I hope not, but I would really like an edge-to-edge screen
    11-27-2016 08:54 AM
    I would greatly welcome it. I have an iphone 6s plus; my first iPhone ever. I sold many old phones, some faulty and saved to afford half the fee of the phone. The other half of the money was a gift for hard work in school. With all that who knows when I'll be able to afford a new one, but it would be nice to still know curved edges exist in the iphone world.
    11-27-2016 12:53 PM
    I'm not against it, but I wouldn't want it personally.
    11-27-2016 05:50 PM
    I'm surprised by the closed minds here. You automatically say no but you have no idea what if anything the curved edge could support. It would be one thing if someone said a curved edge that did XYZ and XYZ provided no benefit over the current bezel design.
    I absolutely agree with you. However my guess is that if this rumor comes to fruition then Apple will institute some gimmicky use for the curved edges that won't really be of use for much for the first year but eventually is expanded upon. Like Touch ID and 3D Touch.
    11-29-2016 03:30 PM
    No need, even more slippery, more difficult to handle. If Apple wants to make a statement, just make a phone that is outstandingly better... and that works all the time.
    11-30-2016 06:34 AM
    I agree with @firedept10. The curved edge is gimmicky and awkward IMO. No, thank you!
    Agreed. Plus there'd be no tempered glass protectors for the screen. I install the flimsy plastic ones on galaxy edges at work. Makes the device look cheap instantly. But better cheap looking then scratches all over the screen I suppose
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-09-2017 03:45 AM
    No it shouldn't have a curved displayed. Granted when I had the s7 edge I did like having quick access to apps and what not. But the experience with screen protectors was horrible and most of them did not work with cases. This forced me to go with out a screen, but after 7 months of use or so my screen still looked almost new.
    01-11-2017 10:13 PM
    If they are like the note 7, I would love it. The note 7 felt great in hand when I went to play with one before deciding between iPhone 7 and it. It does not need to be a super drastic curve, the iPhone could use some curves to make it feel better in hand.
    01-29-2017 01:49 PM
    what do you think about curved edge in iphone 8??
    If it has a small curve to the screen like the Blackberry PRIV, then i would be happy about Apple implementing it. But don't want something as big as the S7 Edge. I think people generally would be happier if Apple reduces the top and bottom bezels on the iPhone. Apple will most likely make the iPhone thinner this year, even though nobody asked for it haha ^_^
    02-01-2017 11:33 AM
    I think it should. They have to revolutionize things, imo.
    03-28-2017 05:59 PM
    If Apple do bring the curved display to the iPhone, they will make sure that the implementation, both hardware and software, will be clearly distinct from the Samsung edge displays. They will bring something of their own to the table..So I'd be interested to see that...
    03-29-2017 03:22 AM
    The current "curved edges" on the 6-7 series iPhones are plenty curved enough for me!
    03-29-2017 06:00 AM
    small curve would be better
    03-30-2017 02:50 AM
    If Apple do bring the curved display to the iPhone, they will make sure that the implementation, both hardware and software, will be clearly distinct from the Samsung edge displays. They will bring something of their own to the table..So I'd be interested to see that...
    I'm pretty sure Apple is getting their displays from Samsung. Therefore, I wouldn't expect a distinct difference in the curved edges. Besides how creative can one get with a curved glass screen. I don't see a lot of variation in the flat square/rectangular screens used today other than dimensions.
    04-07-2017 06:50 PM
    I think the new iPhone should have a curved edge but they should also make a traditional version to satisfy those who don't want that look/feel. They do it today with the regular and plus size iPhone for those who don't want a large device. I'm sure many of you recall when Apple announced they were making a device with a 5.5 inch display, the early reaction by the Apple community was less than pleasing. It was this same community that would criticize Samsung for making devices with 5.7 inch displays years earlier. Fast forward to today, and that large screen Apple device outsells the smaller size iPhone. Go figure. I guarantee the same will happen if/when Apple releases a curve edged iPhone.
    04-07-2017 06:59 PM
    Depends what they do to utilize them. Otherwise, no.
    04-07-2017 08:53 PM
    I'm pretty sure Apple is getting their displays from Samsung. Therefore, I wouldn't expect a distinct difference in the curved edges. Besides how creative can one get with a curved glass screen. I don't see a lot of variation in the flat square/rectangular screens used today other than dimensions.
    Well, even if Apple is getting displays from Samsung, they would have a say in the actual design of the screens..And while I do agree that there isn't much that could be done shape wise, the software implementation could make a lot of difference..
    04-08-2017 03:24 AM
    what do you think about curved edge in iphone 8??
    God I hope not.
    04-09-2017 02:41 AM
    I had a Galaxy S7 Edge. I rarely used the edge functions. Though it was a beautiful screen. Samsung AMOLED displays are the best...

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    04-10-2017 10:07 PM
    I believe that having a bigger screen to body ratio (less bezels) is much more important than edge to edge screens.

Cheers
    04-11-2017 04:01 AM
    I wish they would go back to the squared off edges of the 5/s/SE
    tr1ad likes this.
    04-16-2017 09:05 AM
    I'll use a case, so likely won't notice the curve. I can't see where a curve would be of any practical use, other than just for looks. So I'm a little indifferent about it.
    04-16-2017 09:36 AM
    I definitely am ready for a design refresh. There's no reason for the bezels anymore...

I don't use a case or a screen protector (and yes I drop my phones occasionally and no I've never had a broken screen, even hitting pavement) so difficulty with curved edges and accessories wouldn't matter at all...I played with an S8+ yesterday and was never so close to pulling the trigger on a non-Apple device in my life. Truth be told, only reason I haven't is I have an iPad,
     Watch, and MacBook Pro so am pretty locked in or I'd have a 128gb orchid grey on preorder now...
    04-16-2017 10:43 AM
48 12