Wait for 8 or 7S/SE?

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
The SE was upgraded at the end of March this year, from 16/64gb options to 32/128. There won't be another upgrade to this device this year.

There may be upgrades to the SE in March 2018 however, but that is just speculation. Other than iOS upgrades the SE does not need an upgrade and won't for two or three years because of its unusual screen/processor combo. It has an A9 processor driving an 5/5S screen - meaning the A9 has a lot of spare time. The current SE will be able to run at flagship speed and power for a looooong time.

Raider

Thanks. That's good to hear.

SVP

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
If it's as awesome as the rumors than if you don't need a phone immediately I'd say yes. The screen on the Galaxy S8+ is amazing and if the iPhone has a similar display I can't help to think it will be jaw dropping.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
If it's as awesome as the rumors than if you don't need a phone immediately I'd say yes. The screen on the Galaxy S8+ is amazing and if the iPhone has a similar display I can't help to think it will be jaw dropping.

At what cost? I do get upgrades and I could snag it. But I really like the size and design of the SE. That's why I turned down the 7 model. But it will be interesting to see what's in store for the 8.

SVP

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
At what cost? I do get upgrades and I could snag it. But I really like the size and design of the SE. That's why I turned down the 7 model. But it will be interesting to see what's in store for the 8.

SVP
My work phone is a SE and I really enjoy the size and it's quite a nice phone. And the new storage options and relatively low price is a huge draw as well. Camera takes great shots as well. And there really is something to be said about one handed use.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
My work phone is a SE and I really enjoy the size and it's quite a nice phone. And the new storage options and relatively low price is a huge draw as well. Camera takes great shots as well. And there really is something to be said about one handed use.

JT

I agree. The 4s, 5 and SE are the perfect size. And with my 128GB of storage space, I should be fine. I do not do any gaming and I do not load it down with pictures and music. It drops very nicely into a belt pouch that I have for it. I don't see myself wanting or needing anything else for quite some time. I must like it. I've been geeking out over it lately. ??????

SVP

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
JT

I agree. The 4s, 5 and SE are the perfect size. And with my 128GB of storage space, I should be fine. I do not do any gaming and I do not load it down with pictures and music. It drops very nicely into a belt pouch that I have for it. I don't see myself wanting or needing anything else for quite some time. I must like it. I've been geeking out over it lately. 👍

SVP
Sounds like you know the answer. Now just what color. Lol

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'd definitely wait for the 8. If you're looking to invest in a new phone that you'll have for a few years then the iPhone 8 or even a 7s is your best bet. New design, new hardware and features like water/dust resistance and wireless charging. Possibly even future VR support. Definitely worth the wait if I were you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW