I'm more concerned with what my phone does than how it looks. I'd be happy with a new design but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it didn't happen. I do hope the next phone offers a compelling reason to purchase whether it be design or features.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-07-2017 08:12 AM
    I'm more concerned with what my phone does than how it looks. I'd be happy with a new design but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it didn't happen. I do hope the next phone offers a compelling reason to purchase whether it be design or features.
    But with a new design usually comes new features, right?
    04-07-2017 03:31 PM
    I'm absolutely fine with the current design of iPhones. I hope they don't come out with a edge to edge screen.
    I would have to agree. I'm not a big fan of edge to edge design. I see the bezel edge as a good finger rest and spot for case edges. I get regularly annoyed at having to swipe at the screen edge multiple times now to get slide gestures to work with having bezels. I can't imagine trying to do it without them.
    04-07-2017 08:31 PM
    I'm absolutely fine with the current design of iPhones. I hope they don't come out with a edge to edge screen.
    You may be in luck if Apple decides to release multiple versions of their next device. I for one would welcome edge to edge.

I'd expect Apple would fetch a premium price on an edge device, possibly adding unique features helping to justify cost. Either way I'm all in should that come to fruition.

The same won't be said if they stick with the current design.
    04-08-2017 06:12 AM
    You may be in luck if Apple decides to release multiple versions of their next device. I for one would welcome edge to edge.

I'd expect Apple would fetch a premium price on an edge device, possibly adding unique features helping to justify cost. Either way I'm all in should that come to fruition.

The same won't be said if they stick with the current design.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Cheers
    04-08-2017 09:53 AM
    They can certainly survive. People are still going to buy the iPhone. However, they need a refreshing design soon. They can't be totally naive thinking they will continue to sell as the most popular smartphone manufacturer. (I'm looking at you BlackBerry). BlackBerry once thought they were invincible and they were very rapidly dethroned. I don't see this happening to apple because smartphone technology isn't moving quite as quick as it did when the first iPhone launched, but I think being naive can be their enemy. I'd like to see a refreshed design for sure.
    jlarkins08 likes this.
    05-01-2017 11:12 PM
    Yes they can afford it because their fan base is large enough to keep the same design for another 2 years. Look at the iPhone SE. Pretty old design but still sells. People just love the OS and how "clean and simple" it is, and that's all they care about. I have friends that still are hanging on to their iPhone 5 because they love that size and don't want a darn thing to change, refusing to ever upgrade. But you're right, Samsung has drastically improved so much in so many areas, I could understand why Apple is now teaming up with Samsung to help develop their new AMOLED display for the anniversary edition iPhone. I think that's the only thing that will make the iPhone exciting again, otherwise it's the same old usual, maybe a new color option.
    05-02-2017 02:10 AM
    It's all about edge to edge. Get rid of those bezels.
    05-02-2017 04:29 PM
    Apple can get away with it because buyers don't care as much so long as its Apple and they get some type of bump in the hardware. Plus a lot of buyers will happily buy last years model for less $$$ and not be concerned. Each year buyers are replacing their phone and it could be a buyer from 1-3 generations ago with a different design so they don't care as much. If they do push the envelop on the S series with the same phone design, and people buy it then ok, they buy it. But if those same buyers trash other phone OEM's for not offering enough a design update then I will call foul on that.
    05-02-2017 08:30 PM
34 12