I absolutely don't give a single care about Qi charging as a necessity. That's not wireless charging anyhow, in fact it's more limiting than using a wire because once you pick up your phone to do anything at all, it stops charging. That's not an issue when using a wire. I would probably use it at work on my desk, but that's about it. True wireless charging, where I don't have to connect the phone to a pad with a wire, meaning it would charge while still sitting in my pocket, then yes... that would be awesome. Since having an Apple Watch, the need to actually use my phone during the day has dropped significantly. I can quickly read and answer calls, texts, etc all with the watch for simple stuff instead of pulling out the phone to see that I got a text from someone saying something important like "Ok" haha. The thing that I would like to see most would be a true quick charging function. The iPhone already charges decently quick, but a true quick charging solution that makes charging 4x faster would be the best feature, and would make any sort of Qi "convenience and/or inconvenience" completely worthless to me.
    05-11-2017 06:10 AM
    It would be nice, but not a deal breaker if the next iPhone didn't have it. I guess I'm one of those people that when my phone needs charging I just charge it and not worry about how it's charged. I usually just put it on my charging stand at night when I go to sleep and if I need to top off during the day.
    05-11-2017 08:41 AM
    At this point, I'm ambivalent about it. It might be nice, but at this point, I am more interested in a faster charge!
    05-11-2017 08:50 AM
    It would be nice. Not a make or break feature for me
    I'd love to see it in the iPhone 8, but I don't think it's a do or die feature.
    It's not a necessity for me.
    Wireless is not a necessity for me
    It's good feature but not necessary
    It seems like most of the Apple users in this forum are happy to have it and would definitely use it, but it wouldn't be considered a disadvantage if the iPhone didn't have it... interesting.

I think if Apple implemented some sort of 'Thunder Charge' (love that name) to rival the quick charge 3.0 or 4.0 coming out now, people might be happier with that then. Not all features on android need to come to the iPhone. Like the MicroSD card slot. So maybe Apple will give it a miss and just wow us with 'Thunder Charge'! (i made that up)
    05-11-2017 12:07 PM
    I wouldn't call it a necessity...but it would be great if it did

Cheers
    05-16-2017 05:15 PM
    It'll almost be embarrassing at this point if they add it so long after Android users had it. You have to think there is a very good reason they haven't added it yet so I'm certainly not expecting. For all the leaks though there's always something that comes out of left field. Maybe this is it.
    05-16-2017 07:26 PM
    So called "wireless" charging is the most overrated feature ever. There IS a wire, it just plugs into the thing that you then set the phone on. It generates a LOT of heat, so the phone gets VERY hot. Strike 1. You can't use the phone while it's charging. Strike 2. Charging is MUCH faster using a cable than " wireless". Strike 3.

It's strictly a gimmick. I have had Windows phones and Android phones that have it. Once I learned how impractical it is, I never used it again.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-11-2017 10:53 PM
    I have had it on other phones, and like it a lot. Its definitely not something that I wouldn't buy a phone if it didn't have it, but it is nice to have the option.
    06-12-2017 08:11 AM
    This is really a gimmick, I can charge at full rate and use my device if i use a 2 or 3 m cable which means I can unplug much sooner if I need to go anywhere. I like everyone else would like to be able to charge wirelessly at a distance, but an induction charging pad ain't that.
    naddy6969 likes this.
    06-12-2017 09:06 AM
    Not a gimmick. Works overnight, or while sitting on a desk all day. Don't always need fast charging or to use your phone while it is charging. One of the best implementations is in cars. You aren't going to use it while driving (or shouldn't), and it is simple to put your phone in a holder that has wireless charging.

I'm definitely not saying it is needed in the 8 or any other phone, but if they can implement it without any other sacrifices, what does it hurt? You can still plug in if you need a faster charge or if that is what you prefer, but others would have the option to use wireless charging if they desire to do so.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-12-2017 10:45 AM
    So called "wireless" charging is the most overrated feature ever. There IS a wire, it just plugs into the thing that you then set the phone on. It generates a LOT of heat, so the phone gets VERY hot. Strike 1. You can't use the phone while it's charging. Strike 2. Charging is MUCH faster using a cable than " wireless". Strike 3.

It's strictly a gimmick. I have had Windows phones and Android phones that have it. Once I learned how impractical it is, I never used it again.
    Have to disagree.I don't think it's overrated nor a gimmick, but rather a convenience to have by laying your phone down on a disc to charge. The device gets warm but not to the degree I would call a lot of heat. No you can't use your phone while charging wirelessly but truth be told i don't use my phone while its plugged in either. Besides, you still can plug your charging cable into the device, so not a big deal. My Note 5 can charge just as fast wirelessly if not faster than, my IPhone 6s Plus does plugged in.

Wireless charging is a nice feature/convenience to have built-in to a device whether you use it or not. It's not like its an either or thing.

Reality is, iPhones should have had wireless charging capability several iterations ago.
    Ecm likes this.
    06-12-2017 07:50 PM
    Sure it will be beautiful and special, I would love Apple
    06-13-2017 01:14 PM
    It's not necessary for me but I'd gladly accept it! LOL
    06-14-2017 08:21 PM
    I never saw wireless charging as a necessity .. But it is convenient. It would be a nice feature to have but not a *must* have for me.
    06-15-2017 05:19 PM
    Current rumors indicating towards the glass back means apple may add wireless charging support for the new iPhone, the current ones have alminium back which means it's impossible to add that hardware.
    06-22-2017 11:00 AM
40 12