The "clicking" yes, but there's still a physical button that is not on the screen to waste screen estate.
    It's an indent with a Taptic feedback like the  watch. There's no mechanical button there at all. In the next phone I'd be surprised if there was no indent at all.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-08-2017 08:30 PM
    Huge fan of the rear "center" placed FPS. Not a huge fan at all of the FPS on the S8 series. During my trial run I just kept touching the dang camera and ended up using the other methods of unlocking my phone.
    05-09-2017 09:42 AM
    It's an indent with a Taptic feedback like the  watch. There's no mechanical button there at all. In the next phone I'd be surprised if there was no indent at all.
    I'm aware of that, but the fact remains that there's still no virtual on-screen keys to gobble up the screen estate. On-screen buttons aren't the end of the world for me, but I'd much rather have any sort of navigation tool remain off of the screen.
    05-09-2017 11:47 AM
    I think on the bezel less iPhone 8 there won't be any physical button. The touch id will be highly likely integrated into the display. Home button will be thing on past on iPhones sooner.
    06-22-2017 09:03 AM
    I think on the bezel less iPhone 8 there won't be any physical button. The touch id will be highly likely integrated into the display. Home button will be thing on past on iPhones sooner.
    Seems to be how it's going from the latest rumors... looking forward to this one!
    BoneCollecter likes this.
    06-27-2017 05:27 PM
    I’ve got no problem with a home “button” going the way of the headphone jack. Or moving the current not-button to the rear like the Nexus 6P had. I loved that placement. (Turns and walks away)
    06-27-2017 05:43 PM
    I’ve got no problem with a home “button” going the way of the headphone jack. Or moving the current not-button to the rear like the Nexus 6P had. I loved that placement. (Turns and walks away)
    Oh now you've done it....
    06-27-2017 05:48 PM
    I know @Tartarus is gonna get me now
    06-27-2017 05:48 PM
    I can’t even believe I’m friends with you

I know @Tartarus is gonna get me now
    You betcha.

No, the home button at the back is totally impractical. Mounted iPhones at car vents and such will be totally inoperable for the by rider. Imagine you have to check something on your phone that serves as navigation and you have to take it of the cradle to unlock it all the time. Teh horror.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-27-2017 05:57 PM
    Seems to be how it's going from the latest rumors... looking forward to this one!
    I think there is no doubt Apple is going to kill home button in future,
    06-27-2017 09:12 PM
    I don't really see a problem with losing the home button as a separate physical thing but I think it's location should stay as it is, imagine how often you are going to interrupt whatever task you're performing as you change grip, if it was on the back.
    06-28-2017 06:13 AM
    They can keep the "button" on the front with an onscreen button, but I would have no problem with the Touch ID on the back of the phone. To get around the issue that was mentioned above they could use a feature like Google Smart Lock, where if it is connected to a designated bluetooth device it remains unlocked.
    06-28-2017 08:05 AM
    Pssst.... I agree with you :-x.

/runs
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-28-2017 08:23 AM
    I still dock my phone to the air vent in my dads car and while at a traffic stop or something I unlock it to check something real quick. (Without endangering myself nor anybody). A button on the back will make this impossible. There are too many cons and fewer pros in my opinion.
    This is why trusted devices is such as awesome feature. If you're connected to a trusted bluetooth device such as your Apple Watch or car bluetooth, this wouldn't be an issue because your phone would automatically be unlocked so long as it's within the range of these items.

The rear finger print sensor does take some getting used to and I absolutely would prefer it on the front. But it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience if placed on the back as long as Apple offers some of the convenient features of the competition.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-28-2017 08:31 AM
39 12