I'm guessing the vertical camera would make a big difference in landscape photos and video shooting since apple is focused on showing camera shooting abilities on the iPhone I can see panoramas being taken more seriously on the iPhone if apple utilizes the dual camera in that manor. Since the only portrait photos we take are selfies the daul horizontal cameras on the front will handle that just fine. Hope apple embeds the Touch ID and brings some type of touch bar feel as well.
    05-03-2017 11:57 AM
    Is that squircle for wireless charging? And please no fingerprint sensor on the back
    Yea that's for the wireless charging, there's no signs for Touch ID on the back on this schematic and let's hope they figured it out
    TG_USMC_VET likes this.
    05-03-2017 02:17 PM
    It's fake. The flux capacitor is missing.
    05-03-2017 04:31 PM
    Not sure if I think it's real or not, but I do think that something about the camera placement looks off.
    05-04-2017 08:32 PM
    Not sure if I think it's real or not, but I do think that something about the camera placement looks off.
    How so? Are you referring to the orientation (vertical vs horizontal)? From what I've read that's for VR features, so we'll see!
    05-05-2017 06:00 AM
    please no fingerprint sensor on the back
    As long as Touch ID isn't on the back, I'm fine.
    FPS on the back wouldn't be a good look!
    Maybe I'm just the odd one out then. I think having the scanner embedded in the Apple logo would be awesome
    It's at a nice hight and wouldn't require that much additional work. Its already a mostly circular shape, excluding the Apple stem at the top.

Is there something I'm maybe not seeing? Does it look bad on the Google Pixel? (for example)
    05-05-2017 07:05 AM
    This is also basically the same image but has a front portion to it. (attached below) This is definitely nothing official and all rumours at this point

The one thing that i found interesting is the display resolution. Apple have always had weird resolutions and never stuck to the standard 720p or 1080p except for their recent 'Plus' models. But when you see resolutions like 2800 x 1242 its definitely out of the ordinary. (625 PPI)

Leaked iPhone 8 Schematic-iphone-7s.jpg
    05-05-2017 07:32 AM
    Maybe I'm just the odd one out then. I think having the scanner embedded in the Apple logo would be awesome
    It's at a nice hight and wouldn't require that much additional work. Its already a mostly circular shape, excluding the Apple stem at the top.

Is there something I'm maybe not seeing? Does it look bad on the Google Pixel? (for example)
    For me it's not so much the looks as it is how i use my phone. The majority of my day is at a desk where I listen to podcasts, radio and music all day. A rear sensor requires me to lift my phone to unlock it when I need to quickly do something. As it stands now, I can do everything I need to do without actually picking my phone up from my desk. I also enjoy the way Touch ID functions with the sensor on the front. I also have several fingers registered because the way I use my phone varies throughout the day and sometimes it's more convenient to unlock with my index finger over my thumb. I had a rear sensor in one of the HTC devices I used in the past and I wasn't a huge fan.

Could I get used to a rear sensor? Absolutely. It would just be a change I'm personally not a fan of. But it's not the end of the world.
    05-05-2017 09:24 AM
    How so? Are you referring to the orientation (vertical vs horizontal)? From what I've read that's for VR features, so we'll see!
    Yeah, something about the orientation. Having it way off to the side like that looks a little weird, considering that a good number of phones try to keep it in the center.
    05-05-2017 10:12 PM
    Yeah, something about the orientation. Having it way off to the side like that looks a little weird, considering that a good number of phones try to keep it in the center.
    What iPhone ever had it in the center?
    05-06-2017 09:16 AM
    I am waiting to see if there are any really evolutionary changes planned... Apple really does make a solid and compelling line of products.

Cheers,
    BR
    05-10-2017 10:44 AM
    I also hope it´s an Amoled Screen this time
    05-20-2017 08:17 PM
37 12