Some of the "leaked" renderings floating around show a slightly thicker profile with a much smaller bezel than we've seen in recent iPhones. It seems like Apple is giving up thinness in order to fit everything in the smaller form factor.

I, for one, would be more than happy to accept a thicker design in exchange for a smaller bezel. What are your thoughts?
    Spencerdl and Tartarus like this.
    05-09-2017 08:16 PM
    You remember the Nokia 8250? That was the thinnest phone back in the day. And then came the first smartphones. They went bigger, thicker, thinner, smaller and then some.
    If anything, the reality that history repeats itself is also true for the iPhone. It is an unavoidable thing that in order to achieve one thing, the other has to suffer.

I for one will not mind a thicker iPhone, if this means more power in both the battery life as in the capabilities of the next generation iPhone.
    Rob Phillips and aximtreo like this.
    05-09-2017 08:27 PM
    I would have to agree with both of you and gladly take a slightly thicker design in lieu of smaller bezels and larger screen size.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-09-2017 09:52 PM
    I'm more than happy to see a slightly thicker design if we get less bezels. Maybe in the process we will get a slightly bigger battery!

To me, as long as the device is under 9mm then I'm happy. We don't need things to be 7mm or less. Also, having a slightly thicker device allows apple to include more features. #WirelessCharing
    aximtreo and Spencerdl like this.
    05-10-2017 05:00 AM
    Agreed would welcome a slightly thicker device that would allow Apple to fit everything in and hopefully a better battery performance .
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-2017 05:15 AM
    I'm fine with a thicker iPhone no matter what. I definitely don't want/care about it being any thinner because it's already thinner than necessary. A thicker iPhone should mean more room for a better camera, electronics, display and battery (however I have no issues with current battery life). In addition, any thickness would also help prevent any chance of a careless person doing the things necessary to ever bend a phone.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-2017 05:21 AM
    It's funny how focused Apple has been on thinness when the overwhelming majority seem less concerned with it.
    aximtreo and Spencerdl like this.
    05-10-2017 05:58 AM
    It's funny how focused Apple has been on thinness when the overwhelming majority seem less concerned with it.
    Since when has Apple done what the majority wants? That's the strength of Apple. They can get away with it and still be praised.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-2017 06:27 AM
    I'd certainly welcome a thicker device with smaller bezels! Make it so @Spencerdl!
    Spencerdl, Tartarus and aximtreo like this.
    05-10-2017 06:31 AM
    Totally fine with that. It's not like it's gonna look like a brick or anything if it's a bit thicker.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-2017 06:34 AM
    Since when has Apple done what the majority wants? That's the strength of Apple. They can get away with it and still be praised.
    True story #headphonegate
    05-10-2017 06:38 AM
    Based on what they were seeing at the time, tech writers were saying it would be a tad thinner a few months ago. I never have been for the thinner iPhone. Slightly thicker is fine with me.
    05-10-2017 08:15 AM
    I'm in for a slightly thicker iPhone with a higher screen to body ratio and bigger battery. I have never understood the fascination with making phones so thin. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a brick in my pocket, but slightly thinker to afford a slightly bigger battery is something most people would take.
    05-10-2017 09:36 AM
    I prefer a smaller bezel, but there is a trade off as with all things. I could live with thicker for a smaller bezel.

Cheers,
    BR
    05-10-2017 10:54 AM
    I wouldn't mind a slightly thicker phone, and I also like the idea of smaller bezels!
    05-10-2017 11:01 AM
    I would like a slightly thicker phone to be caused by having a larger capacity battery. In reality smaller bezels would be a disadvantage to me, because already I seem to have thumb problems, particularly when tired they stray on to the screen, flipping pages, etc. Maybe top and bottom bezels could be reduced without causing too much of a user problem.
    05-10-2017 02:40 PM
    I don't think thicker would bother me too much since I used a Nokia Lumia 920 for a long time and never minded its depth. However, I'm a bit surprised that Apple would make the iPhone 8 thicker when it's always moved toward making each subsequent iPhone thinner.
    05-10-2017 03:52 PM
    I've never been someone obsessed by size and by the time I've slapped a case on it I feel like all of Apple's efforts have been wasted anyway. However, I do care about bezels. It's unlike Apple to go backwards in any area of design but I won't be bothered by it.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-10-2017 03:55 PM
    My favorite phone of all time is the Blackberry 7290, with the Motorola StarTac a close second. If the thickness of those two devices weren't a problem for me, a thicker iPhone won't be a problem either.

iPhone 8: Thicker design, smaller bezel?-img_0211.jpg

iPhone 8: Thicker design, smaller bezel?-img_0212.jpg
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-10-2017 04:07 PM
    Some of the "leaked" renderings floating around show a slightly thicker profile with a much smaller bezel than we've seen in recent iPhones. It seems like Apple is giving up thinness in order to fit everything in the smaller form factor.

I, for one, would be more than happy to accept a thicker design in exchange for a smaller bezel. What are your thoughts?
    I agree. I think Apple's push to be smaller and thinner has lead to shortcomings in other areas.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-10-2017 04:12 PM
    I'm cool with thicker phone for less bezel but also lets benefit from a larger battery.
    05-10-2017 09:42 PM
    How do you think Apple will convince people to buy the Iphone 7s and Iphone 7s plus if they are going to be bringing a whole new Iphone to the table with the Iphone 8?

I'm a long time Android user, but for the first time since the Iphone 4, I'm considering the new Iphone when it's released. I'm all for extra thickness if it gives me a better battery.
    05-11-2017 07:03 AM
    How do you think Apple will convince people to buy the Iphone 7s and Iphone 7s plus if they are going to be bringing a whole new Iphone to the table with the Iphone 8?
    It all depends on the budget of the buyers.

If they think the 8 don't have added benefits for the higher price, they'll buy the 'cheaper' 7S (Plus)
    05-11-2017 07:06 AM
    So let it be said; so let it be done!

Gosh, I love that statement and it fits thicker less bevel on the iPhone 8 perfectly.
    05-11-2017 02:12 PM
    I just switched to a KeyOne which is a bit thicker than my iPhone. I think the phone feels a lot more secure in the hands. There's actually some thickness in between my fingers when holding onto it. Also, the bigger battery is definitely nice.
    05-12-2017 05:32 PM
30 12