iPhone 8 Wishlist

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
With the iPhone 8 less than a year away, what are you hoping will be included in the new model? I'll get the ball started. There are a lot of rumors I am liking so far but I'm hoping for wireless charging.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I would like an OLED-screen and would be very interested in how Apple implements this software wise: so far all their OLED-devices (Watch, Touchbar) all have black backgrounds so the UI-elements seem to float on the device, not just the screen. That would require significant rework of iOS…

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I too would love to have an OLED screen. It's interesting to hear about the watch/toolbar. I don't have either so hopefully they will fix the issue with the upcoming iPhone. Nonetheless, next years phone will be exciting to say the least. Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Just imagine: A Jet Black iPhone with an OLED-screen without borders — that'd be a merging of hardware and software like never seen before.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I would like Apple to continue tuning the screen-to-bezel ratio. I don't think they're far off as it is, but there's some room on the top and bottom of the phone. :)

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I agree. Seeing some of the concepts that implemented that look awesome! I think it will happen with the next phone. Well, we can only hope! Thanks for sharing.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I will like if it comes with something like this:

znaps_magnetic_adapter_1.jpg

Also:
- fully waterproof to 100ft/30meters
- Fisheye-like cameras in order to take 360 pictures and videos
- A hardcore version for action sports or something with a screw mount
- As much bezelless as possible
- MicroSD card port

Am I dreaming too much?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

ralphelliott

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Reduced bezel size is all I ask for! I'm not even that fussed about wireless charging given I only plug it in once a day. The fisheye camera is a cool idea too but not sure whether enough people would use it for Apple to justify adding it?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
With the iPhone 8 less than a year away, what are you hoping will be included in the new model? I'll get the ball started. There are a lot of rumors I am liking so far but I'm hoping for wireless charging.

There are a couple {Hardware} things i love to see. The first being what you suggested, Wireless charging. It doesn't really add that much benefit but its a 'nice to have'. Especially when we paying over $600 for the phone :)

The second would be a OLED display. Just having richer colours and 'deeper blacks' is awesome to look at and I'm sure if Apple play their cards right, it will improve battery life. (not that its bad now)

The next would be to have the dual camera set up on both models. It will have been a year of exclusivity to the plus model but would love it to now come to the cheaper variant.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of wireless charging and I would like a MagSafe kind of charging mainly so I don't have to fish lint out of my charging port.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Reduced (as in eliminated) bezel would be my number one priority. Dual camera in the 7s (or whatever it's called) would be second.

BillyBreathes

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm a simple man and very confident that it will be an amazing peice of hardware, but I really want supreme battery life. It would be nice if I wasn't worried about making it 24 hours. Also, my phone takes a long time to charge, 2.5 hours to get up to 100% from 16-20%. Quick charging would be really nice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro