libra89 and kam2958 like this.
    06-13-2017 09:18 PM
    I bought my 7+ in late January. It's my first iPhone. I'm very happy with it. I won't be upgrading for awhile.
    06-13-2017 11:12 PM
    Price, not paying over $1000. Size, I don't want anything bigger than the 7. Looks, if they put the fingerprint scanner on the back. All three are definite deal breakers. I'm also not a fan of the no bezel screen. I prefer to use a case. So not only will a case inhibit the screen, but what is going to protect the glass back? Sorry, but nothing I've seen or heard about the 8 impresses me thus far. Everything about these changes are impractical. Why not make the apple logo the fingerprint sensor if it has to go on the back? Why not just leave it where it is? It's iconic apple, why change it? To me, the renditions look like a cheap Android phone. I will keep my 7.
    My sentiments are pretty much the same...except the size part. I'm more excited for iOS 11 than the phone. I'll watch the keynote and decide then as I always do but I'm just not impressed by any of the leaks.
    Last edited by firstborn80; 06-14-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Just_Me_D, CyreneK and picnicmetoo like this.
    06-14-2017 07:09 PM
    The price would be my reason. My 6 is getting a little bit tired now and my contract is up in August so I'm definitely interested in upgrading whether it be the 8 or the 7S Plus.
    06-18-2017 12:25 PM
    If it had the same specs as the iPhone 7s
    06-19-2017 02:55 AM
    Well the plus also has a much larger screen in pretty much the same size as your plus. That is what is the big deal.. More screen in a smaller footprint.
    06-19-2017 12:55 PM
    So with all the hype around the iPhone 8, what would it take for you to not upgrade to it? Price, size, looks?
    to be honest i dont think that apple is going to innovate very much. it will have maybe more screen area like the galaxy 8, something else bettered. i mean, there are just minor improvements and not some disruptive.
    so no, i think that i wont upgrade to iPhone 8
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 01:04 PM
    Not sure to be honest. I just hope it's pretty sweet. I am Android guy (as people who know me will tell you) but I don't despise Apple. I used a 6 plus for a few months and the same could happen if the 8 is sweet . I miss iMessage.. it's pretty sweet. I also love the portrait mode on the 7 plus (lots of friends have it).
    06-19-2017 02:47 PM
    I have iPhone 6S with 128 GB. I have 309 apps on the iPhone. Only apps which are useful in one way or another. On iPhone 6S they will continue to be useful for a long time. I live in Europe. So I will keep my iPhone 6S at least until a new iPhone can work with the European GPS system, Galileo. So my iPhone 6S will be my iPhone for another 3-5 years. I do not need any of the newer hardware gimmics.
    06-19-2017 03:38 PM
    I have a 6S plus which I'm happy with because I like the larger size. If the iPhone 8 (or whatever they call it) is noticeably smaller in screen real estate it's got to be awesome somehow else. No improvement in battery, camera or screen quality over the 7+ and nah. I'll hang on for another year. I didn't get the 7+ because of the headphone jack so if this continues then Apple had better keep including an adaptor as I have expensive 3.5 mm jack earphones. Wireless charging would sway me though as that would solve the problem of charging and listening via wired headphones.
    06-19-2017 04:32 PM
    I agree with this.

Especially if they raise the price, the Note 8 may become irresistible.

It would need a massive camera update for me to buy it, though. The iPhone has been pumping out over-processed, smudgy, water-color looking pictures for years now, and I'm tired of them selling great camera upgrades that deliver basically comparable output to last years (except maybe slightly brighter low light images). Not sure how they can seriously, and with a straight face, talk about their phones as if they're anything near a $300 P&S, never mind the DSLRs they keep comparing them to.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 06-21-2017 at 03:44 AM.
    libra89 and Premium1 like this.
    06-21-2017 01:18 AM
    I agree with this.

Especially if they raise the price, the Note 8 may become irresistible.

It would need a massive camera update for me to buy it, though. The iPhone has been pumping out over-processed, smudgy, water-color looking pictures for years now, and I'm tired of them selling great camera upgrades that deliver basically comparable output to last years (except maybe slightly brighter low light images). Not sure how they can seriously, and with a straight face, talk about their phones as if they're anything near a $300 P&S, never mind the DSLRs they keep comparing them to.
    Agree. Especially with the likes of LG and samsung pumping out phones with camera that are really starting to take better photos than the iPhone. I will be interested to see what they add to the rumored dual camera system in this years model to build upon what they put in the Plus last year.
    06-21-2017 04:33 PM
    Minor improvements will not make me upgrade. Not to mention I don't buy into the whole Apple marketing machine which is very good and convincing too.
    06-21-2017 05:18 PM
    I currently own iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7 + a SE as backup phone.
    The 6 series bulky design is slowly growing on me and I need change,probably a bezel less models will be interesting to use and handle one hand,I am definitely going to buy iPhone 8 On spot
    06-22-2017 07:30 AM
    Touch ID on the back. Definitely a no-go for me. Edge-to-edge screen. Too impractical and brittle.
    CyreneK likes this.
    06-24-2017 02:18 PM
    The fact that A) I am perfectly satisfied with my iPhone 7; and B) I still have about a year and a half left on my DPP ($4/month due to promo) I'll most likely hold off. By the time my DPP is satisfied, the iPhone 9, or whatever it'll be called, should be released and then I'll look into upgrading. For me, the better question is "What would it take for me to upgrade to the iPhone 8".
    06-24-2017 02:47 PM
    Price, not paying over $1000. Size, I don't want anything bigger than the 7. Looks, if they put the fingerprint scanner on the back. All three are definite deal breakers. I'm also not a fan of the no bezel screen. I prefer to use a case. So not only will a case inhibit the screen, but what is going to protect the glass back? Sorry, but nothing I've seen or heard about the 8 impresses me thus far. Everything about these changes are impractical. Why not make the apple logo the fingerprint sensor if it has to go on the back? Why not just leave it where it is? It's iconic apple, why change it? To me, the renditions look like a cheap Android phone. I will keep my 7.
    06-24-2017 05:39 PM
    I really don't want to pay 1000 or more and I don't want anything on the back of the phone other than that 5.5 is biggest I would go beings I have an iPhone 6 Plus now
    06-24-2017 05:41 PM
    Price. Have the 7 plus and have been thinking of going to the 7 for size. Had the 6 plus and now 7 plus. Holding it one hand while laying down is getting uncomfortable and causing pain. Having a 7 sized phone but bigger size than my 7 plus is tempting. I'm hoping for 64gb around 769.
    06-24-2017 06:56 PM
    If it has the reception of the 7 Plus.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-24-2017 07:03 PM
68 123