• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I am pretty torn here as I have no idea what to do for this year. Should I just wait for the i8 this year as it releases or wait for the 7S red color? Or wait for the newly SE if possible?

I currently got the SE and I think it is time for an upgrade.
    04-23-2017 01:53 PM
    Wait for the 8!! Hey that rhymes.

Look at it this way: If you get the 7s Red or an updated SE, when the 8 comes out in September you'll wish you waited. If you wait for the eight you'll have no regrets!
    04-23-2017 02:08 PM
    But when will the 7S red, the updated SE and the 8 will be released? Are we talking about 3 new iPhones to be out within this year?!
    04-23-2017 02:14 PM
    But when will the 7S red, the updated SE and the 8 will be released? Are we talking about 3 new iPhones to be out within this year?!
    The 7 Red is already available (link here), and the latest - and probably last - SE launch was on March 21st of this year (link here). The iPhone 8 (if that's what it's going to be called) will be announced early September with a launch a week or two later.
    04-24-2017 12:16 AM
    You also have to take into account if they'll release a red iPhone right away or if they'll do it again anyway. This was a first for apple to have a new color after the phones had already been released.
    04-24-2017 02:45 AM
    The 7s and 7s Plus should be released in September. The new iPhone Edition (or whatever) may or may not be released in September. It could be delayed. Apple hasn't said.
    Nubwy likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:29 AM
    I'd wait. What is another 5 months?

I use plain math to decide such things. 7/12 has passed, and 5/12 is left. 5 is less than 7, so the wait is justified.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 04-28-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    kataran and TG_USMC_VET like this.
    04-24-2017 06:34 AM
    04-24-2017 08:18 AM
    I am pretty torn here as I have no idea what to do for this year. Should I just wait for the i8 this year as it releases or wait for the 7S red color? Or wait for the newly SE if possible?

I think you mean the 7 red. There is no 7s yet... or 8. Nobody knows what the next iPhone will be called! There's so much speculation! If I were you, I'd wait to see what is announced in the fall, and then make your decision! I'm in the same boat as you are (except that I have a 6s), so I totally understand where you're coming from!
    04-24-2017 10:48 AM
    All comes down to teh money!!!
    04-25-2017 09:35 AM
    All comes down to teh money!!!
    Then get the iPhone SE ---- Flagship performance, pocketable size, half the price
    04-25-2017 09:50 AM
    I felt same way about the SE. Love it, but felt like I needed an upgraded. Treated myself to the 7 yesterday. Very happy thus far and somewhat kept the form factor with the smaller of the 2 choices!
    04-25-2017 11:44 AM
    @Nabooy, this question comes up fairly often so I'll give my 'standard' reply. If you need an upgrade now for various reasons. The iPhone 7 is a great choice and will meet all your needs. Really is a spectacular product.

If you are happy to wait for an upgrade, the next SE model may only come early next year. So that may be a little to far down the road. So your next best option would be the iPhone 7s in September.

But as I said, iPhone 7 right now is still a perfect choice. It's only .7" inches bigger than the SE
    04-25-2017 12:36 PM
    If you can wait...then wait. You won't be disappointed if you do. You'll either end up with the latest and greatest of you'll pick one of the other offerings. But if you make your purchase now when you COULD HAVE waited, you may regret it if you see something you like down the road.

Nobody can make this decision for you. But if you're here asking, it probably means you're curious as to what may be releasing in the future. In that case, I'd say wait.
    04-25-2017 02:15 PM
    I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a red phone, that just seems like craziness to me. As we get closer to September the answer is increasingly obvious: Wait. Hopefully there are no supply issues but even if there are something tells me this release will be the first in a while to blow out socks off.
    04-28-2017 08:49 AM
    I'll be waiting on the 8!
    04-29-2017 09:17 AM

I'd definitely wait!
    04-29-2017 09:19 AM
    Some people think that the SE is already in need of an upgrade? It's not that old is it? I just picked up the 128GB SE, and I think it'll last me for many years.
    05-01-2017 12:45 AM
    I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a red phone, that just seems like craziness to me. As we get closer to September the answer is increasingly obvious: Wait. Hopefully there are no supply issues but even if there are something tells me this release will be the first in a while to blow out socks off.
    I read on some tech sites it might not be in september but around november.
    05-01-2017 03:12 AM
    Some people think that the SE is already in need of an upgrade? It's not that old is it? I just picked up the 128GB SE, and I think it'll last me for many years.
    The SE was upgraded at the end of March this year, from 16/64gb options to 32/128. There won't be another upgrade to this device this year.

There may be upgrades to the SE in March 2018 however, but that is just speculation. Other than iOS upgrades the SE does not need an upgrade and won't for two or three years because of its unusual screen/processor combo. It has an A9 processor driving an 5/5S screen - meaning the A9 has a lot of spare time. The current SE will be able to run at flagship speed and power for a looooong time.
    05-01-2017 09:53 AM
    The SE was upgraded at the end of March this year, from 16/64gb options to 32/128. There won't be another upgrade to this device this year.

There may be upgrades to the SE in March 2018 however, but that is just speculation. Other than iOS upgrades the SE does not need an upgrade and won't for two or three years because of its unusual screen/processor combo. It has an A9 processor driving an 5/5S screen - meaning the A9 has a lot of spare time. The current SE will be able to run at flagship speed and power for a looooong time.
    Raider

Thanks. That's good to hear.

SVP
    05-01-2017 02:11 PM
    If it's as awesome as the rumors than if you don't need a phone immediately I'd say yes. The screen on the Galaxy S8+ is amazing and if the iPhone has a similar display I can't help to think it will be jaw dropping.
    05-01-2017 03:18 PM
    If it's as awesome as the rumors than if you don't need a phone immediately I'd say yes. The screen on the Galaxy S8+ is amazing and if the iPhone has a similar display I can't help to think it will be jaw dropping.
    At what cost? I do get upgrades and I could snag it. But I really like the size and design of the SE. That's why I turned down the 7 model. But it will be interesting to see what's in store for the 8.

SVP
    05-01-2017 05:27 PM
    At what cost? I do get upgrades and I could snag it. But I really like the size and design of the SE. That's why I turned down the 7 model. But it will be interesting to see what's in store for the 8.

SVP
    My work phone is a SE and I really enjoy the size and it's quite a nice phone. And the new storage options and relatively low price is a huge draw as well. Camera takes great shots as well. And there really is something to be said about one handed use.
    05-01-2017 05:31 PM
    My work phone is a SE and I really enjoy the size and it's quite a nice phone. And the new storage options and relatively low price is a huge draw as well. Camera takes great shots as well. And there really is something to be said about one handed use.
    JT

I agree. The 4s, 5 and SE are the perfect size. And with my 128GB of storage space, I should be fine. I do not do any gaming and I do not load it down with pictures and music. It drops very nicely into a belt pouch that I have for it. I don't see myself wanting or needing anything else for quite some time. I must like it. I've been geeking out over it lately.

SVP
    jtcannonball likes this.
    05-01-2017 05:57 PM
30 12