Hate android bloatware i love apple eco system
    06-22-2017 07:23 AM
    Hate android bloatware i love apple eco system
    This is an argument for 2 years ago. It's not applicable these days. Even carriers are preloading less software on phones these days.

Samsung has moved over half of its apps to the Galaxy App Store. Even their own Media Playback apps, for example, are no longer preloaded on the device. You get them from the Galaxy Essentials section on Galaxy Apps.

On top of that, Google has removed some of their own apps form mandatory preloading. There is far less "bloatware" (a term that is too widely used, and used too broadly when it is) than there used to be. You're using an old argument that is not as applicable today as it once was.

And you're ignoring the vast number of apps that Apple preloads on their devices. They've only just gotten around to allowing you to "disable" them, and that completely breaks the system as they don't allow you to set alternatives as defaults.

Nice try, though.
    BoneCollecter and DMP89145 like this.
    06-22-2017 07:26 PM
    Only time will tell which would be better, specs wise the iPhone edition may be better than s8 or s8+, but it's main competition is the note 8 which both have yet to be officially reveiled
    06-24-2017 02:31 AM
    Only time will tell which would be better, specs wise the iPhone edition may be better than s8 or s8+, but it's main competition is the note 8 which both have yet to be officially reveiled
    If you ask about spec wise Samsung is always ahead of Apple (more ram,more megapixel camera,high resolution display,and few added features) the real question is OS support which makes the real difference and apple is superior in protecting privacy long software support and standing behind their products.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-24-2017 04:05 AM
    With the edition, iPhone is meeting Android at screen resolution, edge display, and their processors have always been more reliable than Android except their 32bit models
    06-25-2017 03:52 AM
    If you ask about spec wise Samsung is always ahead of Apple (more ram,more megapixel camera,high resolution display,and few added features) the real question is OS support which makes the real difference and apple is superior in protecting privacy long software support and standing behind their products.
    I agree with this. The spec race means nothing to me compared to privacy and support. While Android has gotten better with privacy, in think Apple still does a better job in both areas.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    06-25-2017 12:31 PM
    You don't agree? Their single and multicore tests prove it's more competent unless it's snapdragon 835 which is current gen the next iPhone has to catch up with
    06-26-2017 02:14 AM
    There are several things I'd like to see like much smaller bezels. But, I don't think Apple needs to do anything groundbreaking to be able to compete with the S8! I feel like the majority of the iPhone customer base will flock to the new iPhone because it's the new iPhone. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself.

Add some new awesome features that have previously not been offered in an iPhone and you're looking at record sales yet again!
    07-07-2017 12:26 PM
    This is an argument for 2 years ago. It's not applicable these days. Even carriers are preloading less software on phones these days.

Samsung has moved over half of its apps to the Galaxy App Store. Even their own Media Playback apps, for example, are no longer preloaded on the device. You get them from the Galaxy Essentials section on Galaxy Apps.

On top of that, Google has removed some of their own apps form mandatory preloading. There is far less "bloatware" (a term that is too widely used, and used too broadly when it is) than there used to be. You're using an old argument that is not as applicable today as it once was.

And you're ignoring the vast number of apps that Apple preloads on their devices. They've only just gotten around to allowing you to "disable" them, and that completely breaks the system as they don't allow you to set alternatives as defaults.

Nice try, though.
    While Apple has had some non deletable apps on the iPhone, I would hardly call it bloatware. None of them took much storage space at all. A few do now, like the photos app.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-07-2017 02:34 PM
    I hope each company learns from one another to make betters smartphones. Any of them is a great device, with it´s own advantages...

Cheers
    Spot on!
    07-07-2017 04:39 PM
    I have to agree on that. The fingerprint position is ridiculous. But Apple can learn a thing or two with Samsung great screens.
    Samsung screens and how they show colours is incredible
    07-07-2017 04:40 PM
61 123